Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
What are your current macro's and calorie intake?

Trade secret ;)

Joking aside, cals are around 1800/2000 pre-dinner. Looking at the sheet again, I think carbs can go up nicely again I'm just trying not to gain weight too quickly.

looking lean mate well done

Thanks mate :)

Need to get my proportions all correct then I'll start to look like I lift for once!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looking good Delvis, chest is coming up nicely and your midsection is tightening up very nicely

One thing I will say, is don't do as many sets on squats for your warm up

For example, if your working set is 100, trying starting at 60kg, go up to 80kg and gauge how you're feeling. If 80kg feels heavy, do a 90kg, but if 80kg feels comfortable just go straight on to your working sets of 100. You'll probably find doing that enables you to put more weight on for a bigger working set too. Your legs must be fried after all those sets to then try and do a decent working set

Caporegime
OP
Looking good Delvis, chest is coming up nicely and your midsection is tightening up very nicely

One thing I will say, is don't do as many sets on squats for your warm up

For example, if your working set is 100, trying starting at 60kg, go up to 80kg and gauge how you're feeling. If 80kg feels heavy, do a 90kg, but if 80kg feels comfortable just go straight on to your working sets of 100. You'll probably find doing that enables you to put more weight on for a bigger working set too. Your legs must be fried after all those sets to then try and do a decent working set

Thank you for the input :) Last time I asked something like that I just got flamed, so kind of haven't bothered...I need to do a similar thing for Deads as well so if you can help there I'd appreciated it mate. Will try it next week on squats so thanks.

My chest is coming along slowly :) Glad it's noticeable, it needs some more filling, not sure where to hit it in that respect though, or shall I continue with flat and incline? Or throw some decline in for a bit? The bottom of my chest is non existent.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things are moving, my arms need work as do my shoulders but I'm intending to smash my shoulders from now on if they allow it. I just need to not cave in and gorge myself in to oblivion :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
With deads, a similar process. For me my working set is around 140+, but it all depends on how strong I'm feeling that day, so I'll start off with 100, go to 120 then if that feels comfortable, I'll go straight to my working sets of 140 and then up from there. But if 120 is a little bit difficult, or I know I'm going to struggle, I'll maybe throw in a 130 just to test the water a bit more.

Caporegime
OP
With deads, a similar process. For me my working set is around 140+, but it all depends on how strong I'm feeling that day, so I'll start off with 100, go to 120 then if that feels comfortable, I'll go straight to my working sets of 140 and then up from there. But if 120 is a little bit difficult, or I know I'm going to struggle, I'll maybe throw in a 130 just to test the water a bit more.

My deads went like this last week:
Deads: WU:- 10x60kg, 4x80kg, 2x100kg, 1x110kg.
WS:- 4x3x130kg

I like starting off at 60kg it serves as a nice warm up...it also eases my back in some what.

Associate
Steedie that sounds pretty good actually, that process of judging weight by feel is how I structure my working sets, I'll explain Saturday if anyone is interested ;).

Just for reference my warmups go like so:
- I always do the bar first just to help loosen up and work through
- 60kgx5-6 same as bar
- Bench goes to 70kg then 10kg increments until working sets. Reps going from 5-1 depending on how it feels
- Squat and dead goes to 100kg for a few reps, getting a little cns activation and some blood flow
- Deads to 140kgx1-2, then 160kg, then 180kg and so on. Single from 160kg onwards
- Squats 120kgx2-3, 130kgx1 140kgx1 and so on

Personally from my perspective having top sets at a higher % of my max I prefer having a few more sets with lower reps. That's just me, others may not like it :).

Caporegime
OP
That's a lot more sensible than your squatting, which is probably why your deads have progressed a lot better than your squats recently

True. Squats are coming along, I just seem to suck getting out the whole. That and I'm doing more reps on my squat :p haha

easeing in mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll bring the lube <3

Steedie that sounds pretty good actually, that process of judging weight by feel is how I structure my working sets, I'll explain Saturday if anyone is interested ;).

