Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Fair play to grinding them out even when things start to go to pot. Remember to keep 1 rep in the tank, I would have stopped on the after the 8th rep personally. When you start to loose tightness and your fatigued it's not the best idea to keep going.

Fair play to grinding them out even when things start to go to pot. Remember to keep 1 rep in the tank, I would have stopped on the after the 8th rep personally. When you start to loose tightness and your fatigued it's not the best idea to keep going.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Will bear that in mind, although there seems to be some conflicting views on this (at least on the forum) whether to go to failure or not. I tend to try and hit the 'required' rep range, or at least what is recommended, then go from there.

The problem with squats is sometimes my initial setup on each rep can be worse than the last (bracing etc), meaning the next one might be worse or better :p Certainly will keep it in mind though.

It looks like your adductors are a little tight from the fact that you are struggling to keep your knees out as you go down. Would you agree with this?

It looks like your adductors are a little tight from the fact that you are struggling to keep your knees out as you go down. Would you agree with this?

Extremely tight :( Just feels like a solid wall at some depths

EDIT:

P.S: I've never been able to cross my legs, is this related? :p :D

The tightness feels like it's on the outside of my hip?

Using this pic as reference though:
0BK62fW.png
Physically it feels more like the Tensor area that is tight?

Last edited:
So from that it looks like your TFL is a little ropey. Lots of quad rolling and lying on the ball will help. Lie on the ball with it somewhere in the six inches below where the crest of your pelvis is at the top of your leg, spend some time there. Also trace the line of that crest (iliac crest) from the front to that back going around from the top of your quad to the top of your arse, anything vaguely in that area is worth giving a roll. I hope that makes sense :).

Think it does yes, if I'm understanding correctly it does feel like my TFL that is tight mainly, all I want to do is train God dammit! :p

Thanks matey, will spend some time tonight

This: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=23780550&postcount=588 ?

Yeah, still need to do this :( Time is against me at the moment.

• Wake up
  • Go to the gym
  • Go to work and sit down for 8 hours
  • Go home, cook dinner
  • Cook lunch for next day (sweet potato and the rice)
  • Sit down for a minute and actually rest
  • Go to bed

:p

Wake up a bit earlier and get in a stretch in before gym? ;) Only takes a few minutes to do. The wall one will do pretty much all of it for you. Failing that, get your stretch on while dinner cooks!

Last edited:
That's rubbish Delvis, I sometimes don't get home til 7pm and still have time to roll around on the floor after cooking food :p No idea why you don't cook lunch and dinner at the same time!

That's rubbish Delvis, I sometimes don't get home til 7pm and still have time to roll around on the floor after cooking food :p No idea why you don't cook lunch and dinner at the same time!

I do, sometimes however I don't have the room, I only have a small galley kitchen so space is tight.

For me personally, I don't have the time sometimes, and after being awake for 12 hours, I like to have a rest and actually spend time with my girlfriend.

Apologies if this does not fit your criteria :p

It might be TFL, but more likely some deep glute stuff (i.e. piriformis) and gay adductors that are causing you problems. TFL might just hurt.

Back
Top Bottom