Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Monday 25th March: Legs
  • Mobility: lots of leg stretches, some shoulder work.
  • Squats: 3 x 3+
  1. 62.5kg x 3
  2. 72.5kg x 3
  3. 82.5kg x 11 (Longest. Set. Ever!)
  • Squats dropset: 60kg x 14/16 (I think it was 16, lost count)
  • BSS: 3 x 10 x 16kg per hand
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 85kg (strapped)

My God...Surprisingly DOMs haven't hit yet, tomorrow morning will be amusing. Basically got to rep 8 on squats and collapsed from ever angle (knees, hips, chest) then every rep after was a bonus - Surprisingly pushed out 3 more for a total of 11 which I'm dead happy about.

The dropset just finished me off! :D

Split squats, went better this week despite the weight increase.

RDL's felt heavy to get off the floor but seemed okay after that, getting heavy though.

Vid: *Warning - Only watch if you have a spare hour*

Lots of knee collapsing, lots of rear ball and arse view.

Nice squatting there Delvis :). I think that stance is much better for you, looks so much more natural. Do you think the knees was from tightness or from lack of muscle activation?

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA

Son, I am impress

I'm very glad you didn't stop on that carp rep, tbh you had a few more at the end as well but 11 is enough. This stance has mileage :)

Also, beat the **** out of your adductors.

Cheers guys.

I love the new stance, feels so much nicer. I think the knee collapsing is a mixture of tightness and me not pushing out enough? As ice says I still need to hammer my adductors, I just find it hard to do at home because lets face it, it looks like you're beating one off if you roll the ball up and down your leg :o

Yeah that 8th rep was a bugger, just lost all tightness. It helped to have Syla5 come over and shout at me though :p

Tuesday 26th March: Chest - C2 W2
  • Mobility: shoulders, benching with bar and 30kg.
  • Bench press: 3 x 3 +
  1. 45kg x 3
  2. 50kg x 3
  3. 57.5kg x 11 (12th rep not quite on chest)
  • Incline DB bench press: 3 x 8 x 24's
  • Dips + 7.5kg: 3 x 8
  • Cable flyes (done in the stupid corner thing) 3 x 12 x 31.6kg per hand
  • CGBP (S/S with below): 40kg = 10, 12, 12.
  • Plank (S/S with above): 3 x 25s
  • Machine row (narrow): 3 x 12 x 36kg
  • Machine tricep extension: Triceps x pump

Good session, pleased with the bench, next week will be interesting and i'll need a spot for sure, unless I use the other rack so I can bail.

Incline bench, finding it hard to get these in to position now :(

Dips: kept these to 7.5kg, last weeks where lol, much better movement this time.

Cable flyes where okay in the other cable stack thing, the weight is irrelevant though as I normally for 18kg per hand. Something went clunk in my right shoulder on the third set so hopefully nothings broken :p

Last edited:
Cheers Morba, intend to keep at this program and get some numbers going. I just hope my shoulder isn't all gashed to pieces, seems to be clicking every time I move it after the flyes this morning.

Cheers Morba, intend to keep at this program and get some numbers going. I just hope my shoulder isn't all gashed to pieces, seems to be clicking every time I move it after the flyes this morning.

Certain movements can get impinged/tweaked through existing muscle tightness/whatever, or even trigger spasms in surrounding tissue.

I thought I had re-tweaked my shoulder a couple of months back when OHP-ing, but it just turned out to be something like the above (physio asked me what mobility work I was doing to prevent recurrence... :o), and lasted all of an hour after some soft tissue love.

I know you have history with your shoulders, but do not tie yourself up in knots over something that is nothing. If a movement generates a funny sound from somewhere, I personally would not worry about it unless it started hurting. :)

Might have just been that you were under constant tension compared to DB flyes. It makes a difference and your body is just reacting to it

Hopefully, I've got my doggy ball at work so I'm trying to use that when I remember to help :p

You coming to Oxford Delvis? Should be interesting to see what your maxes are.

That's the plan currently. Most I've attempted for a single is 67.5kg, I'm hoping I'd be able to push 70/75kg at least...No idea though as bench is such a weird movement for me.

Can also let Ice stick some foreign objects in to places ;)

Ice always sticks things in places where they shouldn't go :(

Hopefully, I've got my doggy ball at work so I'm trying to use that when I remember to help :p

That's the plan currently. Most I've attempted for a single is 67.5kg, I'm hoping I'd be able to push 70/75kg at least...No idea though as bench is such a weird movement for me.

Ice always sticks things in places where they should go :(

Fixed.

You'll be knocking on 100kg bench press soon enough ;)

Certain movements can get impinged/tweaked through existing muscle tightness/whatever, or even trigger spasms in surrounding tissue.

I thought I had re-tweaked my shoulder a couple of months back when OHP-ing, but it just turned out to be something like the above (physio asked me what mobility work I was doing to prevent recurrence... :o), and lasted all of an hour after some soft tissue love.

I know you have history with your shoulders, but do not tie yourself up in knots over something that is nothing. If a movement generates a funny sound from somewhere, I personally would not worry about it unless it started hurting. :)

Hello <3

I'm used to both of my shoulders clicking on occasions especially during OHP'ing movements, I'm not worrying as such however I can feel tightness now (4/5 hours after my workout) and it's not normally what I get. I'm just voicing my head really so I have a log of it somewhere :)

I'll know if it's jaffed in the coming days or not :p

How tight are you on the bench press? I know it's not easy to get that tight with lighter weights, but it's 1 of the most important things for me.

Hello <3

I'm used to both of my shoulders clicking on occasions especially during OHP'ing movements, I'm not worrying as such however I can feel tightness now (4/5 hours after my workout) and it's not normally what I get. I'm just voicing my head really so I have a log of it somewhere :)

I'll know if it's jaffed in the coming days or not :p

Tightness is one thing; pain is quite different. :eek:

I just try and work through it, as I am sure you do, too. However, my mobility work is to stave off a visit to my physio as he is an absolutely sadist when it comes to deep tissue release and other stuff. Mobility hurts a lot less than having somebody stick their thumb in a spasming adductor... :eek: :(

How tight are you on the bench press? I know it's not easy to get that tight with lighter weights, but it's 1 of the most important things for me.

I try and get as tight as possible, just end up chalking my back at the moment but still find the bench slips on my bare back, may have to start putting the bands back around the thing which gets me some awesome looks.

Tightness is one thing; pain is quite different.

I just try and work through it, as I am sure you do, too. However, my mobility work is to stave off a visit to my physio as he is an absolutely sadist when it comes to deep tissue release and other stuff. Mobility hurts a lot less than having somebody stick their thumb in a spasming adductor...

Meh, theres always some form of pain going on with my right shoulder, so I tend to notice the small changes. I need to work on my right pec anyway so I'll attack it then. I don't tend to get issues during the workout, it will be after, so it's probably a combination of inflammation and an existing issue or something.

Back
Top Bottom