Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

No it's not, it's from not knowing any better right now :p honestly even just sticking a triple Dropset of cable push downs at the end of that, hitting 10 - 15 reps each set would give you a massive pump that might actually stretch se muscle fibres, and won't upset your shoulder.

Never mind the weights, you're just not going to get a proper pump from that workout, never mind growth. And focusing on your triceps hard when your shoulder is fixing is only going to benefit you further down the line :)

Considering the push/pull downs can and do aggravate it already. You don't actually know what kind of pump I get so no idea how you can comment on that in all honesty.

I've had to cut down my chest days because of my shoulder, since doing that it's been feeling better.

I would agree in normal circumstances but this is working for me currently without breaking me every week and putting me back to square one.

EDIT: Thank you Quinnaay :)

:D

I really don't see your problem, I understand your advice and it's something I will implement, even Steedie has given me a chest workout but I can't do it until I'm healed up properly.

Certain movements aggravate my shoulder, A/C joint and other muscle insertions in to the thing, so doing them is not going to help the healing process.

If you're not already, flex your hip with the weight on your knees to lift it up to your shoulder. Basically 'kick' the weight up to your shoulders with your knees.

Decent session today despite waking up and feeling terrible, that seems to be the key to my success at the moment. Wake up knackered, get to the gym, gainz.

Deadlifts: 3 x 3 x 155kg, 2 x 3 x 145kg.
Followed by single arm cable rows S/S with chins, then drop sets of Seated Cable rows.

Chest today: something along the lines of 24's x 10, 9, then 20's x 12, 12. Still have issues getting the db's in to place, once they're at the top (arms extended fully) I'm generally fine, just getting them there causes a lot of aggro which meant I couldn't do the full 10 reps on the 24's :(

Finished with more chest press work and some supersetted tricep stuff.

Hate.My.Damn.Shoulder.

Friday 13th September: Back
Deadlifts: 160kg: 3, 3, 2 (fail 3rd), 140kg: 3, 3.
BOR S/S Chins 3x6x70kg / 4, 2(+3negs), 5 negs.
Seated Cable rows: 59kg x 12, 52kg x 12, 45kg x 12, 39kg x 14 (all S/S)

Pleased with the deadlifts, repped my 1RM, so I should be able to pull a 170 for a single.

Chins lol-worthy as usual, need to do some at home really.

Back
Top Bottom