Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Well, my cavles are dead, decided to blits them on Saturday, can't walk :p

Monday 24th June: Legs
  • Mobility: legs, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes.
  • Squats WU: bar x 8, 40kg x 6, 60kg x 4.
  • Squats WS: 3 x 8 x 85kg
  • Walking lunges: 3 x 8 x 12's (per hand and per leg)
  • BSS: 3 x 8 x 12's (per hand and per leg)
  • Leg Extensions: 25kg x 20, 20. 32kg x 30.

Right knee was playing up during lunges and split squats, just above the shin where my shin protrudes a bit.

My left elbow was being a **** as well, need to work on some mobility as it clearly didn't like being in the squat position.

Deads look really nice.

Be careful not to over think when you've got the bar in your hands though, that time is reserved for basic mental rehearsal and rage ;)

Deads look really nice.

Be careful not to over think when you've got the bar in your hands though, that time is reserved for basic mental rehearsal and rage ;)

Before I pull or while I'm at the top? :p

Thank you though, if you mean the latest video that's after I've tweaked them ever so slightly with Pats input from seeing me pull an invisible bar :o

Hopefully this will stop me pulling the bar like a douche and further aggravate my back.

A man who is a douche can never not pull the bar like a douche, for douchiness flows through his veins into the very core of the man.

:p

Before the reps. It should be part of training to try and make as many of the cues subconscious and fast.

Tuesday 25th June: Chest
  • Wake up when I'm meant to be on the gym floor
  • Down shake and drive to gym like a bat out of hell
  • Some shoulder mobility
  • Incline BB Bench: bar x 10, 30 x 10, 3 x 8 x 40kg.
  • DB Bench: 3 x 8 x 20's
  • Decline DB bench: 3 x 10 x 16's
  • Tri push down s/s with pull down: 14kg x 10/10, 10/10, 9kg x 15/15.

Despite waking up mega late, it was a good session, decline purely due to needing to throw something in there.

My right wrist didn't like the pulldowns with the straight bar, felt like it wanted to snap.

The 20's on the DB bench felt reasonably okay, they're getting to the limit of where I'll lose form and snap though, so I'll probably do another week of 20's, there's no point rushing this.

Thursday 27th June: Back and hams
  • Mobility: hammies and adductors
  • Deadlift WU: RDL x bar x 10, Deads 70kg x 5, 100kg x 5.
  • Deadlift WS: 4 x 3 x 130kg.
  • BORs: 3 x 12 x 55kg
  • NG Chins: 4 1/2, lol nope, shoulder gash.
  • Chins (corner stack unit): 3 + 2negs, 3 + 2 negs.
  • RDL: 3 x 10 x 90kg
  • Leg curl: 10x25kg, 15x32kg, 15x41.3kg, 25x25kg.

Dropped the reps on deads, my back doesn't like the higher reps (even 5 reps annoys it apparently) - Felt better.

Chins murdered me as usual, BORs prior didn't help probably.

RDLs, good, just after the deadlifts and BORs I can feel my lower back getting fatigued, not in a good way.

Leg curls, those ******* leg curls, stupid arse machine is annoying, seems to put pressure on my lower lumbar if it's not 100% setup correctly, got better towards the end as I fiddled around hence the non pyramid set.

I'm considering some changes to help me train more effectively:
  1. Move RDL's and Leg curls to a different day, doing them after deadlifts is just going to make me injure myself.
  2. Potentially swap the BOR and Chins order like I used to do them.

Video of set 2 of deadlifts:

I seem to have developed a pendulum effect with these, I'm guessing it's feet/bar positioning thing and my shoulders being too far forward so when I lift it leaves the ground at an angle.

Last edited:
Friday 28th June: Shoulders
  • Shoulder mob
  • Seated DB press: WU = 12 x 6's, 12 x 12's.
  • Seatd DB Press: WS = 2 x 10 x 18's
  • DB Front Raise: 3 x 10 x 10's
  • OHP: 22.5kg x 10, 25kg x 10, 9(f10)
  • Side laterals: 3 x 15 x 6's
  • Cable rear delt flye: 3 x 15 x 22.8kg
  • Seated Curls: 14's x 8, 8. 12's x 8, 12's x 7 + 10's x 4.
  • Ez Bar Curls: Bar+15kg x 10, Bar+17.5kg x 10, Bar+15kg x 10.

Nom. Shoulders alright, lil bit of aggro, primarily front raises, little bit on the curls if the shoulder moves too much. My right arm is hilarious on curls, fails so easily, yet the left just keeps on going :D

Side laterals, low weight still, need to work on them, I could increase but I'd just be swinging the weight up.

Friday 28th June: Shoulders
  • Shoulder mob
  • Seated DB press: WU = 12 x 6's, 12 x 12's.
  • Seatd DB Press: WS = 2 x 10 x 18's
  • DB Front Raise: 3 x 10 x 10's
  • OHP: 22.5kg x 10, 25kg x 10, 9(f10)
  • Side laterals: 3 x 15 x 6's
  • Cable rear delt flye: 3 x 15 x 22.8kg
  • Seated Curls: 14's x 8, 8. 12's x 8, 12's x 7 + 10's x 4.
  • Ez Bar Curls: Bar+15kg x 10, Bar+17.5kg x 10, Bar+15kg x 10.

Nom. Shoulders alright, lil bit of aggro, primarily front raises, little bit on the curls if the shoulder moves too much. My right arm is hilarious on curls, fails so easily, yet the left just keeps on going :D

Side laterals, low weight still, need to work on them, I could increase but I'd just be swinging the weight up.

Nice bro curlz! My forearms would drop off if I tried that. :D

Monday 1st July: Legs
  • Mobility: Hammies primarily
  • Squats: something x warmups with bar. with 50kg, with 70kg.
  • Squats WS: 3 x 8 x 90kg
  • Walking Lunges: 3 x 8/8 x 14's
  • BSS: 3 x 8/8 x 14's
  • Leg Extensions: 3 x 20 x 32kg

Dead today, fatigued from the weekend and felt pretty naff, along with that during the warm up it felt like my achilles wanted to tear itself off of my foot, no idea what was going on but just squatting down at BW was agony - did the ice-poke on it (ooh-er) and it seemed to shift after that.

Pleased all around though, didn't think the 90kg sets where going to shift in all honesty, couple of ropey reps, need to concentrate on my knees staying out and not leaning too far forward.

Back
Top Bottom