Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Got some TLC today, fuarrrrk, ripped in two.

Ice, the following is as if I was starting Cycle 2 Week 1 with the following RM for squat, with adjusted form:

3 x 5
105kg: 65, 75, 85
100kg: 62.5, 72.5, 80
95kg: 60, 67.5, 77.5

Let's go with 95kg. An extra ~5kg isn't going to give you many more gains in the last few weeks, and it's better to be getting those beuiriful deeper squats and learning how to work with them properly.

You need to be doing them deficit even if you use slightly less weight. That extra 4-6 inches makes all the difference, just ask any woman :p

It's the last few inches tht really make the difference to everything, I recon you will see huge improvements in balance doing them twice a week for a few weeks

Monday 11th March: Legs - C1W4 Deload
  • Mobility: shoulders, adductor work even though they're sore and anything, hamstrings.
  • Squats: 3 x 5
  1. 37.5 kg x 5
  2. 47.5kg x 5
  3. 57.5kg x 5
  4. Dropset: 40kg x 10
  • DBSS: 8kg per hand = 10, 10, 10.
  • RDL (strapless): 60kg = 10, 10, 10.
  • Gob squat with pulse: 8kg = 10, 10, 10.
  • Preacher curls with Syla5 resistance :mad: : Bar+10kg = 14, 14, 14.

Gym was really busy this morning, so had time to stretch my adducotrs nicely. Squatting with a new stance, hitting depth better, I'm more upright but it's what I have to work with and if it allows me to push further then I'm all ears. Video to follow.

Had some weird click/pop under my right knee cap while doing RDL's, no idea what it was.

Second set was your worst. You need to have some confidence and make sure you're bracing hard.

When we talked on Saturday I completely missed that you were doing your week 4 deload this week, which actually works out nicely.

Second set was your worst. You need to have some confidence and make sure you're bracing hard.

When we talked on Saturday I completely missed that you were doing your week 4 deload this week, which actually works out nicely.

Worst as in? General sloppyness?

Thought I mentioned it...But never mind :D

Just make sure you hit depth every rep. You need to be training the extra ROM your new squats give you, or you'll be crippled by the weight when it gets heavier.

Just make sure you hit depth every rep. You need to be training the extra ROM your new squats give you, or you'll be crippled by the weight when it gets heavier.

Shall do. I remember watching the second set back and noticing it was a bit too shy of parallel.

Next week will be interesting. As you say, hit depth, don't be scared of failing.

Tuesday 12th March: Chest - C1 W4 - Deload
  • Mobility: dislocations, shoulder raises etc, benching with bar.
  • Bench press: 3 x 5
-Set 1: 25kg x 5
-Set 2: 30kg x 5
-Set 3: 37.5kg x 5
  • Incline Bench: 3 x 10 x 18's
  • Dips + 5kg: 8, 8, 8.
  • Cable flyes: 14kg per hand: 10, 10 10.
  • CGBP + leg raises: 3 x 12 x 25kg / 3 x 10 leg raises.
  • Cable pull down (back against stack): 3 x 18 x 14kg.
  • Diverging Seated Row - Narrow: 3 x 10 x 32kg. Wide: 3 x 10 x 32kg.

Well, bench felt like nothing, deloads annoy me. The rows are something that are being added in to help strengthen my back, yes, on a separate day to back day.

Bring on next week is all I can say.

Back
Top Bottom