Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Generally if your AC joint gets to a certain point of broken, there isn't much that can be done I don't think. It's been knackered since 2010 and it's still pretty knackered, so it's taken 3 threes to heal so far and counting!

Just need to keep working on it and hope for the best.

In all fairness, it hasn't taken Delvis' 3 years to heal, it's just that he neglected to see further professionals after his initial diagnosis for 2 years :p

Well, no, I saw someone about it, it fixed itself relatively well then it snapped again earlier this year, where I've attempted to see someone about it but I don't have the funds at the moment to carry on :p

Annoying me now though, attempted the 26's on incline DB bench, couldn't get them up without my shoulder feeling like it wanted to drop out of it's socket :(

I forgot only a handful of people are allowed to use the term snapped / snapped up, my apologies.

Nate, I don't literally mean snapped, just royally knackered. Moving slightly in bed on my back was causing me grief last night for instance.

Might ask syla5 to give me a hand next week with the 26's, ill see how it feels. Squat today where naff, ah well.

Last edited:
if I was you I'd rest it instead of pushing it! :) I had a problem with my shoulder when doing chin ups and lat pull downs.. left it alone for over a month and its been fine since..

Leaving something alone is not address the root cause of the issue. It'll eventually come back and cause serious damage. If you have a dysfunction with a joint or a muscle, resting it is more likely to cause more issues than fix them.

Leaving something alone is not address the root cause of the issue. It'll eventually come back and cause serious damage. If you have a dysfunction with a joint or a muscle, resting it is more likely to cause more issues than fix them.

What happened in my case was I simply lifted/pulled to much at the wrong angle and that caused the pain which for some reason wouldn't go away if I kept on training that part of the body..

I guess dovis has a different problem then?!

Back
Top Bottom