Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
Delvis, to me it looks like your not always that tight on the bar. You really need to be ultra tight before initiating the movement, otherwise slack will be taken up in bad ways.

Righteo, need to work on that then, not sure where to start mind, I try and get tight, but I give way in certain areas as you can see. :(

Caporegime
OP
Hmm okay, but then people say keep my butt down? Or is that different?

I think I just need to REALLY concentrate on keeping tight, I'm going to drop the weight next week anyway to 110 or something, so we'll see what happens there.

Man of Honour
Hmmm yeah...

There is no reason for you to be dropping the weight like that at this stage. You're still training for hypertrophy and a controlled negative will add to this. From the top of the rep, RDL the weight until hamstring limit and then bring your knees forward.

You are losing some back tension and spine neutrality. This is probably because you're now training heavier than you have done, but I'm convinced you could be stricter. More bracing, more lat tension, more core work as necessary.

You're possibly coming up for another deload. This isn't a big deal, just part of the process :)

Caporegime
OP
What i find, is if i do it strictly my lower back hurts and i end up rolling the bar down and over my knees. Im also kinda doing strength for a bit...

The bracing and keeping everything tight is something i struggle with. Should i possibly knock back too 100kg ish and work up but try keeping tighter?

Man of Honour
No need to go all the way back down to 100kg, 120kg would be plenty.

Try and do the negative like I said and film it. Keep your knees back until the bar is on your shins.

Caporegime
OP
Well originally i was going to almost max out and 3 reps, then drop the weight and go to 5's? But as my negative is terrible i wasnt sure if i should do that just yet and stick to 3 reps

Caporegime
OP
Mr.Ice, I am going to do 5 reps this Friday unless stated otherwise :) Obviously I'll see how it all feels with the negative, if it hurts I'll just play around a bit. Tried it with the RDL's today and it seemed okay.

Monday 21st January: Legs
  • Mobility: disloactions, good mornings, RDL's, squats etc with the bar
  • Squats: 6x60kg, 2x80kg, 3x3x100kg. 5x5x65kg.
  • RDL: 5x70kg, 5x80kg, 5x90kg, 5x100kg, 5x90kg. Needs straps on the later sets, grips dying.
  • Reverse lunges: 3x5x16's (each hand)
  • Goblet squat: 28kg: 3x8
  • Calf press: 32kgx10, 52kgx20, 18. 45kgx15.

Pretty pleased with the 100kg sets, depth was a bit off on some of the reps, but overall better than previous attempts. I think I do need to move the heavy sets to later in the week or something, just not sure how time constraints are going to play on that.

Weirdly, my elbows hurt during the squats, guessing there is some lack of mobility there, need to hammer it. Pain eased up after the RDL's.

Also:
20130121_134006.jpg

Warning: Potato camera

Bliss! :D Empty today for a fair decent period. Also had one of the PT's (or at least someone from the gym) doing some turkish get ups with the mini bar, pretty cooool.

Caporegime
OP
Tuesday 22nd January: Chest hnnnnnnnng
  • Mobility: doslocations, other stuff with band, ytwl's or whatever they are :o
  • BB Bench: Barx10, 5x30kg, 3x40kg, 5x62.5kg (heavy this week. 4x5x60kg (final rep I think the spotter touched.
  • Incline DB bench (1 notch): 4x5x20's
  • Cable fly: 5x5x18kg per hand.
  • Dips @ BW: 6, 6, 6.
  • Cable pushdowns( 10x18kg, 3x10x23kg, 14x14kg.

CHEST PUMP HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The 62.5kg bench was weird this week, so decided to drop to 60kg which was enough of a struggle. Tried the 22's on incline press as well but decided to drop, in hindsight the pressing would have been fine really.

Cable fly was good, started getting slower after the third set but DAYUM I love cables. Good chest pump, good tri-pump. Couldn't shower properly :o

YEAH!

Caporegime
OP
Thursday 24th January: Shoulders and core
  • Mobility stuff, primarily shoulders
  • OHP: barx10, 6x25kg, 37.5kgx5, 5, 5, 4 (failed rep 5) 35kg: 4 + 1 pushpress
  • Arnold press: 5x5x16's
Cable front raise supersetted with cable side raise:
  • Front raise: 3x12x4.5kg
  • Side raise: 3x9x4.5kg
  • Cable rear delt fly: 3x12x4.5kg
Planks supersetted with Pallof press
  • Plank: 3x30s
  • Pallof press: 3x10x14kg

Bicep monkey out in full force today apparently. Right shoulders still a bit dodgey, seems to click when doing the front raises. Just missed the 5th rep on the OHP, so not too miffed, should hopefully get it next week.

Caporegime
OP
Friday 25th January: Back
  • Mobility: RDL's and stuff
  • Deads: 70xmany, 90kgx6, 100x3. WS: 3x5x120kg
  • BOR: 5x6x60kg - dropped the weight down this week to concentrate on not throwing my body around
  • Neutral chins: 5, 4 (nearly locked 5th rep
  • Chins: 4.
  • Lat pull down: 39kgx5. 5x5x52kg
  • Seated row: 52kg: 5, 5, 5. 45kg: 5, 5. (short rests as low on time)

Neutral chins done on a different station this week, seemed harder, possibly a wider grip.

Deadlifts I tried to concentrate on keeping a lot tighter, video of sets 2 and 3 is below, also tried to not slam the weight down so much although I might be going too slow now and aggravating my back, will find out tomorrow.

EDIT: it was noted I was hyper extending on the first set, so tried not to do it as much. Saying that, I can definitely feel something in my lower back at the top of the rep, no idea why though.

Back
Top Bottom