Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
Thursday 7th February: Shoulders and Core
  • Mobility: oh look, my elbow hurts already (dislocations? =/)
  • OHP: 10xbar, 5x30kg. 5x5x37.5kg (YES!)
  • Alternate DB Push Press: 18'sx4, 16's: 4x5.
Front and side raises supersetted
  • Cable front raise: 3x12x6.8kg
  • Cable side raise: 6.8kg: 8, 8, 6+2. (form is weird here, need to work on it)
  • Cable rear delt flye: 3x10x6.8kg
  • Pallof press: 14kg: 3x8
  • TRX roll-out: 9 (lol bail on 10), 10, 10.

YEAH BABY! Normally failed on the 4th set of OHP, so chuffed I finished the all of the sets, final rep was a right grind. DB push press kill me, pathetic weight but it'll get worked on.

Elbow still giving me some grief, I wonder if it's the dislocations causing it, so I must be doing them like a right oddjob or something.

Form isn't amazing on the OHP, but people asked for a video so I did it. Form starts off 'okay', then just gets worse :o

Last edited:
Soldato
I just failed the 4th set for the last two weeks, then I'd drop to 35kg. It was weird...then this week I've done the fourth set AND the 5th? Work that one out strength God!

When I did 30, I managed 5/5/5/4/5 twice in a row. Third attempt and I hit 5/5/5/5/5. Never bother dropping the weight xD

I dont know why, but it looks like you're trying to push it behind you instead of straight up.

Might be something to do with him trying to get his head underneath it once it's cleared his head, but hard to say.

kd

Caporegime
OP
When I did 30, I managed 5/5/5/4/5 twice in a row. Third attempt and I hit 5/5/5/5/5. Never bother dropping the weight xD

Might be something to do with him trying to get his head underneath it once it's cleared his head, but hard to say.

kd

I'd rather get a full set, and doing the same weight again after failing it wouldn't happen.

Probably, I've always been told to get your head under the bar. In fact, if this doesn't happen, or the weight stays forward, it just doesn't shift.

Soldato
I think its because even though your head is back, you act like it is in the way and go around it. The move the sets go on, the better the movement gets (watched it back a few times trying to figure it out).

Good job though, coming along nicely.

I've got OHP tomorrow, so I will try and get a vid as it might just be my eyes! My heavy set doesn't really show much.

Soldato
Hm, so it gets better as I fatigue more? =/ How odd

Could just be me. Set 1, rep 4 shows what I as looking at. could have just been a one off, like you lost tension somewhere. You putting your chest up and using stiffening up your upper back (mostly lats)? I find that gives me a really nice shelf to push from when I bring the back down.

Although Im pretty weak now because of having time off :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I kinda noticed this on monkee's as well, am I the only one that brings the bar down to touch the too of my chest between reps?

Caporegime
OP
I bring it down so its full ROM of my shoulders, otherwise your just compensating movement somewhere I'd have thought ie shoulders rolling in some odd position?

I try not to let my wrists bend either way as they're pretty naff as it is pain wise.

Caporegime
OP
Friday 8th February: Back
  • Mobility-leg stretching mainly
  • Deads: barxsome, 70kgx7, 90kgx3, 110kgx3.
  • Deads WS: 3x5x125kg
  • BOR (strapped): 5x5x70kg
  • Pull ups (assisted) @ 27kg: 5, 5. @23kg: 5 (not quite ready for this)
  • Lat-pull down: 5x5x54.5kg (short rests)
  • Seated cable row: 5x5x52kg, dropset: 20x32kg.

First set of deads felt good, the next two didn't feel great, my tightness went completely, I leaned too far forward as a result, just meh basically.

BORs might need to be dropped, I'll keep plugging at them though. Pull ups are coming along, one notch down from last week so it's improving, can't wait to do BW.

Biceps were pumped which was amusing. Left bicep also giving me a bit of grief, hence the different mixed grip on deadlifts...

Caporegime
OP
Looking at the video again, the first and third sets are the best, the second set is comparatively naff.

In other news, just over 84kg this morning...I was about 79kg in October/November last year, so may dial it down a touch.

Caporegime
OP
Still a fatty.

Monday 11th February: Legs
  • Mobility
  • Squats: 10x40kg, 5x60kg, 80kg: 4 or 5, failed.
  • Squats: WS: 5x5x60kg (possibly an extra set as well)
  • RDL: 5x5x50kg.
  • Some further mobility

Well, today was terrible, something wasn't right as soon as I walked in to the gym, coupled with the failed 80kg set (???) I just felt gassed. Been feeling naff all of last week and generally bloated.

Being bloated and suddenly being 84kg as played havoc on my mind as well, just need to slap myself and get a grip.

Going to spend this week as a deload and sort my shizzle out, not really feeling much at the moment for whatever reason. I'll try and get a proper plan together for the next month and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom