Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Soldato
Heh :)

Will hopefully up it next week, not sure yet...It's that or try and smack out more reps, I think my shoulders respond better to higher reps, no idea if that's true mind.

I'm aiming for 5 reps on some weeks and 3 on others. Just helps me get the most of my lifts in terms of strength. They don't look that bad either :)

Caporegime
OP
Friday 23rd November: Back
  • Mobility:
  • Deadlifts: WU: 10x60kg, 80kgx4, 2x100kg, 1x110kg.
  • -WS: 3x4x125kg - Grip went after first set, switched to mixed....Feels weird mannnn
  • BOR: 3x12x50kg.
  • Reverse grip BOR: 50kg: 12, 12, 14.
  • SAR: Slow negs @25kg: 12, 12, 12.

Awesome lat pump again, made sure I got some nice pinching at the top of the rows.

Deadlifts were good, something wasn't quite right though, and mixed grip is just odd. I have a vid of the 125kg so I'll upload that at some point.

Lower back pump wasn't too painful, it just appears every time I get pump in my lower back it doesn't feel amazing for whatever reason.

Deadlift vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLBMqNuiD8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I hate mixed grip, i'd rather reset after every rep on DOH. Got any chalk yet?

Yeah liquid chalk, had it for a while, tend to chalk up on the working set and that's it. My grip just fatigues, it might be better next week.

I've never used mixed grip prior to tonight, it just seemed counter productive, feels like my arms all twisted :o

Associate
Nice work man. Good to see the progression is still going. We will have you up to a 3 plate in no time :D. Like everyone says mixed grip just takes a little getting used to. If you are concerned about the asymmetry you could swap each set/rep but I wouldn't worry too much.

Caporegime
OP
Nice work man. Good to see the progression is still going. We will have you up to a 3 plate in no time :D. Like everyone says mixed grip just takes a little getting used to. If you are concerned about the asymmetry you could swap each set/rep but I wouldn't worry too much.

I may play around, do you have your left or right hand under?

Cheers though, i have the video and will upload it this morning hopefully, cant seem to get the same core tightness as you guys. Also, when is it 'worth' using a belt?

Sadly i wont hit three plate at my gym :( as theres only two 20's ;)

Soldato
Quick look at the vids available, ice, Dom, lie and myself all have our right hands as the under hand in mixed. Possibly just related to the fact we are all right handed?? Random guess on that.

Deads look good mate. As for a belt I found mine useful from around the kind of weights your now lifting for deads, key thing with a belt is it doesn't fix bad form, it just allows you to keep better core tension for longer. Your recent form is great by the way :)

Caporegime
As I said before, stick 140 on the bar and get it done. 125 for reps looked comfy.

Oh and tbh you don't really need a belt just yet imo

Re which hand to swap for mixed, its meant to be your strongest hand apparently.
For axle continental cleans I follow this thought and swap my right hand. For deads I swap my left hand as right feels odd.
But then I'm a leftie for control and right handed for power. Go figure!

Associate
Yeah you don't really need a belt but you just need to make sure that you core strength progresses along with the weights you are able to move. It may be time to step up the core work to account for this.

Those deadlifts look really good mate you should be very proud. You need to be a little more conscious of you reset, there is a rep or two when you starting position isn't ideal for you.

Also is there any way you can just drop with the bar rather than lowering it. I really am not a fan of lowering it like that, maybe it's just me but I don't see the point apart from anything else.

Do you do any RDLs? You might find them very good for strengthening your core in a very specific manner.

Caporegime
OP
Funnily enough, im actually right handed, but i eat left handed soooooo? :p

As for the belt, im not getting one, was hust enquiring really.

Core work, could you look it over dom? I do a fair whack, but any other things i can try game. That was my last set, so the rests probably are worse.

Dropping the weight, i can (its probably better for my back anyway) only issue is there is an office below me so its not ideal as the floor is just terrible, will see though.

I have been adding in rdls (check mondays session) just need to keep at them now.

Lol morba :D cheers. Love to but my back wasnt feeling amazing anyway, really outs a downer on my training.

All in all though, pretty happy.

Back
Top Bottom