Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

So, apparently I've gained 13kg in about 15 months:

October 2012: http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/ctdelves/library/Gym/October 2012
frontdouble1.jpg
reardouble.jpg

December 2013: http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/ctdelves/library/Gym/December 2013
20131231_132352_20532_zps1912e8a5.jpg
20131231_123346_19586_zpsdb5e7f78.jpg

Fatty's gonna fat etc. Time to cut for a bit I think. Will try and get some pics this month.

Where were you this morning slack face? I thought I would do a morning session today, and you weren't there deadlifting. I was disappointed with the lack of anything close to proper lifting going on, what with me not lifting today!

Where were you this morning slack face? I thought I would do a morning session today, and you weren't there deadlifting. I was disappointed with the lack of anything close to proper lifting going on, what with me not lifting today!

Went to Kidlington weightlifting club this evening with a mate, sorry :p
Anyway, where was you for my bench squat Monday?

Hah....most definitely gut gains....cheers all :)

Friday 7th Feb: back @ Kidlington weight lifting club
  • Deads: 3 x 5 x 150kg - DS: 1 x 5 x 130kg
  • BOR: 60kg x 10, 10, 6+1
  • Cable row: 3 x 12 x 50kg
  • Lat pull down: 45kg x 10, 40kg x 12, 12.
  • Curls, then some db rows with 27.5kg.

Deadlifts: nom, back went a little with fatigue but still good.
Bors: started well, final set my lower back was so pumped I couldnt do anymore :p
Everything else was swell.

Had a back massage last night and there was some concentration around my lumbar and on the sides, so things where a bit tender. Still, pleased with that.

Last edited:
Cheers bru.

Taking this week as a deload, my body needs it. Shoulder feels somewhat knackered and my back is fatigued to buggery, so I'm going to go in, do a session to keep nimble then mobilise.

Glorious times.

Squats where odd today, I appear to get pains (in my right knee) if I go ATG (high bar), however if the decent is controlled a lot it seems to not be there.

I'll see how it feels next week, otherwise I may need to sack them off for a bit. I'm also going to keep things simple and lower the weight on BSS, keep them more controlled.

Monday17th January: Chest
  • Bench: 3 x 8 x 50kg
  • Inc DB Bench: 3 x 10 x 18's
  • Tri rope pull: 18kg = 15, 15, 9+6
  • V-Push down: 18kg = 15, 15,15.

Welp, back on it after last week. To be honest thins are still feeling ****, back of my knee feels like something is tight and my shoulder is being a bit gash. Despite my shoulder the above felt comfortable.

Squats tomorrow, going to go lightly and see how it feels.

Tuesday 18th Feb: legs
  • Leg ext: 3 x 20 x something
  • Squats: 5 x 5 x 70kg
  • BSS: 3 x 8 x 12's
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 36's

Going to slowly progress sqiats again and keep an eye on my knee. Knee felt fine during squats, BSS actually aggravated it more, weirdly the right knee felt worse when it was elavated?

All the bars where in use so had to use db's for RDLs, so annoying.

Thursday 20th February: Shoulders
  • WU: OHP - bar x 10, 10, 30kg x 6.
  • WU: PP - 35kg x 6, 40kg x 1, 45kg x 1.
  • PP: 3 x 8 x 40kg.
  • Arnold's: 3 x 12 x 12's.
    - S/S with -
  • Side raises: 3 x 15 x 8's.
  • Face pull (Tri stack, rope): 3 x 15 x 27kg.
  • X-Body hammers: 80kg x 12, 16kg x 12, 14kg x 12.
    - S/S with -
  • EZ Bar + 15kg: 3 x 12.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng! OHP and PP felt glorious today, kept my elbows in, stuck my head through, just felt amazing, fatigued a bit on the last set of PP but hey.

Arnold's and side raises doing me over, good though. I appear to be aggravating the right trap (I guess it's that) on side raises, it's been tight for ages.

Face pulls with the rope on the tri stack, good lawd above, so doing these rather than on the lat machine.

Then arms bru's, das pump.

No idea! Just felt exceptionally smooth.

I really need to attack my trap somehow, although the last person I saw said it didn't seem terrible, just a bit of tightness at the bottom. My whole right shoulder area (so trap, shoulder, front delt, ext. rotators etc) feel tight.

Friday 21st February: Back
  • Deads: 3 x 5 x 145kg
  • Chins: 5, 4(not quite 5), 3+2neg
  • BORs: 3 x 12 x 50kg
  • Cable row: 3 x 12 x 52kg
  • Lat pull down: 3 x 12 x 45kg

Shorter rests on everything after the deads. Deads felt okay, really wasn't feeling it though and the video of my final set shows it.

Also, rear of shoulder is on fire, I can only presume it is my teres minor looking at diagrams, it keeps playing up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom