Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Tuesday 26th February: Chest - W2 C2
  • Mobility, dislocations, benching with the bar, bench warmup @ 25kg and 30kg. YTWL's.
  • Bench press: 3x3+
-Set 1: 42.5kg = 3
-Set 2: 50kg = 3
-Set 3: 55kg = 10
  • Incline DB bench: 20's = 10, 10, 10. (!)
  • Dips +2.5kg: 3 x 8
  • Cable flyes @ 16.3kg per hand: 3 x 10 (!)
  • CGBP: 3 x 12 x 30kg
  • Tricep cable pull down: 23kg x 10 (too much front delt? =/) 18kg x 12, 12.
  • Barbell broceps: All at 10 reps = 10kg, 12.5kg, 15kg, 17.5kg, 20kg, 17.5kg, 15kg, 12.5kg, 10kg. Commence HNNNNG forearms

YEAH BABY! Really liking chest days at the moment, shoulder appears to be coping, just need to keep it in check.

Bench press, really pleased, 55kg set felt comfortable, even if the last rep or two was a slight grinder.

Incline DB bench was amazing, felt nice, 22's(or 22.5's can't remember) next week, it's going to hurrrrrrrrrrt.

Cable flyes for some reason work well today, really nice activation, and no real pain going on in the shoulder.

CGBP felt comfortable as well, no bad front delt activation, just need to carry on and up the weights as 30kg was pretty easy.

Cable pull down oddly enough was hurting my right shoulder / front delt, no idea if that is even possible, but I dropped the weight and it was fine after that.

OHP Thursday, can't wait :cool:

Really nice numbers on the + set.. Looks like you may of started too light :p

I never really had a proper 1RM grinder for bench or OHP, I left the starting 1RM on this cycle at the max I tested though, either way, it's giving me a decent workout as well as edging my shoulder in to it, bench was always going to be a slow one.

Squats on the other hand are murdering me, and that's not even set at my 1RM.

Delvis, just cook sweet potato at weekend and defrost it each night for the next day's lunch?

Problem solved?

Do this every two weeks. One major cooking spree every two weeks. That's about it. Rice is done the night before (which can be a pain I'll admit) if I'm busy the next day

kd

Delvis, just cook sweet potato at weekend and defrost it each night for the next day's lunch?

Problem solved?

Do this every two weeks. One major cooking spree every two weeks. That's about it. Rice is done the night before (which can be a pain I'll admit) if I'm busy the next day

kd

Hi KD

I'm going to start bulking the Sweet tat yes, I did the rest of this weeks last night and stuck it in the fridge and I'll see how it goes :)

Generally I defrost my chicken and cook it on Sundays, so i'll try and do the same with the sweet tat now as well.

Yeah. That's the way forward :p

Every two weeks I buy chicken and sweet potato for two weeks (covers dinners, but not lunch), and then just cook it in advance. My Freezer drawer (only get one at uni) is just full of peas, sweetcorn, chicken and sweet potato xD

Lunch I tend to cook as I have time to, but next year when I'm working I think I'll have to find something similar I can do :)

But yeah, you shouldn't have too many problems with it. I tend to buy fresh, cook, defrost, then heat. I found with the chicken if I didn't it just became as dry as sawdust... (even when cooking thighs)

kd

My chicken breast tends to keep from Sunday to Friday in the fridge (individual containers) and it's tastes fine for me, I'll see how the potato goes, shouldn't be a problem though.

So from that it looks like your TFL is a little ropey. Lots of quad rolling and lying on the ball will help. Lie on the ball with it somewhere in the six inches below where the crest of your pelvis is at the top of your leg, spend some time there. Also trace the line of that crest (iliac crest) from the front to that back going around from the top of your quad to the top of your arse, anything vaguely in that area is worth giving a roll. I hope that makes sense :).

I need a larger pain-ball :(

Thursday 28th February: Shoulders hnnnnnng
  • Mobility: YTWL's, random front/sides raises with 1.25kg, OHP bar x 10.
  • OHP 3x3+
-Set 1: 25kg = 3
-Set 2: 30kg = 3
-Set 3: 32.5kg = 11.
  • Alt. DB press: 3x10x14's
  • Seated DB press (S/S with below): 3x10x14's
  • Standing BB raise (S/S with above): 3x10x10kg
  • Cable side raise (S/S with below): 3x10x6.8kg
  • Face pull (S/S with above, kneeled, leaned back, top of rack): 36kgx10 (too light), 41kg x 10, 12.
  • Rear delt cable flyes: 9kg x 7 (too heavy), 6.8kg x 10, 9.
  • Land mines (bar+2.5kg): 10, 10, 10 + some more.

Pleased with the OHP, reps towards the end got a bit sketchy in reality. Alt. DB press I just can't keep my torso from toppling sideways? Meh. Seated press with front raises was smexy as hell.

Loved the face pulls, really loved the face pulls :cool:

Deads tomorrow, erf.

Friday 1st March: Back
  • Mobility: dislocations, some hip flossing, deads with the bar and RDL's.
  • Deadlifts: 3x3+
  1. Set 1: 87.5kg x 3.
  2. Set 2: 100kg x 3.
  3. Set 3: 112.5kg x 10.
  • Chins: 5, 4 and a bit, 5.
  • Pull up negatives - 2-4 secs: 5, 5, 5.
  • Assisted pull ups: @27kg: 4/5, @ 32kg: 5. - Stopped, low on time.
  • BORs (strapped): 3x10x55kg.

Deadlifts felt nice, the internet here is terrible today so I'll upload later. Looking at the vids, I still need to get tighter especially in the upper back, but the reps felt nice.

Stupidly, I did Chins after deads, need to move these to either AFTER pull ups or to the end of the workout.

Pull ups I'm really going to try and hit hard, I will smash the negatives, then eventually start off doing full reps until I can do 5/8 for 3 sets, grow me some wings for once.

Dropped the weight on the BOR's due to where they have been shifted on the workout, will progress from there. Felt good anyway.

woke up late today as well, so was pretty rushed annoyingly, never mind. Week 3 next week....Ouchy :D

After you've spent some time working on your pull ups it's definitely worth increasing your rowing (variations) volume. MASSIVE gains to be had. What are the options in your current gym?

Also, in for vid later.

After you've spent some time working on your pull ups it's definitely worth increasing your rowing (variations) volume. MASSIVE gains to be had. What are the options in your current gym?

Also, in for vid later.

As syla5 said its well equipped realled, cable stack and a couple of the corner based cable machines.

What you thinking then? I normally do BORs and machine cable rows. Single arm db rows I've not done or a while

Oh and obviously machine based stuff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom