Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
I agree, matchmaking would be a nightmare for Raid and along with it the moans of 1000's giving it a bad rep.
I don't really get the hate this game gets. It has it's faults, but i certainly don't feel ripped off paying full price. I don't recall many games come out in the last year or two that have the same amount of content this game has. The dlc that is coming, does seem a little early, but this is confounded by the fact that the consoles could play the game 6 weeks earlier. At the time Bungie said that going forwards all content would be released at the same time for all platforms, meaning this time the pc players got a lot less time between updates.

Permabanned
I agree, matchmaking would be a nightmare for Raid and along with it the moans of 1000's giving it a bad rep.
I don't really get the hate this game gets. It has it's faults, but i certainly don't feel ripped off paying full price. I don't recall many games come out in the last year or two that have the same amount of content this game has. The dlc that is coming, does seem a little early, but this is confounded by the fact that the consoles could play the game 6 weeks earlier. At the time Bungie said that going forwards all content would be released at the same time for all platforms, meaning this time the pc players got a lot less time between updates.

I have enjoyed playing but this game really doesn't have a lot of content. They have parcelled half of it off for "expansions", which are not really expansions just DLC at most.

Soldato
What isn't good enough? You want everything handed to you so you can bumble your way through the raid? This isn't against you personally, so please don't take this the wrong way - but you didnt even know how to level, you got stuck at the very first slight hurdle despite lots pointers being given on powerful engrams, so please tell me how you would contribute to the raid? (You are not alone..etc)

Stuck? No, just not willing to invest the time so look for shortcuts. Barely even tried moving past 264 as I couldn't be bothered resorting to using websites for a lfg feature and got bored of the same public events for marginal gains. Should probably try the quests. LFG needs building into the game itself but they won't do it properly due to the limitations of the console crowd - it would all be automated due to the inability to type properly. It's almost like a game that could be great, but is hampered by a lack of feeling like you're online with others. They've somehow managed to make it almost anti social.

Soldato
drollic, It's not shortcuts, it's just how it done, most of which is still perfectly attainable for those who want to put in the absolute minimum. If it's the nightfall being locked off to you that bothers you so much, then perhaps you should use the guided game feature that would match you to 2 people in a clan that will take you through it. The game does tell you about this.... In fact the game pretty much holds your hand on almost everything.

Limitations to the console crowd? What are you babbling on about? This game has matchmaking for the events that NEED it, if you won't join a clan, won't try to participate then you are beyond help.

It needs chat yes, they acknowledged this very early on, they said it would be added, no point covering that again.

Time will tell if this goes from being a good game to a great game.

Man of Honour
So there is absolutely no way to buy the DLC separately, you have to buy the full pass?

Developers really are starting to take the **** these days, wtf is up with that? I want to buy the them individually as I doubt I'll be playing long enough to even care about the second DLC at this rate, but they know that applies for the majority so they're cashing in. Seriously EA and Activision are the scum of the games industry, I'd never normally wish anyone out of a job, but seeing EA or Activision go under would be immense, it will never happen though unfortunately

Regarding matchmaking, I've done the nightfall every week and always used the Guided game feature, because LFG sites are terrible and the lack of clan chat means finding a group in the clan is too difficult. It's always worked fine although I only have 4 nightfall tokens left, so when I run out, I'll just be stuck and not get to do it by the looks of it. How do you get more tokens?

Associate
So there is absolutely no way to buy the DLC separately, you have to buy the full pass?

I'm pretty sure when I went through my purchase there was the option for both the entire season or just the Curse of Osiris. I might be mistaken though.

Soldato
drollic, It's not shortcuts, it's just how it done, most of which is still perfectly attainable for those who want to put in the absolute minimum. If it's the nightfall being locked off to you that bothers you so much, then perhaps you should use the guided game feature that would match you to 2 people in a clan that will take you through it. The game does tell you about this.... In fact the game pretty much holds your hand on almost everything.

Limitations to the console crowd? What are you babbling on about? This game has matchmaking for the events that NEED it, if you won't join a clan, won't try to participate then you are beyond help.

It needs chat yes, they acknowledged this very early on, they said it would be added, no point covering that again.

Time will tell if this goes from being a good game to a great game.

See what I mean about the anti social part - I'm in the main ocuk one, but there's a complete lack of interaction in game to even know that. Limitations of console yes, nothing new. We'll see when chat is implemented and how long this takes - one full game on console, expansions on console, a second release now on PC and an expansion on PC, no chat. Do people really wonder why more don't play it and invest the time? You can have more interaction with an enemy player in overwatch than you can in this currently, beggars belief for a coop game. Thanks for the revive, oh wait, I can't, here's an emote featuring ramen.

Soldato
You also have a thumbs up and the flip out emote, which covers me for everything with randoms, if they added someone gyrating against a goat it would be golden.

People don't invest the time because it has little end game content, not because of the bile we are currently being spared of by having no general chat. Furthermore, for someone with so little knowledge of the game, how do you know this? You won't read up on resources designed to help you but you have access to all this data that tells you why people are not playing?

Funny you mention overwatch, considering how toxic that game gets in chat, I love seeing all the things some 14 year old is going to do to my mum after you kill him 3 times in a row, Oh the joy, can't wait for that.

You seem to be fixating on these niggles rather than just playing and enjoying the game, or if you don't enjoy it, uninstall it and get on with your life.

Want chat? ocuk discord
want help? forums/ocuk discord or plenty of guides
want matchmaking? It's already in the game or go to one of the many lfg/raid/group organisation sites (hint, OCUK IS ON IT)
Don't know how to level further? Read the milestones

If you choose NOT to use any of the resources available to you out of some misguided principle, then it's only you that's missing out.

I'm not even in the ocuk clan and quite a few of them have helped my clan out several times, they are a great lot but you need to make an effort to interact with them.

Permabanned
While all those resources are great the in game matchmaking/social features/interaction IS very very sub standard.

If I didn't have two monitors flicking to discord/other stuff constantly would be a royal pain. Even so its not ideal.

Soldato
I'm not sure if I'm just completely burnt out on Destiny 2 now but I can't even bring myself to log in to do the weekly stuff at the moment. Even the new stuff isn't really grabbing my attention. I think it was soured a bit for me as well because of the way they were sneaky with the xp gains.

Soldato
While all those resources are great the in game matchmaking/social features/interaction IS very very sub standard.

If I didn't have two monitors flicking to discord/other stuff constantly would be a royal pain. Even so its not ideal.

I hope it's not a common trend as the divisions implementation of chat and social interaction was just about acceptable, this is a backwards step.

Associate
I'm not sure if I'm just completely burnt out on Destiny 2 now but I can't even bring myself to log in to do the weekly stuff at the moment. Even the new stuff isn't really grabbing my attention. I think it was soured a bit for me as well because of the way they were sneaky with the xp gains.

Likewise, also buying DLC so soon after game release just doesnt sit right with me especially more than likely everyone will have nothing to do once again in 10 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom