DENIS

Associate
Nope, the optimized app will power through each task in about 3 mins, download the app and unzip the files from the folder that downloaded and put those 2 files in your DENIS project folder (be sure to quit boinc first) Project folder location: c:\program data\boinc\projects\denis.usj.es_denisathome\

Optimized App:
http://optos.sesef.pl/denis

Your 5930 will fly !!!! :)

Done lets see how it goes, thanks. Just put a wee OC onto the 5930k so its @ 4.1Ghz

UPDATE: wow that really does help. I'm now off to connect up my watercooling lines on my dual xeon build, gonna remove the hardline I've done to save myself time.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
By the way, for those who installed Sesef's original optimised app there is a newer version available that is faster :)

Also, linux versions are now available that have been speeded up, see their forum thread for links :)

Associate
By the way, for those who installed Sesef's original optimised app there is a newer version available that is faster :)

Wow, just wow ! Thanks pdw, popped those into the 3 pc's and the difference is obvious, didn't think it possible to increase the speed even more !

Currently 2:21 per task on main pc :)

Edit: Hmm, it's dropped back to around 3:15 per task now

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
There are some longer and shorter tasks being sent out, it was more noticeable that they were different when they took longer to do :)

I think (if I added up correctly) that I'm only running 8 at a time but on 4 different machines so I have a bigger buffer which might help with upload/download issues when their site (or ISP) is under load.

Associate
OH MY !

On a different note, why aren't my wu's automatically uploading? I have to keep going in and pressing update to upload results. This is just on my Midas rig my 5930k rig does it automatically.

Ahh, this was a problem that I had, good news is i fixed it, bad news is i don't know how ! I had problems with the work not downloading and not uploading, some others had these issues intermittently too (on denis forums). There was talk of the servers not coping with the constant traffic and calls for longer wu's.

In the end I uninstalled and removed every trace of boinc and denis then reinstalled and all's been fine. I also had an issue where MalwareBytes was quarantining the optimized app and i've since added the whole project folders as an exclusion.

This was the short thread in denis forums: http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/forum_thread.php?id=70

Associate
I've just turned off NFS as my other machines are only running DENIS and upload no problem. Seems that turning off NFS has allowed DENIS to work and upload wu's without issue.

Associate
I've just turned off NFS as my other machines are only running DENIS and upload no problem. Seems that turning off NFS has allowed DENIS to work and upload wu's without issue.

Interesting, now i did have CPDT as a second project on boinc initially (set to 0 resources) and that obviously came off when I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now i only have DENIS on there. I wonder if this is what fixed the problem for me too then.

Back
Top Bottom