Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
that's good going on the DL's Delvis, exactly what is it that's wrong with your back?

Thank you :) Slowly starting to shift decent numbers.

Not sure really what happened...Think I did some deadlifts one day, after that I just had some insane lower back doms/tightness, I couldn't do BOR's or anything.

Couldn't really do anything after that for a while, went to see a docter who said nothing was seriously wrong, then a physio who gave me some exercises to do to help, and it's still not 100%.

In general it's okay, but I just have a constant uncomfortable feeling really, hard to explain. Just trying to get on with things really, but it hold me back somewhat.

Man of Honour
If you're getting lower back discomfort, drop to triples (sets up to you, just don't trash yourself) and start from 130kg. Add 5kg a week until you APPROACH failure, then drop the weight to 130kg and start doing 5 reps again (3 sets).

Nice work :)

Caporegime
OP
If you're getting lower back discomfort, drop to triples (sets up to you, just don't trash yourself) and start from 130kg. Add 5kg a week until you APPROACH failure, then drop the weight to 130kg and start doing 5 reps again (3 sets).

Nice work :)

Cheers ice, i may do as you say :)

It wasnt bad at all, just some pump, but even that can cause issues.

Feels pretty good today though

Associate
i used to have that issue sitting at a desk all day on a computer. Not so much now...job changed a bit which means i move about a lot more with a lot more hands on stuff. Desk jobs and weight training arent the best combination realy :(

Caporegime
OP
i used to have that issue sitting at a desk all day on a computer. Not so much now...job changed a bit which means i move about a lot more with a lot more hands on stuff. Desk jobs and weight training arent the best combination realy :(

Indeed, not to mention having a dodgey back anyway.

It's okay, I twisted my torso some ridiculous angle and it's clicked several times, feels a bit better now :o

Caporegime
OP
I've got an hourly alarm to get up and do a few stretches, grab a drink etc etc. I'm at my desk virtually all day and it seems to help a lot.

Not a bad idea. I tend to refill my water generally each hour which is down some stairs and take five minutes 'break'.

What sort of stretches are you doing? Or are you talking specific ones for you ATP?

Soldato
As a side point guys, things like sending emails to check small things, I've always found just getting up and asking working better as it allows you to get up and stretch a bit, rather than lazily sending an email that requires a two line response..

kd

Caporegime
OP
Makes sense.

Sadly in this place (a school) everything needs to be in email format otherwise you get done over :p

I tend to have to walk over to class rooms anyway most of the day, just sometimes less than others (like if I'm doing website work)

Caporegime
OP
You go for number 2's every hour?!:eek: that's one active bowel dude :p

As KD said, I pee quite often with the amount of water I drink anyway...that and one tends to want to slip out just for the hell of it :o

Too much info? ;)

Monday 3rd December: Legs
  • Mobility:
  • Squats: WU:- 10xBar, 6x40kg, 2x60kg, 2x80kg.
  • Squats: WS:- 3x8x95kg - Dropset: 12x60kg
  • RDL: 3x8x75kg
  • Leg extension: 20kgx20, 40kgx20, 60kgx20, 40kgx25, 20kgx40.
  • Single leg calve raises: 17.5kg: 25, 25 (right leg 17+8), 20. - Plus 50@bw

Decent session. Squats were good, although some reps probably slightly not deep enough, hence the dropset where I concentrated on getting deep.
My lower back felt a little odd on the RDL's, think it was a case of just not keeping tight enough on some reps.
Leg extensions put in purely to demolish my legs.
Calves raises confused me, my right leg hit cramp status so much quicker than the left.

Needless to say, walking was amusing afterwards.

Caporegime
OP
Felt like a right mortal today.

Tuesday 4th December: Chest and tri's
  • Mobility
  • DB bench: WU: 10x10's, 6x15's, 5x20's. -WS: 25's= 10, 10, 9 (arrrrgh, nearly failed 9)
  • Incline BB bench: 3/4sec negs: 45kgx8, 42.5kgx10, 40kgx10. Rep ten on the final set was laughable, basically dragged it up the catchers.
  • DB flyes: 3x12x7.5's (need some form help with these again)
  • Dips: +5kgx8 - BAHAA! +2.5kgx10 - Pathetic, not even dipping properly now. BWx7 - Give up, just isn't working, they're more like tricep-dip-twitches
  • French press (standing: 12.5kgx14, 15kgx10, x12. 12.5kgx12, 10kgx16. - Triceps felt naff here.
  • Some weird ladder tricep press thing: Floorx0 :)p) 1st catchx8, 2nd catchx12, 3rd catchx14 - Triceps friend beyond belief now.

Triceps seriously naff this week, might just be due to the extra work on the DB bench and slow negatives on the incline...Still terrible though.

Think I need to work on the depth on my DB bench, need to sort my shoulders first though mobility wise.

In my head, it felt like a pants session, just felt weak. In reality, it wasn't bad at all minus the triceps work, DB bench is a PB, slow negatives on the incline felt awesome and the flyes just felt good due to the change, not sure if my shoulder likes them much so I need to look up some form advice there.

Going to ache tomorrow! :D

Caporegime
OP
Delvis what's your standard barbell Bench? Thought your db press would be higher...

Take that either as a good or bad thing :p

Good job pushing through a hard session though!

kd

Barbell? God knows, max is 65 I think? I can't do it at the moment, it makes my shoulder fall off.

My DB bench is terrible in comparison to other lifts and in general, no doubt a by product of being a sissy and still nursing shoulder health, it's coming along though, it's the setup I struggle with. :)

Thanks though, been feeling sick most of this evening for whatever reason, but hey ho :p

Back
Top Bottom