Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Lovely deads!

Ta mate, appreciated.

This. Great work, Delvis... although you probably should have done 155kg look at those. ;)

And *chuckles* at Syla5 motivational commentary! Not nearly as lecherous as it should have been! :)

Probably won't be next week, in the hospital again from Thursday so won't be a proper training week yet again!

Hah! Funnily enough it does help, if I could train somewhere we could actually egg each other on more it would help no end.

Monday 19th August: Chest and legs
Bit of a mish mash today, only training today and Wednesday, then i'll be out of action for at least two days, hopefully good by the Monday again...

• Incline DB Bench: 12 x 8's, 10 x 12's. 22's x 10, 10, 8, 20's x 10.
  • Chest press machine: 4 x 34.2kg x 12
  • Squats WU: bar x some x 2.
  • Squats Paused: 60kg x 2, 70kg, 80kg, 90kg, 95kg, 100kg.
  • Squats: 25 x 60kg
  • V push down: 20.3kg x 15, 15, 10, 18kg x 18.

Yeah, squats aren't conventional but I'm trying to attack my weakness with them, this should help. Needless to say, squats were tasty.

Videos of all paused reps below, then the 25 set.

Start: 0:50
End: 3:20 I think

-Death PB
-Pump PB
-Numb hands PB

Last edited:
Squats looked like fun!

I am guessing the bigger paused weights had you rocking forward on the way back up to pull your quads into the game?

Regardless, it is looking pretty sweet! Great work!

Squats looked like fun!

I am guessing the bigger paused weights had you rocking forward on the way back up to pull your quads into the game?

Regardless, it is looking pretty sweet! Great work!

Yeah, it's what I seem to do once the weight gets heavy? So no idea if its my quads or my hams which are the weak link. It has been mentioned it may be my Quads not playing ball, as I can RDL what I squat for sets + some....

Wednesday 21st August: Back and shoulders
  • Deads WU: Bar x some, 70kg x 5, 100kg x 3, 140kg x 1........160kg x 1 :D:D:D
  • Deads WS: 155kg x 2, 150kg x 3, 2. 140kg x 3, 3. 130kg x 5.
  • BOR: 3 x 8 x 70kg
  • OHP: 3 x 8 x 30kg
  • Arnolds: 3 x 10 x 12's
  • Side raises: 3 x 16 x 6's
  • Seated Curls: 14's x 8, 7. 12's x 10.
  • Face pulls (on lat pull): 25kg x 15, 32kg x 15, 39kg x 15. - Done nice and slowly, paused at face hurr)

Well. That was a grueling workout...155's did shift, probably would have done more without the er, extra rep I did prior to that.

Shoulders felt good today, no major niggles, just need to be mindful of where it's doing. I think I had DOMs in my back before deadlifts even finished :p

My leg also decided it wanted to explode all over the bar, so that's got a nice red tinge to it now:
Legcut-Deads_zpsbc421fc8.jpg

Deads went well, 160kg felt nice although it was definitely on the side of snap city. 155kg I'm pleased with, no idea what happened to the 3rd rep of the 150kg 2nd set, started swaying looking at the video but it just felt wrong so bailed it. Never mind :)

Videos uploading, it's going to take a while.

EDIT:
The 160kg is really close up, resolution on the phone had changed for some reason.

Last edited:

Thanks mate :)

Well, I had my hospital appointment today, went it, got ready, then got told there's some equipment missing for the machine.........Only had the appointment booked for a month? Wtf? Why is there not a stock list? Foogots.

So, after I've battered myself this week fitting fours days in to two I may go in tomorrow and play with my squat, not sure yet, possibly try for a max again.

Strong PB bru!

Widowmaker style sets and even in general higher rep work 20 reps & above built my quads up nicely.

They also prove a good test of mental strength too and also show you the endurance your legs are capable of.

Cheers dude!

The paused reps are to hopefully just improve everything with my squat, especially from the bottom position. The high rep set is naturally to brutalise me and make leg gains :p :(

Back
Top Bottom