Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Full copy pasta from the weekly update:

Early Access for the Destiny 2 PC Beta begins at 10 AM Pacific on August 28, 2017. The following is a list of confirmed issues that may impact gameplay:

• Players may encounter issues when playing the Destiny 2 Beta with drivers that are out of date. Updating drivers to the latest version grants the best experience when playing Destiny 2 on PC.

• The Destiny 2 Beta may not run when installed to a folder with some localized character types in its name (e.g. Greek, Cyrillic, Kanji, etc.). Players should ensure that they install the Beta to a path that does not include these character types, or use the default install location.

• Players may encounter issues when joining the Fireteam of another player on their same local area network. Players who encounter this issue should ensure that they have UPnP enabled in their network settings.

• MSAA is still under development. As such, players may encounter various issues including visual artifacts and performance degradation when using MSAA.

• Multi-GPU support is still in development. Players may encounter issues including visual artifacts and performance impacts when using NVIDIA SLI. AMD Crossfire support is not available in the Destiny 2 PC Beta.

• The Destiny 2 Beta must be launched from Blizzard’s Battle.net app. If players launch the Beta client directly from the executable, they may receive an error message or the Destiny 2 Beta client may become unresponsive. Players who encounter this issue should close the Beta client through the user interface or by pressing Alt+F4, and proceed to launch the Destiny 2 Beta using the “Play” button in the Destiny 2 tab of the Blizzard app.
GeForce GTX: If players wish to have the optimum experience in the Destiny 2 PC Beta, they can download and install NVIDIA’s new Destiny 2 Beta Game Ready Driver.

The PC Key-mappings are customizable, so you can map them out to fit your personal play style.

^ Obvious feature TBH. Default key mapping:

08242017_pc_beta_controls.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I wonder what 'air move' is?

For a default setting of controls, that's not too bad actually. I'll end up mapping melee and grenades to my mouse side buttons but other than that, it looks OK.

Not sure how I'll have my super mapped. Maybe even something stupid like A and D at the same time

Soldato
That's still a thing? I really wanted one when it first came out but never bought one. Take it you like it then?

You should get it on PC over consoles anyway, it'll be the best experience. However, my fear is player-count. Lots of PC gamers seem to be ignoring this game due to missing the first so i hope it's not going to suffer from having <20k players

Yeh that's my worry on PC, that and i would miss out on the bonuses from having Destiny 1 (on Xbone).

Lol the Hydra is awesome. I don't use it for ages then I go back to it and it reminds me why I bought it. Ones you are used to it, FPS games just play better.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Air move is the quick dash some supers have.

Ah, can't remember if Arcstrider made use of that. But with the news that
The Taken King classes are back chances are I'll be a nightstalker main

Yeh that's my worry on PC, that and i would miss out on the bonuses from having Destiny 1 (on Xbone).

Lol the Hydra is awesome. I don't use it for ages then I go back to it and it reminds me why. Ones you are used to it, FPS games just play better.

Yeah, I'm really hoping it has a healthy player count and friendly community on PC as community is one of the best Destiny aspects. Made many good friends through that game.

Soldato
The PC beta preload for preorders is now live, it's 16GB. If you haven't got a code yet you really should be chasing it up with your vendors' support helplines. They should have all been sent out by now.

Soldato
I'll double dip (ps4 order all ready will get pc too) in end stayed with ps4 for few reasons the community I have met through it all ready not all are swapping over, I suspect it will have a bugger user Base too.

Whilst I know the pc version will be technical better in all aspects and easier to play to a degree I feel playing it with people I have in the past for me will be more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom