*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
Dont get this urge for people to have their towers on the desk!!!!

Up until recently I'd always had the same view but I wanted a way to easily check my water loop wasn't leaking or needing topping up and after trying and failing to get a fill level sensor working I thought I'd give it a go.

One thing that always put me off was my perception that the system would be louder on the desk than under/next to it but running my fans around 800rpm it's barely audible from 2 foot away.

Obviously it works best if your case has a window/lighting etc but I really like it and as others have said it definitely makes a difference to dust build up.

Associate

all I can see is

CtABI6tVYAArbFN.jpg

Soldato
I've been trying a 42 (1080p) as an experiment 6 inches away

For first 2 hours I found it ridiculous and annoying

3 weeks later ... I find it fantastic ...

I think has made my decision easier of whether to go 21:9 or large 4k

I tried a 29 inch 21:9 first and for some games was ok but others not so great

I'm now using that for my music setup and for that purpose superwide is fantastic :)

Associate
I've been trying a 42 (1080p) as an experiment 6 inches away

For first 2 hours I found it ridiculous and annoying

3 weeks later ... I find it fantastic ...

I think has made my decision easier of whether to go 21:9 or large 4k

I tried a 29 inch 21:9 first and for some games was ok but others not so great

I'm now using that for my music setup and for that purpose superwide is fantastic :)

6 inches away? at that distance you wouldnt even see the whole screen

Soldato
Wow it's been a long time since I posted on this forum or took any pictures of my setup. Just spent three hours rearranging my things and cable tidying. Sorry about the image quality, don't have a DSLR at the moment or very good lighting.

Ls37Oeal.jpg

2pHFfY8l.jpg

Associate
Its been a few years since I Posted on this forum as well, but with the purchase of a new (2nd hand from MM) Corsair 240 Air case, I thought it was time to have a change around.

Excuse the pics, I don't own a camera, just my Xperia Z3

Yesterday

Transplanted the innards from the HAF932 in to the Air 240.

Today
Took the desk apart and swapped the the drawer on t'utha side.

The other side of the 'Office'

Geek Wall Art (My old P5Q-Pro now moved above TV/PS3)

:)

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks. Had it from new to go with my E8600 till last year when it died. I didn't have the heart to get rid so I spent a fiver on a frame and some small nuts'n'bolts and made that in memoriam as it was a great little 'board.

Associate
Thanks. Had it from new to go with my E8600 till last year when it died. I didn't have the heart to get rid so I spent a fiver on a frame and some small nuts'n'bolts and made that in memoriam as it was a great little 'board.

Where did you get the frame? Really interested in doing something like this as I have some old mobos still.

Associate
finally got round to put up Alex Units and worktop all from Ikea.

Cut the opening rear for Pc cables etc and Hole for fan mount (Exhaust) and reposition the selves hole and use metal pin holder that original came for the selves to slot in. So when closing, the door will sit flush.

Reposition fans in the pc, 2 in the front intake, 1 at the bottom intake, 1 at the rear out Exhaust and 2 at the top Exhaust

Associate
finally got round to put up Alex Units and worktop all from Ikea.

Cut the opening rear for Pc cables etc and Hole for fan mount (Exhaust) and reposition the selves hole and use metal pin holder that original came for the selves to slot in. So when closing, the door will sit flush.

Reposition fans in the pc, 2 in the front intake, 1 at the bottom intake, 1 at the rear out Exhaust and 2 at the top Exhaust

Associate
Tinkered again. Bought a NZXT Sleeved LED Kit (1m) for the case (which looks miles better than the cold cathode tube I had in it before) and also added my 2nd screen.

Back
Top Bottom