Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Tuesday 19th March: Chest - Cycle 2 Week 1
  • Mobility: Shoulder stretching, bench with bar, bench with 30kg.
  • Bench press: 3 x 5+
  1. 42.5kg x 5
  2. 47.5kg x 5
  3. 55kg x 11
  • Incline DB press: 3 x 10 x 22's
  • Dips + 7.5kg: 3 x 8
  • Cable flye: 3 x 12 x 18kg per hand
  • CGBP (SS with below): 3 x 12 x 35kg
  • Leg raise (SS with above): 3 x 10
  • Machine seated row (narrow): 3 x 10 x 36kg
  • Cable push down SS with cable pull down: (Push down) 3 x 12 x 18kg / (Pull down) 3 x 12 x 14kg

Pleased with bench, asked for a spotter with the plus set just in case, ended up doing 11, was aiming for 10 at least. Annoying I'd like to use the rack as I can at least bail on my own, but it's just not nice to use.

And Begbie, I do Pull ups after my deadlifts.

Bit of feedback from my deep tissue session last night:

Your teres major is tight but not unhealthy.
The infraspinatus is carrying tension and is carrying nodules at the moment.
Weak/tense area is the top of the glut where it meets the hip bone.
The erector spinae muscle is protruding but again not an unhealthy muscle but noticeably built and again this can cause pain or problems during impact or long periods of no use

Certainly felt the teres tightness, I'm guessing it's due to the increased use from doing pull-ups recently, so will see if I can do some work on those.

The glute area is where the ball bearing sized nodules are.

My erector spinae muscles are mentioned due to them being tight last week, they've been pretty good since then.

I need to hammer a few bits anyway at home so things should improve.

So they didn't look at your legs much then :p

Did they resolve any of those issues?

Legs weren't included as it was a back appointment :) but I can book a whole body session and get them done, or I think I can just get the legs done if needs be.

Yeah she's been working on the top of the glute area/lower back primarily to remove some of the build up there, as that's what I went for originally to see if it would ease the back issues I'm having.

Naturally she worked around the scapula area and followed everything around and worked on the tight spots hence the observation on the teres and infraspinatus. Sadly I don't have enough money to go for a few weeks in a row :(

In the mean time I can see if I can loosen things up somewhat, I also need to start doing dedicated warm downs at the gym really.

It's a local therapist in my area :) I went to see a physio (private one) about my back when I did it in last year and all they did was make me go down on all fours and suck my belly in, suck my tummy in whenever I sit down and stand up, and proceed to stick needles in my back.

It's a local therapist in my area :) I went to see a physio (private one) about my back when I did it in last year and all they did was make me go down on all fours and suck my belly in, suck my tummy in whenever I sit down and stand up, and proceed to stick needles in my back.

Was this CMK Therapy?

Oh come on! ****ing physios.

Mmm... sports physio required.

To be fair to this one, he/she was probably used to fat, middle-aged people doing their backs because they did a top-heavy bend or strained themselves reaching for a Mars Bar from their office chair.

Decent sports physios are not particularly common from my experience.

Oh come on! ****ing physios.

Remember you having a fit about this last time :D

It's a no then? Or it's just stupid?

Was this CMK Therapy?

Yup.

Mmm... sports physio required.

To be fair to this one, he/she was probably used to fat, middle-aged people doing their backs because they did a top-heavy bend or strained themselves reaching for a Mars Bar from their office chair.

Decent sports physios are not particularly common from my experience.

Would love to see one, issue is knowing who is actually good or not...

Cmk therapy were fine, I think sometimes it's about how capable you are at articulating your problem and aims for resolution.

Talking of core Cambridge and the Oxford wizard, I am reviewing both of these options. I will most likely treat myself to a core Cambridge visit for an SnC session and a meet up with Mrthingyx, maybe even a physio mot as well. I can let you know when and prices if you want!

Don't forget we need to talk squat back tightness on Friday as well

I found the person I saw useless personally, I gave her a full description of my injury, how it happened, where it hurts, when it hurts, what causes more pain and what i would like out of going there. All they got me to do was the above as I said and bend over and touch my toes, there was never any actual muscle manipulation other than a load of needles in my back, which at the time made it worse for me.

Naturally its like anything, depends on who you have seen and how that individual session was, one GP for instance will be sung about by one person, then the other person will swear blind they are terrible :p

As ice has said, doing what they told me to looking at his posts about it just point to it being pointless or bad :p and quite frankly, him and Dom have done more for me about this injury than all the gp's and physios I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom