Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
I do dislocations, also do some external work (I think), as well as some other stretching with the band, seems to be helping, I just don't want to touch flat BB at the moment, nout wrong with that really :)

Have posted in the mob thread, just waiting for ice or someone to catch it.

I do need to play with grip width on the incline, just not sure where to go with it, my small fingers already on the line? And I pin my shoulder blades back also.

Caporegime
OP
Any more thoughts on coming to DW again over crimbo? Maybe get you benching again :)

Would like to mate. Need to find out the opening hours of DW really over XMas.

We break up on the 20th December and don't go back till the 7th...So need to play it around that as the 12 days at Dw need to be consecutive I think.

Soldato
if you were to start the day after boxing day, i think then they are pretty much back to normal hours, new years eve i think it closes at 8 and new years day i believe they are on bank holiday hours but may close at 6 :)

i will try and get more detail on their opening hours over the break period for you

Caporegime
OP
Thursday 6th December: Shoulders and core
  • Mobility
  • BB OHP: 10xbar, 6x30kg. WS: 35kg:-8, 8, 6 (HAH)
  • -Dropset: 30kgx4(!) + 2 (!!!!) - Hilarious!
  • DB shoulder press: 12.5's:- 9, 11, 10
  • Front and side raises @ 7.5's: 3x10
  • DB face pull: 3x10x20's - Meh, back felt this one
  • Body saw: 3x14 reps (forward back)
  • Pallof press with band: 3x14. PPres and BSaw supersetted.

Not a bad session really when I look at it, the OHP was depressing, I seem to arch way too much, I don't know if I'm compensating for lack of mobility in my shoulders though? It also looked like that old man who does bench lop sided.

Caporegime
OP
Friday 7th December: Back
  • Mobility
  • Deads: WU:- 10x60kg, 4x80kg, 2x100kg, 1x110kg.
  • WS:- 4x3x130kg (YEAAH BABY! :D)
  • BOR's: 3x12x55kg
  • Reverse grip BOR's: 3x12x55kg
  • SAR: 32.5kg:- 10, 12, 10.

Really concentrated on pulling from the elbows on the rows, seemed to help, so thanks UE.

Deadlifts were goooood video at the end of the post, ended up doing 4 sets, 130kg felt like death though, need to get tighter.

Tried some dips tonight to see how terribly non-deep I go, turns out it's pathetic, so worked on that randomly for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wOB87yDJnc&feature=player_embedded

I do have the full 4 sets, but my movie maker doesn't like mp4's apparently.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Great work bud! Stronger by the day :)

At some point it would be awesome to see you generate more speed, but as you're back is a little bit tender (or was recently) I think you should keep doing what you're doing.

Caporegime
Friday 7th December: Back
  • Mobility
  • Deads: WU:- 10xbar, 4x80kg, 2x100kg, 1x110kg.
  • WS:- 4x3x130kg (YEAAH BABY! :D)
  • BOR's: 3x12x55kg
  • Reverse grip BOR's: 3x12x55kg
  • SAR: 32.5kg:- 10, 12, 10.

Really concentrated on pulling from the elbows on the rows, seemed to help, so thanks UE.

Deadlifts were goooood video at the end of the post, ended up doing 4 sets, 130kg felt like death though, need to get tighter.

Tried some dips tonight to see how terribly non-deep I go, turns out it's pathetic, so worked on that randomly for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wOB87yDJnc&feature=player_embedded

I do have the full 4 sets, but my movie maker doesn't like mp4's apparently.

Well wasn't that easy :)
You've got 140 without much trouble tbh

Caporegime
OP
Great work bud! Stronger by the day :)

At some point it would be awesome to see you generate more speed, but as you're back is a little bit tender (or was recently) I think you should keep doing what you're doing.

Indeed. Its something i lack.

Plan is to do what you said the other week for the time being. What sort of thing do you do for speeding things up then?

Thanks Morbs! :) We shall see buddy

Associate
BOOM! Yeah buddy!

Nice work man, that looked easy. The problems in that video just appear to be a practice and familiarity thing so just keep going with the progression and you are golden :).

Man of Honour
What I will advise will depend on how you're moving after you've continued with your new plan, and also whether I see you next week or not! I reckon I can make you speedy in a day if you come down, but I wouldn't want you to change much on your own because a) it might go wrong! and b) you're doing well doing what you're doing for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom