Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Basically when I'm bench pressing, if I have even a little bit of slack it can load up the shoulders. My body is full on rock mode whenever I bench now. My upper back is so tight, it's ridiculous.

Basically when I'm bench pressing, if I have even a little bit of slack it can load up the shoulders. My body is full on rock mode whenever I bench now. My upper back is so tight, it's ridiculous.

Indeed. To be honest, it's probably what hasn't helped.

Looks like I'll be bringing the bands back in to use :o

Yep, shoulders still naff, its not as bad as it was two years ago as I can at least lift my arm, something ain't right though, feels more internal than anything but it could be a bit deceptive.

This is why bodybuilding exercises are dumb. Had you been doing regular bench work, all would have been fine. ;) :D :cool:

Sorry to hear it, buddy - my default answer is "go to the physio" but I have a skewed view as I get it for free.

Also, it sounds like your recent physio experience wasn't great, either... :(

This is why bodybuilding exercises are dumb. Had you been doing regular bench work, all would have been fine. ;) :D :cool:

Sorry to hear it, buddy - my default answer is "go to the physio" but I have a skewed view as I get it for free.

Also, it sounds like your recent physio experience wasn't great, either... :(

Good job my routines strength based primarily then? :p

Just slapped tiger balm all over it and some some stretches this morning. Will see how it is tomorrow morning for my shoulder workout, otherwise I'll have to shift my days around.

BBB is 5x10, so hardly much worse :p

BBB sucks balls, and this has been attested to by many here.

Trium variate is supposed to be 5/3/1 compound + 2-3 assistance.

edit: your last chest routine had 154 reps of assistance work not including your machine thingy at the end as you didnt put in reps!!

that is crazy volume for a strength based program, have you ever considered that your not pushing yourself hard enough on the assistance work (thus they are not really helping you build strength), and instead your just doing a big variaty because you have the time. I know i am gassed after my 4 assistance exercises and struggle to do much else (except 1 or 2 sets of core stuff) but i am pushing my assistance higher every week along with my big lifts.

Last edited:
BBB sucks balls, and this has been attested to by many here.

Trium variate is supposed to be 5/3/1 compound + 2-3 assistance.

edit: your last chest routine had 154 reps of assistance work not including your machine thingy at the end as you didnt put in reps!!

that is crazy volume for a strength based program, have you ever considered that your not pushing yourself hard enough on the assistance work (thus they are not really helping you build strength), and instead your just doing a big variaty because you have the time. I know i am gassed after my 4 assistance exercises and struggle to do much else (except 1 or 2 sets of core stuff) but i am pushing my assistance higher every week along with my big lifts.

I'm aware BBB is crap, hence not doing it :)

Not sure what you mean on the latter, my assistance work goes up every week generally? The Incline DB bench murders me, I'm getting to the point where I can't get the DB's in to position without putting myself in some bad position to get them up :p

I could probably drop the CGBP and flyes, but then why would I? The tricep extension machine was purely as I had spare time, so why not?

It just seems to much work, maybe all this assistance work is putting undue stress on your already present shoulder issues, all the volume and different types of movement.

Maybe. I put my issue with my shoulder at the moment down to the extra angle that corner cable stack puts on your shoulders, so won't be using that again for flyes that's for sure.

Delvis consider dropping Incline DB's as you're always moaning about shoulders. Incline is bad times for shoulders, so are dips. Try decline BB and feel your chest magically turn on which you can then transfer nicely to flat.

I was under the impression incline is better, especially compared to flat barbell?

Earlier last year all I could do was flat DB and incline DB, flat BB would break me. Incline BB just about worked.

Anyway, I'm certain it was due to the flyes as that's when the clunk happened, I'll just monitor it for a few days and go from there.

Last edited:
Good job my routines strength based primarily then? :p

Absolutely. Considering you did your shoulder in on the BB work, you'd be in more pieces than there are pointless words in my posts if you did any more! :D

Just slapped tiger balm all over it and some some stretches this morning. Will see how it is tomorrow morning for my shoulder workout, otherwise I'll have to shift my days around.

Ibuprofen. Not tiger balm. :)

Tigerbalm works through the illusion of heat and activation of pain receptos in your skin.

So it's increasing swelling by increasing blood flow to the area. Also, there is the premise of Gate Theory when it comes to pain receptors, too. :)

Ibuprofen is a better idea for treatment (if you want to call it that) because it reduces the inflammation. With shoulders, that's generally what you want.

Now there are reports that ibuprofen is catabolic and bad for gainz, etc., and yes, that's true. However, having a duffed up shoulder is even worse. So decide what you want. :D

TL;DR

Let me know if you want me to edit this stuff out so a mod doesn't mistake it for medical advice an do something silly...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom