Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Downloaded last night and I'm enjoying it, was going to get this on release and it just passed me by.
Good game should scratch that itch for some SP FPS fun for a while.

V F

V F

Soldato
80 gig! Must be a fantastic game then... guess I'll find out.

I need a bigger SSD. 250GB really isn't cutting it now. Take 3 games you want to play... Destiny 2 80GB, Doom 2016, 77GB or so and COD4 70GB at least. That's not counting Fortnite 18GB and Quake Champions 14GB at least.

Associate
I spent a couple of hours playing this last night, its such a pretty game especially at max everything 150% scaling and 21:9, the shadows and lighting and effects. But it feels like its missing something, I wonder if grouping up with other people will make it feel like more of a game.

Soldato
The tutorial was dire. All the epic music and nothing really epic happening, and some really bad dialogue. Only just completed the first mission to get my light back, thankfully my little drone thing is no longer depressed. Mobs seems to be very predictable and remind me of the first Halo. Not looking very good so far, but I wont give up just yet! Still interested to learn how it all works.

Soldato
Scratch that, just finished doing what it was doing. Runs pretty decent too, even on my ancient GPU. Put it on the 'High' preset and the tutorial ran smooth as anything. Got a sneaking suspicion I may have to dial some settings back later on though.

Associate
Still on the tutorial first part, I think it seems ok so far, not sure how it all works when in the game proper but looking forward to trying it out, performance seems great so far

Soldato
Downloaded this at the weekend. Didn't get playing until Sunday evening. Never been a fan of the Halo series which is what Destiny has always looked like to me. Glad to say, i've been very pleasantly surprised. The gun play feels really good. Even on the lower levels you get a good mess around with different weapons: Pistols / rifles /shotguns / smgs etc. Story is obviously very generic sci fi fair but it all looks good. Wish they explained the abilities more, i'm also not sure where the grenade indicator is.

Also is there a talent for having more control when jumping? I've put one point into it that gives me a sharp boost when double jumping but some of the platform sections I can easily overshoot and feel like I have no real control in the air to be more accurate.

Anyway, think I hit level 6 or 7 last night. Going to smash through the story and i'm hopeful a few guys I play PubG with will like this too.

Soldato
Also is there a talent for having more control when jumping? I've put one point into it that gives me a sharp boost when double jumping but some of the platform sections I can easily overshoot and feel like I have no real control in the air to be more accurate.

Different classes have different jumping abilities :)

Which one did you choose?

Soldato

I've found it one of the trickier ones to control.

You also get to change your jumping method throughout as well. I believe the warlock can change to "Blink", which teleports you a short distance.

Your current one is kind of a glide.

I'd definitely suggest looking up a guide on YouTube - there's quite a bit to all of the classes!

Back
Top Bottom