Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Associate
That looks OK, the bar path wasn't as exaggerated as I was expecting. I think you could do with having the bar a little higher up your chest, the first rep of the side view was much too low down then the others were better but a little higher would be best.

Caporegime
OP
That looks OK, the bar path wasn't as exaggerated as I was expecting. I think you could do with having the bar a little higher up your chest, the first rep of the side view was much too low down then the others were better but a little higher would be best.

Cheers mate. Thinking about what you are saying though, if I have it higher up my chest, will my elbows not need to flare more? I believe (probably completely wrong) that having my elbows more tucked in more is helping with the pain issues I have had benching...? I'll see if someone can look at the weekend.

Strong camera angle

Er, which part? :p

January 10th - Back
  • Mobility
  • Deads: 60kgxsome, 4x80kg, 1x100kg, 1x120kg.
  • Deads WS: 135kg: 3 (first two doh), 3, 3. 130kg: 3.
  • BOR: 3x6x70kg. 2x10x60kg.
  • OHP: barx10. 5x5x32.5kg.
  • Arnold press: 15's+bar: 5x5.

I hate my work gym, I can't do deads how I want to in fear of peeing people off downstairs, and it's generally naff. I hope next week flys by then I can use my new gym.

Deadlifts felt okay, started to fatigue on the last 135kg set, upper back need less rounding.

Caporegime
OP
Squats tonight, need to really concentrate on being explosive at the bottom and kick that in the butt.

Still at the work gym till next week, so got to use the shoddy facilities there.

Caporegime
OP
:(

Monday 14th January: Legs
  • Mobility
  • Squats: somexbar, 10x60kg, 2x80kg, 5x100kg.
  • Squats WS: 5x5x65kg
  • Front Squats: 50kg: 5, 5, 5, (5, 5???) I SWEAR I did 5x5 on these, but I didn't write it down...so who knows.
  • RDL: 5x80kg, 5x85kg, 5x90kg, 5x95kg, 5x100kg.

Final rep of the 100kg squat was amusing, sat at the mid point on the way up for what felt like half an hour, almost gave up but persevered, no vid sadly.

RDL's I tried to be explosive and get the glutes involved, need to ask people whats best with these if following a strength routine. Grip started to go on the 100kg set as well on doh.

Wrist started playing up on the front squats as well, no idea why I didn't write down the other two sets, it was a blurr.

Will upload the vids of the squat for critique, need to be explosive out of the hole.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Wy the sad face, start training in the morning I will be there for deads on Friday :)

Was going to refer you :p Don't matter.

I'm wondering whether to bother with Thursday as they don't open until 5pm and it will be manic, then just start from Friday in the morning, as it will hopefully be quiet so may use it then, just need to get my times right for waking up.

Caporegime
OP
Tuesday 15th Jan: Chest
  • Mob
  • BB Bench: lots with bar, 5x40kg, 5x60kg.
  • BB Bench WS: 5x5x60kg
  • Incline DB bench: 5x5x20's+bar
  • Flyes: 10's+bar: 4x6

Pretty good session, almost didn't do the 60kg bench as my shoulder felt odd, but in the end it felt alrite. Incline DB bench was good, it's just getting in to position is awkward. Flyes went well, no real pain in my shoulders which was nice.

Decided to stop there as my elbows hurt for some bizarre reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom