Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
Finally dedicated a wee bit of time and got phalanx down at least. Not sure where to go next, should I just stick to the same archstone until I get totally stuck or do you have the freedom to go where you want generally?
As above do 1-1 for each area but push for 2 if you think you can. You'll level naturally and be more prepared for what's to come.

Soldato
Thanks guys. How are you supposed to know when you're strong enough for some things though? There is a red eyed knight I don't think I can even sent on 1-1

Soldato
Thanks guys. How are you supposed to know when you're strong enough for some things though? There is a red eyed knight I don't think I can even sent on 1-1

That is all part of the challenge, some enemies will just be brutal (yet winnable) and some, you are probably going to just need to return at a later date unless you can cheese them :p

Soldato
That is all part of the challenge, some enemies will just be brutal (yet winnable) and some, you are probably going to just need to return at a later date unless you can cheese them :p

It does stress me out a bit not knowing if I will gimp myself. I recall using the phalanx demon for souls before I found out you can get abilities from some boss souls. Dunno how people managed without guides.
Talking of cheese, I'm currently arrowing the red dragon to death on 1-1

Soldato
I think not knowing is part of the appeal for me. The red eyed knight is a great example of it, he'll wreck you early on but he's a pussy when you've levelled up a bit. Just nope out when things aren't working and either level a bit or try different weapons etc. Either way everything is beatable.

Soldato
I just nuked him with missiles and he went down quite easily. I'm not researching builds and stuff I'm just ploughing into whatever stat I please, focusing on magic.
I can always do another playthrough I guess if I fancy a different focus.
Thing is you can miss out so many parts of the game because some npcs have strict conditions etc or require certain tendencies.

Soldato
Talking of cheese, I'm currently arrowing the red dragon to death on 1-1

It actually makes things a bit harder if you take him down too early.

I'm 50 odd hours in now. Still loving it. Took down another 2 bosses over the last couple of days. Fools Idol and Maneater.

Typically you will know if you are in the wrong place as enemies will 1 shot you (or kill you really easily) and they will be super tough to kill. I did 1-1, 1-2 then 4-1 because there's a really good bow. I struggled because I was a bit under levelled. I also found a NPC that you can save that I Iater realised becomes super useful in 4-2.

Soldato
I made a dent in 2-1, I opened up the lift short cut, and died due to stupidity and falling for a note that told me to run right through some lava :)
I suspect another joke message is in the nexus, on the left of the tutorial path bit is a crack in the wall with a message "precious treasure lies ahead" I'm thinking thats a prank one too.

I went back and killed the red knight on 1-1 with a few missiles, wasn't worth the effort, I'm assuming I get a key to open the door he guards later on.

Soldato
I started on old monk or whatever his name is last night. Meh. Got my ass kicked by invaders.

One guy back stabbed me from miles away on account of his sword being about 10 foot long! Lol.

I'm now doing a bit of farming as I'm feeling a bit underpowered in some situations. I bagged 504,000 souls for about an hours effort. Its a bit cheesy but ultimately I feel like I'm not going to earn enough during gameplay. I got all the way through 3-2 to the boss in one go and only had like 40k souls for my effort. So enough for 1 level up and some change at my current soul level.

Soldato
Having to fight a boss whilst getting attacked by other players sounds like bs anyways

No, the boss IS another player.

A player can invade and become this boss. I made 4 attempts last night and it was a different invader each time, with different weapons etc.

Makes it really tricky because you don't know what they can do or how hard they are gonna hit. Theres no patterns to learn or anything. Its total free for all!

Soldato
No, the boss IS another player.

A player can invade and become this boss. I made 4 attempts last night and it was a different invader each time, with different weapons etc.

Makes it really tricky because you don't know what they can do or how hard they are gonna hit. Theres no patterns to learn or anything. Its total free for all!

Ohhhhhh I see. Well I don't look forward to that, if I even get that far. I noticed every little bit helps though, I upgraded my rapier to +3 and it made a huge difference.

Update: I killed the spider boss in 2-1. Had a quick look at the other zones, I can tell I'm really going to hate the plague town one with the narrow paths.

Last edited:
Soldato
Made good progress in tower. Unlocked quite a few doors now. I'm assuming the keys I need to get the two npcs out ill find later.
Made the mistake of dropping down to get an item by the ballista.

Soldato
Made good progress in tower. Unlocked quite a few doors now. I'm assuming the keys I need to get the two npcs out ill find later.
Made the mistake of dropping down to get an item by the ballista.

The keys are dotted about. Theres one person you really need to kill before 3-1 boss fight (located off one of the towers) and in the same area you will find a special key. This releases one of the NPC's. The other - well it seems you can only get to that key later on in when in white tendency..........

I would definitely recommend you have a bow and enough strength/soul level to be effective before tackling the 3-1boss area.

There a pesky phantom near boss entrance but he can be easily cheesed if you have a bow...........

Approach slowly and the phantom will fire arrows at you without rushing you - you might not even be able to see him but you can hear the arrows - move left to right and you should dodge them. When you move up a bit further and you are in his bow range, there's a great bit of cover on the right. The phantom fires several arrows in a row then stops. Pop out from cover, and return fire (he might well be invisible so aim for where you saw his arrows coming from) then duck for cover. Rinse and repeat. Don't leave it too long to return fire or he will reposition and you will need to get his attention again.

With the 3-1 boss make sure you have a bow and sword available to use. Be super aggressive at start - run right up the middle and take as much of her life as you can with sword before she repositions. When she does, stand behind first right colum as you look back to where you came from. Don't waste time on her clones. Equip bow and shoot only the one who has the biggest projectile. Be wary as sometimes she (or a clone) will appear by the altar behind you. Keep checking and as soon as you see this run over and use sword for a few hits then run back to the column (don't try and drain their life bar - just a few hits will suffice). Also just slash down any of the wandering prisoners who come close, otherwise ignore them.

Keep doing that and you will down the boss eventually. If you are gonna try melee I would recommend stealth so as to try and avoid the shock traps, but trust me - bow is best!

Back
Top Bottom