Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Soldato
Yes there is. Sets of 3s and 1s, and more of them - that's what's needed for strength and progress, not completing 5 easy reps.

Agreed. I know Delvis has been injured, this isn't aimed at him, more just a general statement in Delvis's log :p

I don't think I've ever done a set higher than 5 reps with a decent weight. I warm up light with probably about half working weight for 6-10 reps, then pyramid up to working weight with tripples, doubles and singles as heavy as I can with good form.

Nice form though Delvis *thumbsup*

Caporegime
OP
Why do you do deads so close to the wall and with that bag in front of you. Give yourself some space :p

Just how it turned out, can't really do it in the middle of the floor as that's a walk way to the squat racks behind me, rather not have people knock me personally.

The bag was there purely because I placed it there, there was enough room to squat down and do a turd. :p

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
BECAUSE THE WALL WONT JUDGE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I don't use mirrors, I'm scared to see my *** face.

Wat.

Gonna suggest Stronglifts for the umpteenth time.

I was testing the waters in the January quote, not hard to grasp if you read previous logs. Along with that, I asked for advice months ago and didn't get anything, so ended up doing 5x5 on the main lifts.

Todays session is a deload hence the lower wait.

I'm going to do a couple of cycles of 5/3/1 and see how that goes.

Yes I'm aware Monkee hates me right now <3

Soldato
I was testing the waters in the January quote, not hard to grasp if you read previous logs. Along with that, I asked for advice months ago and didn't get anything, so ended up doing 5x5 on the main lifts.

So your water test allowed you to move 2200kgs of RDL, so you aim your working set to a 1250kg total? I don't wanna be a dick but surely you can see something amiss here.

Todays session is a deload hence the lower wait.

Ah yes I see a deload, that's why you went to failure on your squat warmups.

I'm going to do a couple of cycles of 5/3/1 and see how that goes.

Yes I'm aware Monkee hates me right now <3

Caporegime
OP

don't really understand your last reply, I'm due a deload, so I'm having a deload. I was going to do the deload next week but I've shifted it to this week.

What? If you read my log from last week, I did 5x5x80kg on RDL's, so I dropped them to 50kg this week.

EDIT: in fact, what the hell? Aim my working set at 1250kg? No, I aimed my deload working set at 1250kg, my working set last week was 2000kg shifted.

Soldato
Why did you do 5x5x80kg last week when you did RDL: 70kgx5, 80kgx5, 90kgx5, 100kg: 5, 5 (100kg is strapped) 2 weeks ago?

Deload or not Chris' point stands in that your weight has gone down compared to what you did previously for seemingly no reason.

Caporegime
OP
Why did you do 5x5x80kg last week when you did RDL: 70kgx5, 80kgx5, 90kgx5, 100kg: 5, 5 (100kg is strapped) 2 weeks ago?

Deload or not Chris' point stands in that your weight has gone down compared to what you did previously for seemingly no reason.

Because I wanted to follow the 5x5 pattern and I wasn't sure on what I could shift for 5x5 on RDL's.

Soldato
He's on a Deload this week, chill guys all will be fine! Overdue in my opinion from the way you were squatting and deadlifting last week.

Still made good progress over the last 6 months if you don't look at things week on week, but overall :)

Form has seen some big improvements and speed on squats and DL's is improving, I think these points are being missed. Good my progress in the last 6 months has been a bit dismal if you look at my log figures, but my flexibility. And power/speed have defiantly improved.

(if you don't make progress on 5/3/1 I am gonna rape you with strong lifts dude /srs)

Caporegime
OP
I was coming up to a deload yes. I never plan deloads anyway, the only times I have deloads are for my weeks holiday in the summer and Christmas.

My body feels jaffed, my back was knackered last week and still is, ive had a dodgey bicep for the last week or two and I took the decision to take it easy this week.

Permabanned
delvis dont deload, deloads are for ppl hammering their CNS at or above 90% 1rm with heavy ass triples and chain/band work, overloads that sort of stuff. Deloads have no place in your routine, working harder is what needs to happen, not cutting back all your lifts every time you get a little ache or pain. For christ sake im always in some degree of pain, walking hurts, lifting a mug hurts, everything hurts, you hurt because you work out, pain does not mean something is wrong, you are too sensitive to the mollycoddling attitude on this board and your lifts are suffering for it.

Trust me.

Caporegime
OP
I'm aware of what lifting doms are and general lifting pains.

Having a painful bicep insertion for two weeks and a painful back for a year is not standard doms.

For what it's worth, even though I can foresee you just smirking or laughing at it, I've even been brought in to my GP's because I was a 'frequent flier', I've had joint issues for as long as I can remember or some other internal issue going on (meckels diverticulum, excessive dry eyes along with collapsing and losing pints of blood at a time from every orifice known to man), I don't make this crap up.

I'm doing a deload (or at least lesser weights) along with further mobility, there is no point going in to a new program with excessive issues which are only going to hamper progress in the program. You do also realise that everyones CNS is different right? Do you even known what 90% of my 1RM is? I've been squatting close to my RM for ages, I've been benching near my 1RM for ages as well as deadlifting near my 1RM for ages.

I like your brutal honesty and I really do take your opinions on board along with everyone elses, I'm intending to start this strength program (against some peoples thoughts/opinions) with the intention to get my strength up for once.

Caporegime
OP
Tuesday 12th February: Chest deload
  • Mobility work
  • BB Bench: Bar x lots, 30kg x 10, 40kg x 4. 1x60kg, 1x65kg, 1x67.5kg*
  • BB Bench: WS: 5x5x50kg - all done with a pause
  • Incline DB Bench (low): 18's: 5x5
  • Dips @ BW: 5, 5, 6.
  • Cable flye (from bottom): 9kg per hand: 10, 10, 10.
  • Cable pull down: 14kg: 20, 14.

*PB on the bench, went up surprisingly easy, decided to see if the current PB was too low for the first cycle next week, turns out it was.

DIPs i'm pleased about, coming along nicely now. The 50kg set felt comfortable as well, shoulder feels generally good during and after the set, so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom