Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
Have you thought about seeing where you can get to with things like db press and any other non-deadlift/squat movement? I'm a fan of occasionally just going for it and increasing the weight and seeing how it feels, and increasing it some more. It can show you if you're selling yourself short of some of the weights you lift.

I'll be honest, I just can't do it on chest, feels like my shoulder will implode. The issue I have with flat DB bench is getting the DB's up (the 25's are the heaviest I've done) I basically have to roll back with them on my knees and hope I can handle it.

As you can see though, the 25's are enough of a struggle, nearly landed on my face. I'm pretty confident I should be able to do more next week as long as my shoulder feels good. :)

I was being serious, well you'll overtake me anyway.. Just can't get on with them at the moment. One day!

Keep up the good work, now to turn that bench in to a triple digit :D

What are your squat and deadlift stats again? :)

Hm...DB bench with 50's....:D

Good to see you're progressing steadily.

How's the back?

Thanks matey :) My chest days are a right chore, just need to be smart with them because of the shoulder. Need to really get on and rehab it properly.

The back is okay. Had a God awful twinge in it this morning while in the car, almost cramp like. The small pain above my right glute isn't as bad as earlier, still there though, always has been really.

Great stuff man! 2 as well! BOOM!

:D

Yeah, I did one rep then was like..."actually, that's not so bad", so tried another, chuckled to myself and thought "what the hell" and went for a third. Not bad considering.

A sign of good things to come? ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
140 on squat and 165 on deadlift. If anything, my squat is getting stronger at the moment :)

Getting the 50's to your chest will be interesting enough :D

Very true :p

Got a while before I catch up yet mate don't worry ;) I can't even fathom thinking about the 50's...I'm not even sure I have the plates to make the 50's up, let alone lift them.

Two 20kg Oly plates + two 5's? haha!

Caporegime
Hah :D Whats your max and working sets? ;)

No not yet, I've never really followed a set strength program, always gone for at least 8 reps (which is border line I believe) I'm purely aiming for hypertrophy currently :)

I may look at things after Christmas and potentially switch to a strength based one for a small while, more than likely something simple though.

Heh, maybe ;) You'll have to wait and see...

:p

Anyway, I did my 3 digit squat for you man! Wheres the love?

Tomorrow is

100.00 x3
112.50 x3
127.50 x max (hoping for 7+)

Max is 155kg, but got a feeling I'd struggle with this.

Soldato
nice squatting by the way delvis :) keep up the good work, depth was so so, but you know that and everything else about them was good. Awesome progress dude

Caporegime
That's going to hurt Beg!! :D

Your damn right it is! Started mountain biking too, realising I can't cycle up a hill without my legs being in somewhat agony so I am doing 20-30min cycling a day too along with some uphill sprints every 2nd/3rd day.

My legs feel like there constantly on fire. :D

Caporegime
OP
nice squatting by the way delvis :) keep up the good work, depth was so so, but you know that and everything else about them was good. Awesome progress dude

Cheers mate.

Yeah I'll be hitting the depth issue later, just not that fussed by it now, I just need to shift some weight for once.

Caporegime
OP
Calves still broken. Chest doms in full force.

Time to hit the shoulders and core. Think I'll hit the shoulders first in stead of the core this time, see how things pan out.

Caporegime
OP
Definitely a better way round of doing it. Always leave core until last :).

Seemed to work better, bloody knackering though.

Thursday 22nd November: Core and shoulder
  • Mobility
  • OHP: WU: Barx10, 30kgx3. WS: 30kg-12, 12, 10. Dropset: Barx12.
  • Arnold Press: 10's: 10, 10, 12. Dropset: 7.5'sx14.
  • DB Face pull thing: 7.5'sx20. 10'sx20, 20.
  • -Below core work supersetted-
  • Planks: 30s, 30s, 50s.
  • Land mines (just the bar): 8, 8, 12.
  • Pallof press with band: 8, 8, 12.

OHP was generally better, back seemed okay, its just on the later reps it can get funny, so I tried to keep form tight. Had some serious burn in my shoulders, felt good.

On a more annoying note, I hate the kids at my school, one of them came in and just waved at me, then decided to tell his friend to lift up the barbell (which had about 60kg on it) and lets just say, it wasn't pretty.

Can't wait till I can get out of that place and go to a proper gym not surrounded by small children.

Back
Top Bottom