Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
It kills me to say this but I've cancelled my limited edition pre-order. After completing the endgame on PS4, I have absolutely zero interest at this stage of working through the same content on PC. If PC had ranked matches, leaderboards or some kind of tournament system for PvP I would be all over it in a heartbeat, but at this stage there will be nothing to do after a week.

I'm going to wait until the content for the first DLC is revealed before I consider coming back.

Associate
Must admit I have been reading a lot of reddit and various forum posts regarding the Destiny 2 endgame and it seems terrible :( Considering I have booked 2 weeks of work for this it's making me think otherwise now :( So many aspects and QoL changes have been missed from Destiny 1 and ignored in Destiny 2.

Man of Honour
It is increasingly seeming like the hype for this has turned into wholesale disappointment. At this point I find myself wondering if this is going to be a flop with the PC playerbase. Will this be one time where PC owners not getting a title until a month after console owners will prove to be a good thing?

Soldato
Must admit I have been reading a lot of reddit and various forum posts regarding the Destiny 2 endgame and it seems terrible :( Considering I have booked 2 weeks of work for this it's making me think otherwise now :( So many aspects and QoL changes have been missed from Destiny 1 and ignored in Destiny 2.

This is exactly the problem. Rather than expand on all of the great changes implemented in D1 between year 1 - 3, Bungie have pretty much released vanilla D1 again + new content. All longevity has been removed from PvE and PvP now, which makes no sense at all.

You can pretty much bet your house on Bungie repeating the D1 timeline all over again. Firstly, acknowledge the blindingly obvious shortfalls before DLC1 and then secondly, drip feed all of the content/features etc that should be there anyway through paid DLC's. It's just another way for Activision and Bungie to make money from the masses.

I still can't believe after 3 years+ of Destiny, Destiny 2 on release doesn't have any of the following:

PvE

Two or more raids with one catering towards casual players and the other to hardcore players (with massively increased difficulty/mechanics/grinding)
Strikes with unique loot tables and weapons/armour/mods
Raid/strike gear with unique perks e.g. if you have 2 of the 4 pieces you get a bonus of some kind
Profession system e.g. Tailoring/blacksmithing from WoW
Auction house or trading system

PvP

Ranked (flattens all perks to make it even and minimise gear advantage) and non-ranked matches (anything can be used)
Leaderboards
Clan matches like Halo 2

The lists are endless but Bungie are so out of touch with what the community wants/needs it's actually hilarious and irritating in equal measures.

Associate
Makes me quite sad it really does and this was one of the games I was most hyped about especially coming to PC, I will still play it but I certainly don't have very high expectations now.

Only real reasons I can see them leaving out so much is as you said to drip feed it to us via DLC.

Soldato
OP
Makes me quite sad it really does and this was one of the games I was most hyped about especially coming to PC, I will still play it but I certainly don't have very high expectations now.

Only real reasons I can see them leaving out so much is as you said to drip feed it to us via DLC.

It's just a shame. By the end of Y3 Destiny had so much to do. But by all counts D2 sounds worse than D1 Vanilla as once you play the content there was nothing to do.

I remember last year one day I spent best part of 10 hours grinding the Heroic strike playlist with a friend(I had got so many legendaries and exotics that day!). By the sounds of things that isn't possible without feeling burned out in D2.

I really hope they bring back random weapon rolls. It made getting duplicates worth it.

Soldato
OP
I'm not going to cancel it as I have faith that it will come good. It just seems the D2 development team paid no attention to all the progress the Live team made. I just hope we aren't waiting for a TTK style release before it's all fixed.

Soldato
Same. I'm so close to refunding it, but part of me still wants to play it because it's something we haven't had on PC.

I was exactly the same... I was really looking forward to this but for the past couple of weeks I simply don't care about playing it. I have it on PS4 and have not gone back to it. Gun mechanics are great but I just can't be bothered.

Anyway got a refund on my ltd edition.

Soldato
Honestly I think some of you are just reading/focussing on the negative aspects, half these criticisms are down to players burning through stuff by playing non stop since release.

It does need more stuff, it has got lots of things to improve but it's far far far superior to d1 on release (so it should be tbh), it's a lot of fun if you just enjoy the game for what it is and don't think about rushing to the finish line.

I'd say it's got at a minimum 30 odd hour playtime with the campaign, side quests, trying all events and a bit of PvP.

I can imagine it getting tiresome solo quicker but that's just my opinion.

Associate
Although after reading up a little the game is a disappointment compared to what was achieved with D1, I'm just going to treat this as just another game to play for a week or 2 like normal, then move on to AC: Origins on the 27th. There is so much to play at the moment anyway.

Soldato
Although after reading up a little the game is a disappointment compared to what was achieved with D1, I'm just going to treat this as just another game to play for a week or 2 like normal, then move on to AC: Origins on the 27th. There is so much to play at the moment anyway.

Agreed content will come, currently making my way through shadow of war and evil within 2. Should work nicely once Destiny 2 releases, then agreed might pick up the new AC depending on how it does.

Soldato
Honestly I think some of you are just reading/focussing on the negative aspects, half these criticisms are down to players burning through stuff by playing non stop since release.

It does need more stuff, it has got lots of things to improve but it's far far far superior to d1 on release (so it should be tbh), it's a lot of fun if you just enjoy the game for what it is and don't think about rushing to the finish line.

I'd say it's got at a minimum 30 odd hour playtime with the campaign, side quests, trying all events and a bit of PvP.

I disagree. I played D1 from the alpha all the way through to the final DLC's and D2 just does not have the draw or addictiveness that D1 had. I picked up D2 on release but didn't play it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. After the raid I pretty much just stopped playing.

I think the negative aspects of the D2 base game far outweigh the positives now. The sheer lack of content is comical. Even more so when you consider all of the missing QoL features from D1.

Soldato
OP

But that's the problem. It shouldn't just be far superior to Year 1, Vanilla Destiny. It should be better than the final Y3. I haven't played or watched anything since the PC beta but it seems stripped back in many areas.

Even the skill tree looked woeful. I thought it was just that way in the beta. Plus i'm sour/bitter that they seemed to have made Hunters useless. Yay, a dodge.

Soldato
I think it's funny that you are against d2 for lack of content, but d1 gets a pass on that? d1 had nothing but the very limited grind and it was SLOW for an extremely long time

I enjoyed d1, put a lot of time into it but I think people are forgetting how meh it was on release.

It doesn't matter tbh, if you don't like, then don't buy it/cancel your pre-order take to the forums..etc..

As i've said a number of times so i'll go with the short version - it should be better than it is, but it's still good (excellent if you have limited game time) It's gone backwards in a few ways like the skilltree and removing random weapon rolls but I appreciate that's personal preference and I can understand why it's changed.

The good thing is, the DLC is not far off, they have promised lots of content to come - could be bs but they eventually got it mostly right with D1 so i'm happy to give them time.

On a personal note, this is kinda perfect for me, i've taken a few days off to play with mates to do the bulk of it and then it's something i'll dip in and out of each week because it's fun - not because I have to grind the same strike 50 times so I don't get left behind.

Soldato
Im gonna get a refund on this game and wait for a bit. At least until the new DLC comes out as there doesnt seem to be much content right now. Any idea how i do this on the Blizzard website guys?

Soldato
OP
Yes D1 didn't have lots of content on release but the random weapon/armour rolls made it worth while replaying the same content.

I enjoyed the grind as it was worth it when you got that unique roll that suited your style. I'm not cancelling my pre-order and I've got the week off for release. It just sucks a bit that they seemed to have made the game a mile wide and an inch deep.

Back
Top Bottom