Just for reference my warmups go like so:
- I always do the bar first just to help loosen up and work through
- 60kgx5-6 same as bar
- Bench goes to 70kg then 10kg increments until working sets. Reps going from 5-1 depending on how it feels
- Squat and dead goes to 100kg for a few reps, getting a little cns activation and some blood flow
- Deads to 140kgx1-2, then 160kg, then 180kg and so on. Single from 160kg onwards
- Squats 120kgx2-3, 130kgx1 140kgx1 and so on

Personally from my perspective having top sets at a higher % of my max I prefer having a few more sets with lower reps. That's just me, others may not like it :).

Nice one. All helpful buddy and I appreciate the help. I'll be structuring my squats next week a bit better, and will have a play with chest tonight. Not sure whether to try BB bench or not, may leave it till the weekend.

Caporegime
OP
Tuesday 11th December: Chest
  • Mobility
  • DB Bench: 10x10's, 5x15's. WS: 25'sx10, 22.5's= 10, 11.
  • DB Bench dropset: 15's x 14 (3 sec negative)
  • Incline BB bench: 40kg: 10, 10, 12 (3 second negative)
  • Decline flyes: 7.5's=14, 10's=12, 12.
  • Dips: 7 (just lol) 5, 5, 6. (stuck to lower reps to get depth)
  • French press (standing): 15kgx10, 20kgx10, 12.
  • Tricep ladder thing: Floorx8, bar with weight x 9, 1st catch x 8, 2nd catch x 11, 3rd catch x 12. Dead.

Triceps are well and truly knackered, I am however, thinking of moving triceps to back day as I cant do dips properly...

Dropped the DB bench down to 22.5's to concentrate on getting proper rom, however they flew up compared to the 25's. I've also realised I'm recording my DB weight as is rather than including the bar, which wont be a lot, but it will make a difference.

Moved my grip in slightly on the incline bench, not sure if it helped or not....

Good session either way.

Caporegime
OP
Thursday 13th December: Back
  • Mobility
  • Deadlifts: WU: 10x60kg, 4x80kg, 1x110kg, 1x120kg
  • Deadlifts WS: 140kg: 3 reps attempted, no lockout on rep 2. 135kg: Failed first rep, 3, 3.
  • BORs @ 60kg: 12, 12, 12 - Concentrated on pinching and holding it at the top...I also thought this was 55kg until I counted the plates after :o
  • Reverse grip bors @50kg: 20, 20, 20. - Just went for speed, felt joocey
  • SAR @ 35kg: 10, 10, 10.
  • Curls for the girls (EZ): 3x10x25kg
  • Dips for the trips: 3x10xBW

Dips thrown in literally to work my triceps more and get some decent depth dips for once as I'm so fatigued on chest day they just suck.

YEAH BABY! 140kg deadlift, 2 (practically 3 ;)) reps, dropped it down to 135kg for the remainder as doing 140kg wasn't going to work. Really concentrated on keeping my core tight, the 140kg set was pretty terrible really, especially rep two, and most definitely 3, should have bailed it really.

Thing to note, my DOH is failing now really so having to use mixed, will continue to use DOH for everything else mind.

Damn happy.

I have sets two and three @ 135kg, but not bothering to upload them.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers mrthingy :) I didn't realise personally as I've not compared, but it's good to know. I'll upload the 135kg later for you to look at if you can?

Thanks Deception, yeah they seem to be going well, really pleased.

Soldato
nice work delvis, i havent seen the vid as am at work, but that is awesome work, really on my heels now! i have a feeling you will overtake me soon enough with deads

Caporegime
OP
nice work delvis, i havent seen the vid as am at work, but that is awesome work, really on my heels now! i have a feeling you will overtake me soon enough with deads

:D Don't think so matey, you're doing 130kg odd for 3x5 aren't you recently? Made it look easy as well you did!

Anyway, you'll get some secret tips this weekend from the two gurus ;)

Back
Top Bottom