Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Do another cycle, your in the progress zone! I would only consider a change when your plus sets drop to 7/6/5 for example.

However if you fancy a change, I plan on a 60 day cycle of avgt that ff is doing, so you can join me doing that after my holidays if you want? :)

AVGT is awesome!

But bloody hard, and longer than 5/3/1 workout but then I enjoy being in the gym so doesn't bother me.

Get on it :)

AVGT is awesome!

But bloody hard, and longer than 5/3/1 workout but then I enjoy being in the gym so doesn't bother me.

Get on it :)

I think that would be Syla5's killer, he'd have to get to the gym even earlier than he does already :p

I wouldn't mind pushing some volume for a bit, then again I'm not sure the 10 sets would do my back any good in all honesty.

Monday 20th May: Legs - C4 W2
  • Mobilitty: hammies, ankles
  • Squats: 3 x 3+ (WU: 10 x bar, 5 x 60kg)
  1. 70kg x 3
  2. 80kg x 3
  3. 90kg x 12 (+1 on PB)
  • BSS: 3 x 10 x 18's
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 97.5kg

Good session, squats felt okay, started to drop my chest on some of the later reaps which was annoying me. On the 4th rep I smacked the catchers at the bottom which put a lot of weight on to the left but carried on.

BSS went well, only a couple of wobblers, primarily my right leg now.

RDL's were decent, fatigued by this point though, need to keep tight to save my back.

I think that would be Syla5's killer, he'd have to get to the gym even earlier than he does already :p

I wouldn't mind pushing some volume for a bit, then again I'm not sure the 10 sets would do my back any good in all honesty.

to be fair, the strict 90 second rests would probably mean i get done quicker, and i would be using the first 2 or 3 working sets as stretch warm ups still.

70% of my 10rm should work out to around 85-90kg and that weight is currently in my warm up range :)

awesome work on todays squats mate

to be fair, the strict 90 second rests would probably mean i get done quicker, and i would be using the first 2 or 3 working sets as stretch warm ups still.

70% of my 10rm should work out to around 85-90kg and that weight is currently in my warm up range :)

awesome work on todays squats mate

Cheers. Hitting the bloody catchers threw me off no end. :mad:

I'll have to see, I'm not sure the high reps + high sets will help with me keeping tight and preventing a re-injury to myself :p

Lots of sets at a low ish percentage will do you a lot of good. Its what I'd have you doing if I had you in front of me to touch and fondle (or provide a progression for...)

Lots of sets at a low ish percentage will do you a lot of good. Its what I'd have you doing if I had you in front of me to touch and fondle (or provide a progression for...)

Cool beans iceman, I'm on it.

What percentage pattern would you recommend?

Probably when I'm warming up on your 1RMs. :p <3

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest :p

:D

I was kind of meaning that AGVT would be good for you at some point.

If you were with me you'd be doing weights that I pulled out of the air (my arse?) based on how you moved.

Basically, either of the above will give you a lot of practice.

I was kind of meaning that AGVT would be good for you at some point.

If you were with me you'd be doing weights that I pulled out of the air (my arse?) based on how you moved.

Basically, either of the above will give you a lot of practice.

Cool :)

Would you recommend I do another cycle of 5/3/1 or just go in to AGVT with Syla5?

It's okay brosephs, I'm not dead.

Wednesday 22nd May: Chest and back stuff
  • Mobility: shoulder discs, ytwl's
  • Bench press: (WU: 2 x 10 x bar, 10 x 30kg)
  1. 45kg x 10
  2. 2 x 42.5kg x 10
  • Incline DB bench: 3 x 10 x 18's
  • Machine row (narrow): 3 x 10 x 45kg
  • Machine row (wide): 3 x 10 x 45kg

Considering I felt like puking all night on Tuesday, it wasn't a bad session. I'm debating whether to continue with flat bench, the 45kg just hurt my shoulder/ac joint so I dropped the weight, Thursday it felt reasonably aggravated still.....Incline DB bench feels okay, may try incline BB and see how it feels.

Ran out of time to do my kneeling cable rows.

Friday 24th May: Back - C4 W2
  • Mobility: hamstrings hamstrings HAMSTRINGS
  • Deads: 3 x 3+ (WU: RDL x lots x bar, deads: 70kg x 10)
  1. 100kg x 3
  2. 115kg x 3
  3. 130kg x 11
  • Chins: 6, 5, 4.
  • Seated Cable row: 3 x 10 x 52kg
Also did some Machine rear delt flyes: 25kg x 12, 12. 32kg x 12.

Deads felt good, really fatigued today, had a 12hour work day yesterday so pretty knackered coupled with the scrag ends of this cold I have, still, went well I think.

May go in tomorrow to do some light shoulder work, see how it feels and I'll probably do my kneeling cable rows as well after missing them Wednesday.

Edit: Deads from today

Some lumbar gains made, you can tell I'm fatigued.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom