Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Friday 15th March - Cycle 1 Week 4 - Back Deload
  • Deadlifts: 3 x 5
  1. - 50kg x 5
  2. - 70kg x 5
  3. - 75kg x 5
  • Pull ups: 5, 5, 5. Negs @ 5 seconds: 5.
  • BOR: 3 x 10 x 45kg
  • Seated cable row: 3 x 10 x 32kg
  • SAR: 3 x 10 x 20kg
  • Dips and curls

Deadlifts felt nice and speedy. Really pleased with the pull ups, they aren't dead hang ones but I'm intending on working up to those. The BORs, cable rows and single arm rows all had a nice pause at the top for extra goodness.

Cycle 2 next week, be nice to shift something. Will post up the numbers and see what people think, minus the squats as thats been covered.

Dead hangs or nothing ;)

Really though I always got mocked by my mate for not doing them as I physically couldn't do one if I came down to a rest.

A year later and I reckon I could now out rep him :)

Gains from pull ups are amazing! Few people now have mentioned how big my back is looking.

Dead hangs or nothing ;)

Really though I always got mocked by my mate for not doing them as I physically couldn't do one if I came down to a rest.

A year later and I reckon I could now out rep him :)

Gains from pull ups are amazing! Few people now have mentioned how big my back is looking.

I'm working up to them :) Last week I only just managed 5 then 3, and prior to that I was farting around on an assistance thing. So I started doing negatives to slowly build up.

From next week I'll start with dead hangs and work up again. I'm hoping my wings will come out with these also

Skills is right. Its better to do them and have to reduce weights on later stuff than the other way round.

As long as you keep your abs on and your hips neutral then they won't bother your lower back.

Monday 18th March: Legs - Cycle 2 Week 1
  • Mobility work
  • Squats: 3 x 5+
  1. 60kg x 5
  2. 67.5kg x 5
  3. 77.5kg x 9 (Fail 10)
  • Squats dropset: 45kg x 10
  • BSS: 3 x 10 x 14kg per hand
  • RDL (strapped): 3 x 10 x 80kg
  • Goblet squat with pulse: 3 x 10 x 10kg

Squats, not bad, tried to hit depth, need to keep my back tight and remember chest up, rep 10 on the plus set was just lol, went down too quickly and just became a mess at the bottom.

Changed deficit split squats for standard ones as I believe I did something to my back with them last week, so far, back feels fine.

RDL's, these hurt (in a good way) - The goblet squats, urgh, that is all.

After the squats I just felt dead to the world, guessing I'm still a little dehydrated, that or the coffee this morning plus the taurine wanted to murder me from the inside. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
Your squats for depth this morning were nice mate, tightness through the movement needs to be improved, and i think you will see good steps forward with that. The extra tightness will mean better control through the whole movement. Also rep 9 was one of the best reps lol, you just rushed in to 10, you could have ground it out but to be fair i dont blame you for bailing.

Oh and sorry for standing in front of the camera!! didnt realise it was there :) (secretly wanted my behind to hog the limelight!)

Last edited:
Cheers mate it's good to know. Yeah no idea what happened for 10, the setup just went completely wrong and by that point I wasn't breathing properly :p I need to figure out what actually works best and keep that in mind for future sets.

Video below, you'll have to excuse Syla5 for getting in the way for most of the third set :p Also put the dropset on, tired by that point and it shows.

Or just moar squats. :)

The volume of squats is fine, there wouldn't be much use in me doing more sets, unless of course I do some lighter ones later in the week.

At the moment I don't want to fiddle with things too much as it's a new stance and movement pattern that I'm getting used to. That said, it occasionally felt like my heals lifted from the floor, so may need to work on some ankle mob.

Them squats, Psy likes them

psy_thumbs_up_in_pink_tuxedo-8717.jpg

A good start!

That reps of Syla5's arse look to be the most intersting ones :mad: :p

If you feel up to it, consider doing a few light ish sets of 5 every day as part of your warm up. Think about having an active upper back too, so pinch and lats on.

A good start!

That reps of Syla5's arse look to be the most intersting ones :mad: :p

If you feel up to it, consider doing a few light ish sets of 5 every day as part of your warm up. Think about having an active upper back too, so pinch and lats on.

Thanks mate, work to be done but things should click eventually. As Syla5 said, the 9th rep seemed to fly up and was probably the quickest of all of them :p

I'll do 2/3 x 5 of 40kg or something this week and go from there, need to ingrain the movement in to my head. I tend to activate my lats and everything, but I'll mentally make sure I do it next time.

Them squats, Psy likes them

Cheers! Hoping to breach 100kg again this year for reps and proper depth, watch this space etc

You were clearly much tighter on the bar, pulling the bar in to your back and keeping it tight through the lift. I can show you what i do to help me with keeping the back tight on friday if you like.

Back
Top Bottom