Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Yeah I warmup up with the bar then 30kg. I'll see how it moves next week, my assumption is I'm better on the lighter weights until it gets heavier (bearing in mind my 1RM is 50kg)

Yeah I warmup up with the bar then 30kg. I'll see how it moves next week, my assumption is I'm better on the lighter weights until it gets heavier (bearing in mind my 1RM is 50kg)

Possibly. There is also the distinct likelihood your brain is getting in the way of your training. ;) :D

If you can bench 70kg, pushpressing shouldn't be a problem. :)

I figured it's a different movement, different weaknesses in the joint etc. When I first knackered my shoulder I couldn't lift my hand over my head for instance.

I agree though, no confidence in the lift.

I figured it's a different movement, different weaknesses in the joint etc. When I first knackered my shoulder I couldn't lift my hand over my head for instance.

I agree though, no confidence in the lift.

So get some: it is you against yourself, after all. :D

Unless you take up Crossfit. Then it's you against hardbodies. :cool:

Friday 5th December: Back
WU: RDL x bar x some. Deads: 70kg x 5, 110 x 3, 120 x 1.
Deads: 4 x 3 x 140kg
BOR: (1 min rests) 5 x 4 x 75kg
Seated Cable Row (1 min rests): 5 x 4 x 66kg
SAR (30s rests per set): 5 x 4 x 32kg

Deads: Tasty, last few reps on the final two sets got a bit heavy.
BORs: Not sure on these, weight is heavy for me, to the point I'm almost using leg drive although I try not to currently. Also not sure if it's aggravating that back.
Cable rows: not bad
SAR: nom, felt these nicely.

Why 4 reps of SAR?

What is this exercise, and what does it do? Google says "stock appreciation rights" which - whilst I'm willing to acknowledge some people in some gyms may have some financial skillz - I do not think is correct. :(

And if BORs are killing your back, do chest supported rows, or whatever they're called.

Doesn't mean you should ignore your back, mind. ;)

Something like SAR isn't the sort of movement that will benefit from only 4 reps. I doubt you're getting any benefit from that.

And bro, you need to sort your time constraints out. Either you leave earlier and give yourself more time, or you train later in the day. Cheating yourself out of a good workout because you're rushing isn't going to get you anywhere

What is this exercise, and what does it do? Google says "stock appreciation rights" which - whilst I'm willing to acknowledge some people in some gyms may have some financial skillz - I do not think is correct. :(

And if BORs are killing your back, do chest supported rows, or whatever they're called.

Doesn't mean you should ignore your back, mind. ;)

Single arm rows. So hand on a bench bent over.

I may go to chest supported, I just need more core work I think, that or the deads then straight in to BORs isn't doing me any good. I would go from Deads to pulls/chins but my shoulder won't allow it at the moment.

Something like SAR isn't the sort of movement that will benefit from only 4 reps. I doubt you're getting any benefit from that.

And bro, you need to sort your time constraints out. Either you leave earlier and give yourself more time, or you train later in the day. Cheating yourself out of a good workout because you're rushing isn't going to get you anywhere

Bro, I meant low on time as in that was done in the last few minutes, I'd done Deads, bors and cable rows prior to these.

So what rep range then? 6+?

your assistance work doesnt need to be strength orientated. As Steedie said 8-10 reps is where its at for most assistance work.

I reckon the BORS could be less than 8-10, but i'd increase the reps on SAR and cable row.

But then I'm not as strong as these other guys so take that with a pinch of salt! :)

Back
Top Bottom