Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Lovely work Delvis :)

Thanks Dom

Good effort mate. Something to watch, as you initiate the lift, you are shifting forward a bit.

Yeah, it's something I used to do, think I'm raising my hips too soon on some reps and it's causing me to bring my shoulders over the bar more, really felt it on the first rep, it was practically a pendulum.

Going through a bit of a funny time at the moment at work and stuff and it's affecting my concentration which doesn't help matters. Nevermind eh

Sexy as **** deadlifts mate.

I want to reiterate what Chris said (I'm sure I said it before!), don't perform any exercise that aggravates your shoulder.

You asked me somewhere what I've been doing to fix myself, and it basically amounts to this:

Stretch/soft tissue rape pec minor and clavicular pec
Make sure that my scaps are pinched and depressed vertically down my rib cage for every pushing or pulling rep.

You will know when you're doing it right because you will light up some under active muscles in your mid back and rotator cuff.

Sexy as **** deadlifts mate.

I want to reiterate what Chris said (I'm sure I said it before!), don't perform any exercise that aggravates your shoulder.

You asked me somewhere what I've been doing to fix myself, and it basically amounts to this:

Stretch/soft tissue rape pec minor and clavicular pec
Make sure that my scaps are pinched and depressed vertically down my rib cage for every pushing or pulling rep.

You will know when you're doing it right because you will light up some under active muscles in your mid back and rotator cuff.

Cheers ice :)

Finding it hard to hit my pec minor, need to do some more googling. I'm making a conscious effort with keeping my scaps pinched and back, but not sure what you mean about the depressed part? (Unless you're on about my general demeanor in which case I'm succeeding) :D

Either way, I'm certainly feeling things in my back since doing it :)

:D no, depressed as in move them down your back towards your arse. "Put them in your back pocket", as FF says.

Try forcing your shoulder/scap into that position and then stretching your pec bits.

:D no, depressed as in move them down your back towards your arse. "Put them in your back pocket", as FF says.

Try forcing your shoulder/scap into that position and then stretching your pec bits.

Thought as much. Will have a go tonight.

Enjoying rowing movements at the moment, feeling swole after. Can you remind me how ones hands should be when doing a single arm kneeling cable row again? ie starting and finishing position? Just so I don't snap myself up doing it wrong.

Monday 29th April: Legs - C3 W3
  • Mobility: hamstrings, ankles, adductors, bit of quads.
  • Squats: 5 / 3 / 1+
  1. 70kg x 5
  2. 80kg x 3
  3. 90kg x 11
  • BSS: 3 x 10 x 18's
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 100kg

Pretty pleased with squats, couple of reps where my knees came in, couple where I didn't follow with my chest.

That feel when you can't put your trousers on after leg day.

That feel when your RDL sets are heavier than your squat sets.

Last edited:
Completely forgot to add the video of squats today, its the only way I know how many reps I've done usually :p

Loving your deadlifts buddy. Teach me how to deadlift plz?

Cheers mate. Its been a long road (or at least feels like it) - can't remember where my log starts but it might show some insight to how I've had to develop it. Changed my stance, had to learn how to actually use my core properly and train it, also added in a bit more back work to help things :)

Best advice I can give? Listen to the guys on here, it will help no end, it may be frustrating, but it'll be worth it in the long run!

Last edited:
Mirin the wild Syla5 that appears...

Also, practice having a quicker turn around between reps. Chest up and keep knees forward as you drive up.

Yeah, that's just me making sure I brace properly otherwise I turn in to a wobbly mess.

Will keep in mind the knees, chest I do my best just sometimes my arose gets the better of me :p Next squat cycles going to hurrrrt.

:D

I'm getting closer to 100kg so its bound to get crazy, I've not really dropped 100kg with the new stance or properly with depth.

The progression on this is completely bizarre, you seem to gain strength in such a weird way.

Dunno in all honesty, I'm getting to the point where certain exercises are aggravating my lower back, but I think I should be able to sort that on the deload.

Otherwise I'll at least do cycle 4, then either do a cycle or two for size gains and go from there?

Back
Top Bottom