Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Thursday 14th February: Back - Deload
  • Mobility, some shoulder and leg stuff, RDL's with the bar
  • Deads: 8x70kg, 3x80kg, 3x5x90kg - Vid to follow
  • BOR (strapped): 5x5x40kg
  • Pull ups (assisted @ 27kg): 3x5
  • Lat pull down: 5x5x41.3kg
  • Seated cable row: 5x5x39kg

Nice and simple, deadlifts felt good, forgot a couple of drills so tightness went on some reps, ah well.

EDIT: video from deadlifts today

Last edited:
Pic update: 14th February 2013: 84kg

Feb-2013-6_zpsa116b889.jpg

Feb-2013-1_zps2ae3b8c7.jpg

Terrible pics, never mind.

Last edited:
Delvis: you look smaller than I did at 82kg. :eek:

Apologies if it looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but if you got in and hit your training hard, ate hard and slept like a benefit scrounger, I'm sure you'd be pretty happy with your size after a good 6-12 months. :cool:

Djeez Delvis it's a progress pic not a police line up. Flex some muscle, make yourself look big and take a snap.

Was just a quick snap for comparisons sake and for me to look at without my mind saying I'm a fat git. :p

Delvis: you look smaller than I did at 82kg. :eek:

Apologies if it looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but if you got in and hit your training hard, ate hard and slept like a benefit scrounger, I'm sure you'd be pretty happy with your size after a good 6-12 months. :cool:

Erm, thanks :p I think. I look better than I do this time last year, which was my aim so I'm happy. I've never had a lot of muscle mass and struggled to put some on initially due to not eating enough and being a plank. There are pics in the OP from 2009 when I was probably my skinniest.

Last edited:
Erm, thanks :p I think. I look better than I do this time last year, which was my aim so I'm happy. I've never had a lot of muscle mass and struggled to put some on initially due to not eating enough and being a plank. There are pics in the OP from 2009 when I was probably my skinniest.

It was partly meant as a compliment, but also a rallying call: You've achieved a fair bit this year, and I know exactly what it's like to spend sessions just onf form corrections (most of the end of last year was spent doing that with front squats and cleans, snatches, etc.). It sucks, but it will definitely help you in the long term.

From your current size/lean-ness, you could do very well for yourself, indeed! :)

Need more back work, and smash in some arms as well :p.

Nice speed on the deads ;)

What would you do exactly? :)

It was partly meant as a compliment, but also a rallying call: You've achieved a fair bit this year, and I know exactly what it's like to spend sessions just onf form corrections (most of the end of last year was spent doing that with front squats and cleans, snatches, etc.). It sucks, but it will definitely help you in the long term.

From your current size/lean-ness, you could do very well for yourself, indeed! :)

Cheers mate :) May adjust my diet again (food wise I mean) and go from there

Arm training? Da hell is this? You do one pump session and you train arms all of a sudden? :p :D

I changed chins for pull ups, may add in chins again actually.

Cheers though KD, onwards and upwards as they say.

I do BORs and pull ups already, so add in chins and other row types? Need to get up at 5am now or something....:p I don't do face pulls so will look them up, going to be lots of super setting going on here :/

I will try to add in bicep work *shudders*

X

I've only ever done body splits :( Currently four days with legs/chest/shoulders/back.

Time constraints will be the main issue, get up at 5:30 as it is for the gym :p Would you advise doing the same exercises on this second day or do a different movement altogether?

List of my fav back exercises:
Machine row
db row
cable row
pullups
face pulls, with various heights (forehead, chin, chest), pull the rope attachment apart as well <--|--> that way
BORs
Reverse Flies

Do them all ;). Manipulate volume and intensity. Some of the bigger movements can have lower reps and heavier and the opposite for the small isolation ones.

Geet yo back hench bro!

Monday 18th February: Legs - W1C1
  • Mobility - Some squats with the bar, some good mornings
  • Squats: 3x5: Set1=62.5kgx5, Set2=70kgx5, Set3=80kgx10
  • Speed squats: 3x10x40kg
  • BSS: 3x10x12's (per hand)
  • RDL's: 3x10x70kg
  • Curls+throws (:p): 12kgx10, 14kgx10, 16kgx10, 14kgx10, 12kgx10.
  • EZ Bar Preacher curl: 3x12xbar+10kg

Curls ended up being thrown up.

Squats felt good, nice depth, depth on the 80kg set started to suffer, but better than previous attempts.

BSS murdered me, balance is terrible, although my right leg is now worse? Needs work, also need to work on keeping upright, I think I need to start doing some warrior lunge stretches to loosen the front of my leg, can't think of the name right now.

Working set for squats:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom