Demon Souls PS5 Beginners Thread

Soldato
Just destroyed the Maneater, correction, just destroyed 2 Maneaters! What a hellish battle, not sure how I managed it to be honest! It is bad enough to fight one boss, but 2 at the same time? Wowsers!

I hated those metal roller skellingtons @Plainsong they would destroy me, and that clanking noise gave me the creeps! once you level up, you can one shot them ;)

Soldato
Just destroyed the Maneater, correction, just destroyed 2 Maneaters! What a hellish battle, not sure how I managed it to be honest! It is bad enough to fight one boss, but 2 at the same time? Wowsers!

I hated those metal roller skellingtons @Plainsong they would destroy me, and that clanking noise gave me the creeps! once you level up, you can one shot them ;)
You're cracking on with it fair play! I reckon you're through the worst of it. I'm working my way up to playing it again got some things I want to finish off then I'm going back in!

Soldato

Wow - well played. I have affectionately named the metal dudes "roller blades" :p I read somewhere that invaders can gatecrash a boss fight, maybe thats why you fought two? Or is two normal for that boss? :eek:

With roller blades, just put some scenery between you and them and they will stupidly roll against it whilst you use ranged attacks. Close up they are strong but seen some success with block, hit, roll techniques with longsword.

Timing needs to be impeccable though as they can break your guard and they cause bleeding.'Orrible little beggars!

Might go back and level up a bit - feeling like I'm not quite strong enough for 4-1 yet, notwithstanding that weird camera issue in the underground tunnel - its still taking 4-5 soul arrows to down a roller blade.

Soldato
Wow - well played. I have affectionately named the metal dudes "roller blades" :p I read somewhere that invaders can gatecrash a boss fight, maybe thats why you fought two? Or is two normal for that boss? :eek:

2 actual bosses, at the same time - I was about half way killing one, and thought well this is Easy...then another one shows up!

On one attempt one of them managed to get stuck under the bridge, so I could finish the other one off quite easily - I felt a cheese coming up but I couldn't find the angle to throw some cheesy arrows :p

Soldato
2 actual bosses, at the same time - I was about half way killing one, and thought well this is Easy...then another one shows up!

On one attempt one of them managed to get stuck under the bridge, so I could finish the other one off quite easily - I felt a cheese coming up but I couldn't find the angle to throw some cheesy arrows :p

I can just tell I'm going to be raging at this game. I was seething last night lol :p

But to be fair most times I get spanked it encourages me to try a different tactic, or I'm getting spanked because I'm doing the right thing but not good enough and I made a mistake. Cant blame the game for that.

Not withstanding the immortalised "tunnel incident" last night I find this game is actually really fair.

So far has been totally worth it.

Soldato
Another boss down! This time we have Old Hero vanquished! This one didnt seem as hard, basically wore the Thief Ring and light armour - In, attack, out, rinse and repeat. Few arrows and then, bam! Sayonara! How many bosses are left? I feel I have done a fair chunk, surely way over half

Not withstanding the immortalised "tunnel incident" last night I find this game is actually really fair.

So far has been totally worth it.

Agreed, it is fair, but I think you have to appreciate proper old school gaming tactics, nothing is handed to you on a plate, at all!

Soldato
Completed it! :eek:

It feels like such an achievement, had many moments of 'there is no way I am going to do this' and 'how am I supposed to do that?!'

One thing that has bugged me is, why is there a broken archstone? Has it got something to do with the path you take, or tendency? I didn't really understand the mechanics of tendency tbh, was too fixed on just trying to beat the damn game :D

Other games from now are now going to seem like a walk in the park, maybe :p

Soldato
Woop well done! Yeah it's a great feeling!

I started it proper this morning after having a couple of hours on it since launch day but wasn't ready to get really stuck in as there were other games I wanted to play first. I'm ready to play it now. Phalanx and Tower Knight down. Just gone into 2-1.

Soldato
Completed it! :eek:

It feels like such an achievement, had many moments of 'there is no way I am going to do this' and 'how am I supposed to do that?!'

One thing that has bugged me is, why is there a broken archstone? Has it got something to do with the path you take, or tendency? I didn't really understand the mechanics of tendency tbh, was too fixed on just trying to beat the damn game :D

Other games from now are now going to seem like a walk in the park, maybe :p

Nice one.

Im way off. Taken down 1-1, 1-2, 2-1and 4-1 bosses so far.

Got down to 2-2 boss but I'm not ready for that fight yet so I have been doing some farming on 4-2 because I'm sick of losing souls. Im still early in the game so 50k-60k souls is hard work to lose when I have done something silly like trying to block with a bow!! :p

Got some nice stuff sitting in storage for later use too, mainly all major souls so far, white bow, flame shield and compound long bow. Got crescent falchion too.

I'm going down a battle mage type road with my guy, seems to be working well. I have got total respect for anyone playing this melee only. Im struggling in places even with ranged abilities. I admit boss fights have been super cheesy because I always seem to find somewhere "safe" and use ranged attacks. But hey - the objective is to beat the game so if the tactics work, im gonna use em!! :D

I will do melee after I have learned more about the game and after I have git gud :p

Soldato
Just done 4-3 so that world has full white tendency now by the look of it.

Back to 1 to get through Tower Knight fog door. Managed to level up to something like soul level 63 so I'm doing ok. Nothing really that I'm struggling with at the moment.

Thoroughly enjoyable game.

Soldato
I am weirdly missing the world of Boleteria! Keep thinking about playing NG+

If they release Bloodborne with a PS5 patch, I am going to dive in and conquer that beast that I failed at miserably many years ago

Soldato
I am weirdly missing the world of Boleteria! Keep thinking about playing NG+

If they release Bloodborne with a PS5 patch, I am going to dive in and conquer that beast that I failed at miserably many years ago

Funny you mention that. I've had exactly the same thought. Still got tons to do in Demon's Souls first. Also need to go and carry on with Dark Souls 3 too.

Soldato
Never managed to finish any souls game but I always have fun with them. Bloodborne I got the farthest on but then I also played it the most. Still not really given this a chance.

Soldato
Took penetrator down yesterday.

But I think my game has a glitch. I have rescued Yuria and she returned to the nexus but didnt have any spells for sale.

After I took down penetrator she now has a curse weapon available to buy. But I have taken down armoured spider too and I have that soul but she doesent have the flame spell available. I know she only has spells for certain souls but armoured spider is definitely one she should give me a spell for.

Really frustrating. I took the spider down on my own in soul form - so no duping issues that I am aware of.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Soldato
Took penetrator down yesterday.

But I think my game has a glitch. I have rescued Yuria and she returned to the nexus but didnt have any spells for sale.

After I took down penetrator she now has a curse weapon available to buy. But I have taken down armoured spider too and I have that soul but she doesent have the flame spell available. I know she only has spells for certain souls but armoured spider is definitely one she should give me a spell for.

Really frustrating. I took the spider down on my own in soul form - so no duping issues that I am aware of.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Strange. Stupid question maybe but are you carrying the soul in your inventory when you talk to her?

Soldato
Yeah - tried having it on me and in storage. No dice.

Sage Freke picks up the fact I have the soul when I talk to him too. So I definitely have the soul :(

Also tried punching her up to turn her hostile and then seeking forgiveness. Still no dice.

Really annoying. Maybe there are some conditions to her selling spells that I haven't satisfied yet? But reading around I cant seem to see anything.

Soldato
Finally dedicated a wee bit of time and got phalanx down at least. Not sure where to go next, should I just stick to the same archstone until I get totally stuck or do you have the freedom to go where you want generally?

Soldato
Finally dedicated a wee bit of time and got phalanx down at least. Not sure where to go next, should I just stick to the same archstone until I get totally stuck or do you have the freedom to go where you want generally?

From my experience, I found going through world 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, then back around more or less etc to be the best way, get a taste of each world at the lowest level

Soldato
From my experience, I found going through world 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, then back around more or less etc to be the best way, get a taste of each world at the lowest level

So 1-1 basically means the area before the next return point like after you kill phalanx?
Also I equipped a bow but it says I do not have the right stats to be able to use it but I can't see actually what the requirements are.

Edit. Oh I see you press square.

Back
Top Bottom