Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
solo normal story

some parts are tricky, but playing your life it should be ok, only sticking point for me are tormentors, you need to pop there shoulders first then hit em hard in the abdomen to take them out, easy said then done as when you pop there shoulders they chase after you, in those encounters focus on all the adds first when they are gone and its just the tormentor it makes moving around so much easier.

Associate
A word of caution on lightfall, compared to witch queen and final shape dlc's lightfall is a disappointment in all honesty, though you do get strand abilities which is it's only redeeming feature, by all means play it, fast and move on to Final Shape.
That was the plan, blow through Lightfall and then start Final Shape. Clearing Witch Queen picked up some nice upgrades, sitting around 1930 light at the moment, Lightfall should see me to softcap.

Liked the Legends feature nice way to catch-up on the story.

Soldato
19030's not bad at all your almost at the soft cap of 1940, to get to the power cap of 1990 you'll need to compete activites in game that award powerful gear, tier 1,2,3, that will then get you upto 1990 and then you need to focus on pinnacle activites to get to the 2000 cap.

pretty easy to get to 1990 base, you'll have your artifact power on top which should get you over 2000 total, or grind base power up and then total will be north of 2020.

ran titan first managed to get to 2000 with artifact power of 11 (gear drops at 1989)
solo'd story on hunter at got to 2001 again with artifact power of 11 (gear drops at 1990)
warlocks gonna need some love soon 1981 total :(

reset at 6pm so all sources of engrams will be avalible to claim again on each charicter too.

Last edited:
Associate
Not so easy to boost power level if you play solo, most of the pinnacles require a fireteam or raid (unless you are dungeo/GM soloing machine, which I most definitely am not!). I think I missed a trick by doing the campaign on normal, I didnt realise legendary gave higher power level stuff. I assume playing multiple characters also helps as the powerful/pinnacles are available on each character? Its been a long time since I played anything other than my hunter.

Associate
Still enjoying the new expansion more than I thought I would. It's still annoying coming back after years when it comes to materials, in that I don't have any :D Looking forward to the raid tonight which will be good, contest mode looked nuts.

Need to get the campaign done on the other two characters at somepoint as well. The thing that I had to relearn with the legendary campaign was to hold back and play it safe a lot more than I tend to. I'm out of practice :D

Soldato
Not so easy to boost power level if you play solo, most of the pinnacles require a fireteam or raid (unless you are dungeo/GM soloing machine, which I most definitely am not!). I think I missed a trick by doing the campaign on normal, I didnt realise legendary gave higher power level stuff. I assume playing multiple characters also helps as the powerful/pinnacles are available on each character? Its been a long time since I played anything other than my hunter.

Your right with multiple charicters, you max out your first then when you play 2 or 3rd the power grind starts where your first charicter ended up at, my titan ended up at 1989 base so when i started my hunter, the first mission dropped armour at 1989 a massive boost from 1900 that i had on, then when you run powerful/pinnacle you boost up quick.

dungeons are a part of that grind and fireteam finder in game is a very good place to ask for help if you want to run them, barring that playing vanguard, crucible and gambit all award powerful/pinnacle loot and the new onslaught mode with in vanguard all reward higher power gear.

if you get lucky when your playing you can get a random pinnacle engram to drop and exotics can drop too, all are 3-4 more than what power your at

Soldato
Still enjoying the new expansion more than I thought I would. It's still annoying coming back after years when it comes to materials, in that I don't have any :D Looking forward to the raid tonight which will be good, contest mode looked nuts.

Need to get the campaign done on the other two characters at somepoint as well. The thing that I had to relearn with the legendary campaign was to hold back and play it safe a lot more than I tend to. I'm out of practice :D

4th encouter in the new raid is the hardest part, i havent played it yet as i dont normally raid unless i want a item or a milestone to complete, seeing top level players doing it and struggling is mad, average runs are in the 4-5hrs even after contest mode has ended.

Last edited:
Associate
4th encouter in the new raid is the hardest part, i havent played it yet as i dont normally raid unless i want a item or a milestone to complete, seeing top level players doing it and struggling is mad, average runs are in the 4-5hrs even after contest mode has ended.

E4 seems this weird, very simple but yet hard to explain well. I've seen some very poorly worded guides. There does seem an easy but slower way where inside you collect the same symbols first and then pass them out. ie. So you try and get three circles to start with then you know the other statues just need one each. Outside you kill the knights and dunk the shapes people call for. Good chunk more to it than that but that does seem to cover the main section.

A few like Gigz did try solo E5 runs and got to damage but think doubles will be possible. It might be possible having one person do all the mechanics while everyone else add clears :D

Soldato
The whole expansion co-op. The expansion is so difficult playing solo can be a nightmare

i solo'd legend until the last mission, decent was a real pain but i managed it, will do the last mision in duo or as a 3 to get it done

Not a popular decision imho ,at least for me,solo all the way,i play for fun :(

same here i was annoyed that the mission is a 2 player requirement, every other exotic mission before this could be done solo or in groups, but this is a step to far from bungie, all the mechanics and the timer just makes this mission a no go for me, make it soloable or remove the timer so it takes the pressure off, the amount of ad's that spawn and given how tanky they are to takle down is more than enough.

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
was a real shock when we all heard, there were vigils in game where players would load into the tower and gather around zavala in the tower, very somber couple of weeks when we all came to terms with his passing, really nice tributes on socials and from bungie direct.

Indeed there were. Never seen so many guardians in one place before, and it was the last time I played.

Give us D3 please Bungie.

Associate
Done with the main Lightfall story, PL1947 so ready for TFS. Played some crucible as well, didn’t go nearly as bad as I expected managed to win more than I lost. Need to start looking at equipping some augments to my armour to improve my cooldowns etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom