Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Well, that took over an hour to upload:

Reasonably happy, felt comfortable. Main thing to take note of is back round after about rep five, third set, just need to keep tighter and remember to do so.

All kinds of cable row variations would be awesome, particularly low rows. If I had a good way of loading up one of those V handles I'd be all over that.

Deadlifts looking good! Aim to correct where your form wavers, but it wasn't all that bad.

Low rows? Examples? And V handles? Yes I'm tired :p

Thank you though, noticed my butt is rising, I seem to not be able to pull comfortably until my butt gets to a certain height, as can be seen on the third set....Should I just try and keep it lower and not worry majorly, it feels like some major weakness there, I just have no drive from that position.

I'm intending on adding at least one cable type of row, just ran out of time this week.

:D

Ah rite, they have a the seated row yes which I normally do, just basically keep it low as possible?

I'll try and decipher the last part of you're post in the morning...I presume you mean try and keep my butt down but not so far that it compromises my lifts? :p But the general pattern of how I'm doing it is okay? Still have a reasonably narrow stance.

Kind of :D

Row the handle low down your torso, which will happen if you keep your elbows pinned to your sides anyway. Do less rocking backwards and forwards than he does.

Kind of :D

Row the handle low down your torso, which will happen if you keep your elbows pinned to your sides anyway. Do less rocking backwards and forwards than he does.

Well duhhhhh, see what you mean now. Yeah I've never understood why they use their entire body to shift the stack, will get it. Although I think the V handle at our place is wider, more of a weird U thing with handles.

Anything else you can think of for the deads? To help with pulling from the bottom or are they okay for now? :-)

P.S: Some crazy sodding lat doms today, reminds me of the lat doms after my second meet...My GOD, pull ups hate me.

Last edited:
Plus sets for week 3:

Squat: 90kg
Bench: 57.5kg
OHP: 35kg
Deadlift: 120kg

Squats I'm dubious about, need to mobilise to buggery and smash them, will be 70x5, 80x3, then 90kg for the plus set.

Bench should be good, same with deads, ohp should theoretically be fine.

They look like they will be easy for you. You have nothing to worry about with the squat, just do as you have said and mobilise everything to make sure your positions are as strong as you can get them.

Its finding the correct way to attack my squat mobility I have trouble with, especially hitting my tfl and adductors for some reason. For example trying to get a ball in to my pelvis was quite difficult.

I should be fine, I'm just terrible with getting out of the hole still, I appear to have a major weakness there...although I think its just bad setup and positioning.

Anything else you can think of for the deads? To help with pulling from the bottom or are they okay for now? :-)
They look fine for now :)

For adductor soft tissue:
Ball/roller on table
**** leg up onto ball/roller - edit: lol that was c o c k. The alternative meaning isn't essential here
Pivot onto adductor
Pain

Thanks. A million times better than this time last year anyway ;)

Yeah I emulated something almost like that using a small stand thing I have for my sub, managed to hit my tfl quite nicely which was an odd feeling....it was extremely painful but so damn lovely at the same time I didn't know if I was crying because of pain or pure joy.

Monday 4th March: Legs - C1W3
  • Mobility: shoulders, good mornings, squats with bar, some work on adductors.
  • Squats: 1x5, 1x3, 1x1+
  1. Set 1: 70kg x 5
  2. Set 2: 80kg x 3
  3. Set 3: 90kg x 8
  • Squats Dropset: 3 x 10 x 40kg
  • BSS: 16kg per hand. 3 x 10.
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 80kg
  • Goblet squat with pulse: 3 x 10 x 10kg

EXTREMELY tight TFL area this morning, seemed to be okay in general as I hit it last night, but it's something to keep an eye on.

Happy with squats, felt better than last week so I need to keep mobilising my legs and hopefully things will improve.

Split squats were better this week balance wise, still terrible. Syla5 noted I seem to involve my leg that is up a bit, I think this is due to me trying to stop myself falling over. May try deficits on the next cycle, start light/@ BW and work up, should help me balance wise as well, or if anything do some at home somehow.

Vid uploading now:

i did?!? i just pointed out that you were doing the exercise with your right leg first, if your left leg is weaker this will make stablising on when you move to the left leg even harder. There will always be a degree of stablisation going on the the back leg thats not a bad thing, but if you work your weaker leg first you wont have to work as hard to stablise later in the set and you will get more benefit out of it overall, imo :)

Indeed, just means I need to switch my starting leg as you say as it's fatiguing and screwing up the other set :)

The problem is, not that I'm using it to stablise myself as it's going to happen regardless, but I'm using it too much, hence the fatiguing that you pointed out.

EDIT: I actually start with working my left leg first...So God knows whats going on :p :D

Last edited:
Damn good numbers for your 3rd week mate! If the whole week is like this, then it looks like the 1st cycle was a good one :D

Thanks mate :)

Everything else should be do-able...That's the plan anyway!

Not surprised your squats felt better, what's happened to your depth?!

Erm, are you meaning my depth is now better or worse? :p I'm hoping the former!

Last edited:
What do you think brah?

No idea mate, I need things in plain English :p

Looking at the pic though it could be deeper. The issue I get is if I go any deeper I get back rounding which is what I try and avoid.

It also feels like something is physically stopping me beyond that point without compromising something else, ie caving in of the legs, or rounding my lower back.

Back
Top Bottom