Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Snap
question? i have not `earned`stasis or strand so far(solo player and getting old :D.Anyone know if these are included in the final shape?
i did not earn void,solar or arc and have these since i started playing in 2019

void, solar and arc are at ikora, head over and see when we can play, there may be quests to do accociated with stasis and stand, but drop rates would have been buffed heavily, you may just need to spend glimmer to unlock everything. (a lot of glimmer some aspects are 50k)

Last edited:
Associate
I got in, completed the first mission and then got booted with a Battleye - bad packet error (never seen that before!)

Soldato
Managed to get in on Xbox and played the first couple of missions. Decidedly meh so far with the same gameplay loop repeated three times in a row… Not. Great start tbh.

Also the dialogue… eurgh. Mara, shut up and let me shoot Uldren (and glint…) ffs.

Plus I am finding it difficult taking the Funko pop / fortnight love child villain seriously at all. Ever since we first saw the witness I can’t help but chuckle at *That* being the final design they went with.

Maybe I am just grumpy today but really struggling so far to get into this expansion at all. There are some interesting concepts in there and the gunplay is as good as ever (console or pc) but, damn, they are making it hard.

(Not a spoiler as no content but, you can tell the moment when they ran out of CGI budget…).

Will carry on with the story tomorrow after I have cheered up somewhat and go in with a fresh pair of eyes (and got payroll done with a hope my laptop won’t blue screen in the middle and then the building suffer a power cut… yeah, did I mention grumpy at all??).

Associate
So I was going to try to catch up on the D2 story….but definitely not watching a 10hr video, I swear their can’t be more that a couple of hours story at best from what I recall when playing.

Soldato
So I was going to try to catch up on the D2 story….but definitely not watching a 10hr video, I swear their can’t be more that a couple of hours story at best from what I recall when playing.
1. A big ball thing appeared in the sky with magic powers and they've never explained what it is. It's probably in the Grimoire but I'm not reading all that.
2. The guardian used to fight the Vex, Hive, Fallen, Awoken, Cabal and taken but now we're all pals with the some of the Fallen, Awoken and the Cabal after a little Thomas the Tank Engine guy turned up.
3. Thomas doesn't like the big ball thing so he went inside it to mess it up.
4. We've chased him in there.

Spoiler...although not really because everyone must know this bit by now...
In between, they killed off Cayde 6 and now they've had to bring him back after realising that they've not actually got any other interesting characters.

That's it, the rest of the story is filler.

Last edited:
Associate
I enjoy Bfy's videos but I often watch them at 2x speed. They could easily be cut down but it's part of his vibe.

Completed the campaign solo on legendary today, time to work on the post missions now. Campaign was good overall I think currently. The boss fight structure became a bit repepative in the three phase, match symbols, dunk balls kinda way. Had a lot of good fights though and I did struggle a bit on some when I didn't play defensive enough. After not playing in years it's been a good come back so far.

Edit:
:D

Last edited:
Soldato
First day was a mess logging in, kicks and contacting servers, managed to do the story to a point, level up required to to the rest, yesterday was ok getting on and today was ok until the maintenance kicked in, lets not forget the servers have been getting hit much harder since FS released, player counts on steam have been x3 more than normal, not to mention console players, peak i saw on day 1 314k logged on steam which is 2k off the all time player peak. Stick with it as having done the story i can tell you its as good as witch queen if not better imo, well worth doing despite the server issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah will be sticking with the game,strand and stasis not endowed for me though :(.
I was not good enough at the time to finish the missions required (still not lol :D ) overall a fun game for me
EDIT
Found i can do these missions,got stasis yesterday.bit easy with high powered weapons and stats.Still ilike it! Just got to get strand now.Hope this will be as easy :D
:)
2nd EDIT
Got Strand now too :D
Still stck on the Mission.will have to powerup a LOT i think :(

Last edited:
Associate
For those at that stage the raid has been beaten and the final mission is available, top right of the Pale Heart. Worth doing!

Associate
Bah, I folded. Thought I’d pick up D2 and have a quick blast through what remained of the Witch Queen missions and ended up buying The Final Shape, now need a quick run through the Lightfall campaign as well before starting FS.

Soldato
A word of caution on lightfall, compared to witch queen and final shape dlc's lightfall is a disappointment in all honesty, though you do get strand abilities which is it's only redeeming feature, by all means play it, fast and move on to Final Shape.

Server maintenance starts at 2pm UK time today and ends around 6pm on reset, bungie said there maybe a download to do so keep an eye out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom