Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Monday 1st July: Legs
  • Mobility: Hammies primarily
  • Squats: something x warmups with bar. with 50kg, with 70kg.
  • Squats WS: 3 x 8 x 90kg
  • Walking Lunges: 3 x 8/8 x 14's
  • BSS: 3 x 8/8 x 14's
  • Leg Extensions: 3 x 20 x 32kg

Dead today, fatigued from the weekend and felt pretty naff, along with that during the warm up it felt like my achilles wanted to tear itself off of my foot, no idea what was going on but just squatting down at BW was agony - did the ice-poke on it (ooh-er) and it seemed to shift after that.

Pleased all around though, didn't think the 90kg sets where going to shift in all honesty, couple of ropey reps, need to concentrate on my knees staying out and not leaning too far forward.
Nice work!

Cheers mate, debating what to do next week: ie 92.5/95kg, shall see how it all feels next Monday.

My issue at the moment is being extremely tight after the weekends at the moment.

Stick to 5kg increments until you don't manage all working sets to all ranges. Then consider what to do the following week :)

Oh and stretch Sunday nights

I'm impressed you're actually sticking to the routine! Some good workouts tbh. But Doovis pls, leg extensions are a warm up exercise! Don't bother doing them if you don't do them first

I'm impressed you're actually sticking to the routine! Some good workouts tbh. But Doovis pls, leg extensions are a warm up exercise! Don't bother doing them if you don't do them first

Fair enough mate :)

Of course I'm sticking to the routine, I'm becoming swole for you <3

I think the only one I've tampered with is chest days, I can't do some of the exercises (CGBP & dips) as it just hurts, it's being looked at by the physio so I may be able to add them back in again at a later date.

Also, not sure if I'm doing DB pullover correctly, I don't get much pec activation, it's mostly in my tri's?

Tuesday 2nd July: Chest and tri's
  • Mobility: dislocations, shoulder warmup drills.
  • Incline BB Bench: bar x 10 + 1- speed. 30kg x 8.
  • Incline BB Bench: WS = 2 x 8 x 42.5kg
  • DB Bench: 3 x 10 x 20's (lil bit of aggro here, it was more shoulder positioning I think.)
  • DB Pullover: 3 x 12 x 16kg
  • Tri pushdown: 15 x 14kg, 2 x 15 x 18kg
  • Seated dip for the lols: some weight x 15, 10 x 41kg (nope), 14 x 32kg.

Shoulder has been a bit gash since the weekend, long drive down to summerset and the car I was in seemed to just push my shoulders forward :(

Incline bench was good, lil bit of discomfort but okay.
DB Bench, pleased, just need to be cautious of shoulder positioning.

Seated dips (HAH) surprisingly are okay, as long as I don't push the weight too much the shoulder feels fine.

Hopefully move on to the 22kg DB's for bench next week.

Thursday 4th July: Back
  • Mobility: hammies, all kinds of tight.
  • Deads WU: RDL x bar x some, Deads x 70kg x 8, 100kg x 3, 120kg x 2.
  • Deads WS: 4 x 3 x 135kg
  • BORs: 3 x 12 x 60kg
  • Lat Pull Down: 3 x 10 x 45kg (pause at chest)
  • Machine row: narrow S/S with wide @ 32kg = 12/10, 12/10, 12/10.

Knackered this morning, lack of sleep again. Ditched RDL's, theres no feasable way for me to do hamstring work after deadlifts and BORs with my back at the moment, so I need to relocate them to another day.

Pleased with the Deadlifts, felt strong today on those despite feeling gash from this bug I've caught.

Video below of Set 2: 135kg

First reps a bit ropey as the bar rolled a touch in my hands, so went to hook grip.

Last edited:
I did prior to this program, time is short.

Steedies other point is it's hard to train them hard enough along with quads, however I was shifting more when they were on the same day as legs rather than on my back day, primarily as my lower back isn't fatigued on leg day, I'll have a play as at the moment I'm just not doing them.

Is it feasible to add another day in where you do some small things that you don't have time for on you normal days, including mobility work and maybe some cardio or something?

Deads looking gooood :)

Is it feasible to add another day in where you do some small things that you don't have time for on you normal days, including mobility work and maybe some cardio or something?

Deads looking gooood :)

Cheers buddy.

I could theoretically go on Saturday mornings or something, however that doesn't tend to go down well with the misses, at least not on a permanent basis.

My Quad workout takes up the hour pretty much (including stretching etc) so unless I get up even earlier it ain't happening on Mondays :p

I may possibly be able to whack it on to Tuesdays as my chest sessions are over pretty quickly at the moment.

Awesome deadlifts thanks for the video it's help me compare to mine, I was doing 130kg yesterday but I noticed in the video of me my back rounds because I bring the bar up with my back before moving my hips. You really have the form down perfect.

Odd, post the video up in the form thread.

Cheers though, it's taken a while due to previous issues and I've recently tweaked it in the last couple of weeks, it seems to work anyway.

uFriday 5th July: Shoulders
  • Mobility: lots of shoulder stuff.
  • Seated DB Press: WU sets with the 6's and 12's.
  • Seated DB Press: WS = 20's x 10, 5
  • DB Front raise: 10 x 10's, 2 x 10 x 8's.
  • OHP: 25kg x 10, 10, 9.
  • Side laterals: 3 x 15 x 6's
  • Cable delt flye: 3 x 15/15 x 22.8kg

No time for arm work today, will see if I can do some tomorrow.

Had another physio session yesterday on my shoulder, so it's still pretty fatigued from that.

Back
Top Bottom