Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

I think you should do some push pressing tbh. will allow you to add more weight, without losing too much in terms of strength being used.

I'm just trying to keep it 'cheat free' :p

Shall I do what I can strict OHP wise, then do the final ones on PP? :) It's either that, or change my one arm DB press in to one arm push presses.

I'm just trying to keep it 'cheat free' :p

Shall I do what I can strict OHP wise, then do the final ones on PP? :) It's either that, or change my one arm DB press in to one arm push presses.
Stick to the program, PP's dont count as reps on your plus set. Also 11 reps is solid so i dont see why your considering it weak considering you havent ever tested your OHP rm

If your going to do them, then do them once you really have come to the limit on your plus set, take 20-30sec break, keep the weight the same and do a set of push presses.

I think you are losing out by doing it all strict. Strict what you can then do a few extra reps push press :)

Cheers mate, will do.

Friday 22nd March: Back - C2 W1
  • Mobility
  • Deads: 3 x 5+
-Set 1: 87.5kg x 5
-Set 2: 100kg x 5
-Set 3: 115kg x 11
  • Deads dropset: 70kg x 16 - Dead, glutes fried.
  • Toilet: 1 x number 2
  • Pull ups: 3 x 5 - Felt pathetic these
  • Seated Cable row: 3 x 10 x 45kg
  • SAR: 3 x 10 x 20kg - Getting a nice pull on these, fetl awesome.

Syla5 said I could have not more from the plus set, my fault...So I did the dropset to punish myself.

Felt gash today, been feeling naff all week and felt like puking and splurting everywhere after the 70kg deads, oh well.

Roll on next week, hopefully Syla5 can watch me on my next weeks deads to let me know what my backs doing as he said it was fine, but I wasn't so sure at the time, I think I concentrated on hitting 10 too much for some strange reason.

Stick to the program, PP's dont count as reps on your plus set. Also 11 reps is solid so i dont see why your considering it weak considering you havent ever tested your OHP rm

If your going to do them, then do them once you really have come to the limit on your plus set, take 20-30sec break, keep the weight the same and do a set of push presses.

Makes sense actually...I was going to just carry on but not count them in the plus set, I prefer your idea ;)

When I say my OHP is weak, I just mean in general my shoulders are weak :)

Cheers mate, will do.

Friday 22nd March: Back - C2 W1

Mobility
Deads: 3 x 5+
-Set 1: 87.5kg x 5
-Set 2: 100kg x 5
-Set 3: 115kg x 11

Syla5 said I could have got more from the plus set, my fault...So he forced me to do the dropset as punishment.

Fixed^^

Your 115x11 plus set looked strong from where i was, and your back looked really good considering the reps you were hitting. Maybe a review of the video will prove me wrong, but i definitley think you should have done 2 more reps and still left 1 in the tank after that!

SQUAT BACK TIGHTNESS!!!!!

Video from today (will be ready to view at about 7pm)

What I don't like doing, is cranking the weight up like I do on the last 2/3 reps, I prefer to hump the bar personally.

EDIT: that's also completely uneditted, so theres a lot of faffing.

Delvis they look easy as sin for you. My face is going purple by 10th rep on week 1! Though your form looks amazing, compared to mine anyway. No doubt for the perfectionist its not, but to me it looks great!

O and 2:10ish - nice broceps :D

Back
Top Bottom