Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
it's because I still feel *so* burned by Bungie and Destiny 2 that I feel reluctant to give them any more money (ultimately whoever I pay from D2 or CoD the same person gets the money). Look at the the first few pages of this thread. I was so excited to finally be able to play the game that had dominated the last few years of my gaming time on PC. I was so excited that, against everything I normally do, I pre-ordered the Legendary edition. I was such a Destiny fanboy that I would defend everything about that game...

Destiny 2 just felt like a slap in the face. For ever decent change they made the game took a thousand steps back. I just felt insulted. Then the two pitiful DLCS came out and made it even worse. The Dark Bellow and House of Wolves were far from stellar DLCs but they were much better than CoO and the Warmind DLC. In D1 I would spend hours grinding strikes/raids/heroics etc just to get that perfect Int/Dis rolled piece of armour - that was the fun part of the game to me. Getting a T12 armour set built around your class. The mod system in D2 had potential to be great and it turned out to be the most basic and boring thing they could've added.

I can rant for ever about how they ruined D2 to cater to people who would never play it for long enough to moan about the end game. But I just felt like they didn't care about the people, like myself, who grinded a lot. And I was far from a hard-hardcore player (had about 1000 hours - rookie numbers really). As much as I want my Destiny fix, they ruined the game so much from D1 that I really don't want to give them any more money

I got about 300 hours out of D2 up until I last played and despite that, and despite the fact I gave my PS4 away, I'd give anything to return to D1. Was the much better game. Now we just have token and lootbox as the main hook.

Fair point, if I'm honest a lot of what you want out of Destiny is back in.. random rolls are very much in. I'd say if you need convincing wait until you get a deal that you feel is an acceptable amount to pay, but I'm confident the changes are enough and significant to appeal to what you want.

I mean I'd have paid Forsaken money for them to delete the Osiris content :p

Associate
I requested an invite to clan - Prophet_3385 I think it'll show as o_O linked to my other Bungie account. Just recently picked it up for PC and having a right blast! Completely different experience to console version!

Soldato
I requested an invite to clan - Prophet_3385 I think it'll show as o_O linked to my other Bungie account. Just recently picked it up for PC and having a right blast! Completely different experience to console version!

Got it and accepted, make sure to get on discord as well :)

https://discord.gg/sNtDphD

How active is the Clan? Currently with a random bunch, would rather be with people I can communicate with. How would I go about applying?

Chili

Discord: https://discord.gg/sNtDphD
D2 Clan: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2468960

Quite active at the moment to be honest, loads still levelling.

On another note - I was tidying up a bit with the clan roster and the webpage bugged out and removed like 8 people randomly. I dont know who it did but if you find yourself clanless - request again, stupid website

Associate
@JunglistE Completely agree with you on Y1 D2, massive step back from D1. However, Forsaken is probably the best Destiny content they've done. Very much a TTK style DLC, but with even more depth. Obviously this comes at a cost, and that's your call. If you have the time, SkillUp has a review out on YouTube, that gives a great summary (you might want to split it up or play it in the background as its long!)

Associate
How active is the Clan? Currently with a random bunch, would rather be with people I can communicate with. How would I go about applying?

Chili
There's a rigorous application process with hazing, challenges and other random things we can think up of.

To start this journey young padawan you must join the discord and get involved.

Associate
There's a rigorous application process with hazing, challenges and other random things we can think up of.

To start this journey young padawan you must join the discord and get involved.

I'll quit this rando clan when I get back home and then send an application over from the app. I'll be on day time tomorrow for a short while. Cheers

Applied but haven't joined the discord yet, on the bus .

Associate
Absolutely loving this auto rifle, 'Scathelocke' at the moment, as it generates orbs upon multikills :D

Destiny-2-Screenshot-2018-10-14-23-29-02-86.png

Soldato
Is the clan very active then?

As I was thinking of playing again myself.

It has always had a core that did every activity and then low man raids, speedruns etc as well but its getting a lot more active now overall. We almost ran out of discord rooms last night!

Weekly raids, nightfalls, PVP (both QP and Comp) gambit etc etc

Last edited:
Associate
It has always had a core that did every activity and then low man raids, speedruns etc as well but its getting a lot more active now overall. We almost ran out of discord rooms last night!

Weekly raids, nightfalls, PVP (both QP and Comp) gambit etc etc

I just re-installed Discord. I see you have a large number of rooms there.

My current Clan is dead and has been for a long time.

Who would be the best person or persons to ask about joining the Clan?

Back
Top Bottom