Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Destiny 1 in its current state is amazing but it was a bit of a howler at launch. Very barebones with nothing to do and justified its poor reviews. Now it's one of the best games around.

It's very similar to Diablo 3's path, that had a rough start with lots of terrible design decisions but the expansion overhauled it for the better.

Didn't help that the storyline got butchered last minute. Looks like they have stepped it up a notch with D2, if all the story missions are like the beta mission then it will be awesome!

Will someone be creating an OCUK clan / guild at some point?

I'm sure they will, but I imagine that there will be a big following on the OCUK Discord as per PUGB / The Division etc

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Oh I totally agree and I think Bnet is good but the fact remains that both wow and d3 run into issues with new updates, i'd love to be wrong and this isn't putting me off in the slightest but it's better to be realistic/manage expectations!

Legion was the best expansion release by far. Zero lag in comparison to the poo show that was Draenor.

Soldato
Thats the only 1 I didn't play but if that launched without a hitch then well done to them, every other had massive queues and downtime. As Knives pointed out the console beta went well, I did have 1 problem where it wouldn't download the configuration file but that was hotfixed within 30 minutes.

All in all, it's looking promising.

Soldato
OP
Console beta went fine for me on PS4. Typically when they release new expansions it's been fairly stable.

edit
15 minutes of leaked footage

Last edited:
Associate
Someone on Reddit got some updated PC beta info:

The Destiny 2 Beta pre-load starts on Friday, August 25, 2017. Beta Access will be granted on Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10AM Pacific.

Your Beta key will appear on the Humble download page you received at checkout.

Destiny 2 - Beta Key Redemption Instructions

PC beta codes can be redeemed on Bungie.net through the Destiny Code Redemption Form. Players will need to be signed into a valid Bungie.net account to finish the code redemption process.

Select PC as your platform of choice and then you will be given a Battle.net code, or you will be asked to return later once codes are available.

After getting your Battle.net code, go to Blizzard.com/code to redeem.

You must download the beta to your PC via Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service.

Soldato
Legion was doing better than Draenor on release (over 10m subs). LK had ~12m iirc. Check your figures pal.

OK, I'll bite.

The last official published subscriber figures were 5.5 mil in September 2015.

c609208a2c09a2fd313eaaf57ecf3ea9

c609208a2c09a2fd313eaaf57ecf3ea9.png

When Legion launched Tom Chilton (game director for WoW at the time) claimed to a Polish Magazine that they had slightly more subscribers at 10.1 million than the launch of Warlords of Draenor at 10 million subs, that specifically meaning people purchased the expansion with 1 months subscription time.

Shortly after Tom Chilton gave this interview, Blizzard denied figures had reached such numbers. (Link) citing
Blizzard Rep said:
This was a misquote, or some kind of misunderstanding on the part of the journalist

After the first month of launch during WoD it went into sharp decline as figures show above. Warlords continued to drop sharply there after to its poorest numbers ever after the heights of WotLK, which also led (in part) to Blizzards decision to cease publishing subscriber figures.

A few months ago in May, Blizzard had it's "Activision Blizzard Earnings Call" (Link) During it's Earnings Call and regarding Legions performance it said
Blizzard Activision said:
Legion's overall performance is slightly ahead of the prior expansion.

I'll go the extra mile for you, and also inform you that after the Blizzard Earnings Call, MMO Champion pulled data from the number of players active at level 110 with some form of Artifact power.
MMO-Champion said:
This data set includes 4.5 million Level 110 characters active in the last month, across the US and EU.

I'm quite confident my figures are correct.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
So the release was better due to lack of subs, not because of their advances in server technology. Nice /s

What about the players that aren't 110? Players currently levelling? New players that have joined for say patch 7.2/7.3?

Their latest Earnings Call states Legion continues to outperform the prior expansion (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Charhound-and-Gloomhound-Investor-Call-Tweets)

I very much doubt there is currently less than 5.6m concurrent players on Legion at the moment.

Soldato
I very much doubt there is currently less than 5.6m concurrent players on Legion at the moment.

No doubt there are more than 4.5 mil playing, including levelers as you said, but they won't count for many.

It also doesn't take into account Asian servers, although they are much less popular.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'd hazard a guess at saying there's about 6-7mil players on Legion at the moment.

It is a very good expansion no doubt, but it is somewhat a big grind, especially with the AP farming. Even more so with patch 7.3 due out any minute.

I recently quit playing so hopefully Destiny 2 will fulfill my MMO itch.

Back
Top Bottom