Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

That does seem a little odd Doovis, you seemed quite comfortable with 125 for 8 at the meet, considering that was 2 months ago I'd hope you'd be doing a little more, but at the very least the same weight

I was also doing drop negatives if you remember the noise. This is just how the program has planned out as per the spreadsheet, you can't start a program like this and go 'right I was doing 125kg for 8 reps so I'll make my plus set on Week 1 that', you'll just hit a wall instantly.

Nice deadlifts fella, they look fine on that 120kg set imo :)

Cheers morbs, I would personally just prefer to be tighter, I guess this will develop over time.

Sometimes you just have to follow the numbers. It does seem like madness, but thats the way some routines work out.

ortmeyer for overhead had me doing build up work for best part of 12 weeks just for a 10kg pb. Everything before week 8 was easily achievable, but that doesnt mean you just jump to week 9 and go from there :)

Also, that training day was like a comp for most people. You achieve more with your peers and the expectation of the day.
Going back to training on your own is not the same and you wont lift the same :p

You are one cheeky **** m8, I swear...

<3

Just trying to explain it :) x x x

Definitely.

What will your starting / finishing numbers be for the next cycle. :)

How are you getting on with this progression training?

If I follow straight on without doing a 1RM test:

Week 1: Plus set
-Squat: 85
-Bench: 55
-OHP: 32.5
-Deads: 112.5

Week 3: Plus set
-Squat: 95
-Bench: 60
-OHP: 37.5
-Deads: 125

I enjoy it currently :)

I think I've written that out correctly anyway.

Delvis your DL'ing is srsly top notch, it blows my mind that your squat doesn't translate. You have one of the 'hippiest' DL forms on the boards, there's a big 1RM in there somewhere if you ever MTFU and try it.

Delvis your DL'ing is srsly top notch, it blows my mind that your squat doesn't translate. You have one of the 'hippiest' DL forms on the boards, there's a big 1RM in there somewhere if you ever MTFU and try it.

Cheers man, means a lot :) I still want to improve it, but that's just me.

My squat is terrible, something stops me from driving up, no idea what, just feels like my hamstrings stop moving.

Mind you, if you look at my form last year, it was pretty smacked up :D

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure my 1RM is more than what it currently is, I just haven't tried for 1RM's lately.

FWIW, I could never pull 120kg for 10+ (never tried but dont think I could) and pulled 160kg for 1 (shortly after a squat 1RM in the same sesh). I'm also pretty confident I had another 5-10kg in me without the squat sesh beforehand.

I must be the only one seeing things from this perspective then, so I'mma duck out of this log from now on.

This is also how the calculations have worked out on the spreadsheet, so I'm following them.

Yeah the weights to aim for is fine, but only doing 8 when you've worked with 3x8 at 120kg or higher for so long, you should've been doing far more. But as I said, I'm clearly the only person that thinks this way, everyone else thinks you're doing an amazing job and don't seem to have an issue with anything what so ever so im out.

You know I like your opinions mate, so I'd rather you didn't not read my log on that basis =/

I'm just giving wendler a go at the end of the day, if it doesn't work after a few cycles then I'll do something else :)

<3

Just trying to explain it :) x x x

If I follow straight on without doing a 1RM test:

Week 1: Plus set
-Squat: 85
-Bench: 55
-OHP: 32.5
-Deads: 112.5

Week 3: Plus set
-Squat: 95
-Bench: 60
-OHP: 37.5
-Deads: 125

I enjoy it currently :)

I think I've written that out correctly anyway.

You've been too conservative with your numbers IMO.

With a 150 1RM on deads, you should be aiming a little higher. What have you put your 1rm for deads into the sheet?

With 150 as your 1RM, even 140, your week 3 should have been closer to 130. I just worry you're holding yourself back a little.

You know I like your opinions mate, so I'd rather you didn't not read my log on that basis =/

I'm just giving wendler a go at the end of the day, if it doesn't work after a few cycles then I'll do something else :)

You've got to try it for more than "a few cycles". Don't do the Delvis, and chop adn change all the time - focus and concentrate on something. Also you need to push yourself a little more on the big lifts.

Seems daft to artificially lower it.

120 for 8 = 149kg 1rm - and you had more reps in you - so you're selling yourself short in the program. The wendler sheet already knocks the weights down for you so no need to downgrade your 1rms.

Also - have you thought about doing one high volume drop set?

Back
Top Bottom