Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Wednesday 1st April: Stuff
  • Mobility: Shoulder discs, YTWL's
  • Bench: 3 x 10 x Bar, 10 x 25kg, 2 x 10 x 30kg.
  • Machine row (Narrow): 3 x 10 x 38.3kg
  • Machine row (Wide): 3 x 10 x 38.3kg
  • Kneeling 1 arm cable row: 3 x 10 x 36kg
  • TRX Body saw: 12, 12, 10 (Core went, started to sag)
  • Kettle bell press: 3 x 10 x 4kg

Bit of discomfort on some of the reps for bench, REALLY need to concentrate and get the right plane of motion for my shoulders and elbows otherwise I feel like snapping.

Kettle bell press, right shoulder isn't too much of a fan, again really need to keep my shoulder back and pinned, the path of the weight need to be inline with my head otherwise it just hurts, so damn annoying.

Loved the rows, feeling swole.

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks ******* pathetic and digusting compared to my workout. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont use **** exercises that was perviously in issues of My First Workout magazine. you're a ******* joke dude, and im dead ******* serious. gert areal workout that has good exercies, decent structure and gives you a good ******* pump, im seriously.. dont eever potst your ******* poverty workouts on these forums ever the **** again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, ******* phaggot.

Dude, i'm gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks ******* pathetic and digusting compared to my workout. and I'm being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont use **** exercises that was perviously in issues of My First Workout magazine. you're a ******* joke dude, and im dead ******* serious. gert areal workout that has good exercies, decent structure and gives you a good ******* pump, im seriously.. dont eever potst your ******* poverty workouts on these forums ever the **** again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, ******** phaggot.

My shoulders ******, what do you expect? I can't lift my arm above my head without it wanting to snap :p

Delvis, your video was removed for violating youtubes terms of service... I don't even what....

Anyway, been reading some of Supple Leopard, and was just reading about deadlift grip. It says that double overhand grip is what he personally prefers because, 'while the mixed grip is certainly a viable option, it does not allow you to create torque and stabilise your shoulders to the same degree'.

I'm not really sure if you've thought about it, but figured I'd point it out considering how snapped your shoulders are. Mind you I'm sure Ice will weigh in with something. (He's also an advocate of the hook grip for adding torque)

kd

Last edited:
Delvis, your video was removed for violating youtubes terms of service... I don't even what....

Anyway, been reading some of Supple Leopard, and was just reading about deadlift grip. It says that double overhand grip is what he personally prefers because, 'while the mixed grip is certainly a viable option, it does not allow you to create torque and stabilise your shoulders to the same degree'.

I'm not really sure if you've thought about it, but figured I'd point it out considering how snapped your shoulders are. Mind you I'm sure Ice will weigh in with something. (He's also an advocate of the hook grip for adding torque)

kd

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat, didn't even get an email =/ Normally I get emails about music being in the background and have to confirm the song...Might just muting them :p

I use DOH when I can, then I switch to mixed, weirdly, I mix the grip with my left hand as opposed to my right (which stays in the DOH position)

Double overhand with hook grip = all kinds of awesome.

And really hurts if you've never done it before! :D

Hook grip....Tried that once, fml.

Friday 3rd May: Back - C3 W3
  • Mobility: hamstrings primarily
  • Deadlifts: 5 / 3 / 1+
  1. 105kg x 5
  2. 117.5kg x 3
  3. 132.5kg x 8
  • Chins: 5, 5, 4 (+4 negs)
  • Rope trainer: Resistance 5, Middle notch: 3 x 40s (1 min rests)
  • Seated cable rows: 54.5kg x 10, 52kg x 10, 47.3kg x 10, 10.

Felt gash today for some reason when I first walked in, head all over the place, eyes were in wobble city...Deadlifts went well though I think, few ropey reps, felt my back going a bit so stopped it there.

Changed to chins instead of pull ups to help my shoulder, it was in between palms facing and neutral grip, concentrated on keep the back tight, scaps down, felt nice and repped well actually.

Rope trainer, fuarrrrrrr.

Seated rows, these are lagging lately, the first set just isn't right, too heavy, too much movement going on with my torso, dropped the weight till I could do proper rom really, felt good afterwards.

Video:

Last edited:
Nice deads brah, girl in the background was mirin your glutes :D

Yeaaaaaaaah babeyyyyyyyyyyyy

8 reps on 3 week! niiiice!
They look good those deads, just need to be mindful of that forward lean as you take the weight.

Yeah. Not sure if it's due to setup (shins too close to bar) or just down to me lifting my hips up too quickly first. If I keep my hips down it seems to make the reps a lot harder. I'll just have to make a conscious effort to keep them down on the next cycle to help build up strength from the bottom.

Video bombing......it's now a thing :D

BOOM!

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat, didn't even get an email =/ Normally I get emails about music being in the background and have to confirm the song...Might just muting them :p

I use DOH when I can, then I switch to mixed, weirdly, I mix the grip with my left hand as opposed to my right (which stays in the DOH position)

Hook grip....Tried that once, fml.

His general opinion seemed to be use hook up to anything of 90% of your 1RM. After that he'll let you use mixed xD

kd

Back
Top Bottom