Destiny 2

Associate
Caporegime
It wasn't necessarily figuring out the rotation but controlling the flippin' gliding. My wizard seemed to be all over the place. It's been six months+ since I played Destiny 1 so was like a fish out of water trying to remember how to control movement in the air. :D

Associate
Our clan is looking for new members to run in D2 on the PS4 as a few of us have dropped out with work/family commitments. We were 6, now down to 3. We pretty much-run raids on Friday/Saturday evenings (10.30 to the small hours) and run crucible in the week too. We're a bunch of 30-40+ somethings who have look to have good fun and a laugh, nothing too serious. Is it ok to put the clan name on here if people are interested and not in an OCUK team?

Soldato
Our clan is looking for new members to run in D2 on the PS4 as a few of us have dropped out with work/family commitments. We were 6, now down to 3. We pretty much-run raids on Friday/Saturday evenings (10.30 to the small hours) and run crucible in the week too. We're a bunch of 30-40+ somethings who have look to have good fun and a laugh, nothing too serious. Is it ok to put the clan name on here if people are interested and not in an OCUK team?

Hello 30something dad here. Friday night raiding sounds perfect for me. Got another mate who is older but more immature who may also be up for it.

Joining the clan is may be too formal . But add me for some ad-hoc raiding :)

PSN Puki85

Soldato
Yeah the raids and pvp "nights" we do are a right laugh. That is what makes the game tbh.

I can't wait to get my mitts on the next relic so I can troll everyone off ledges again.... :D

Associate
Hello 30something dad here. Friday night raiding sounds perfect for me. Got another mate who is older but more immature who may also be up for it.

Joining the clan is may be too formal . But add me for some ad-hoc raiding :)

PSN Puki85

Ok great, my PSN tag is Razer_73, lets see who gets to the add button first... :)

jpm

jpm

Associate
Yeah constantly in the red when running back and fore the teleport points :D

My thing was blowing myself up with a rocket because someone popped a titan bubble just as I shot a rocket off or ran in front of me :p

But I am pretty awesome with the sword on CE :D

Soldato
Maybe I had too high expectations, but the more I see of D2, the less I want to play it. The new crucible is pretty awful, it's neither slick and sweaty (oo-er) or fun action, it's just a horrible mishmash of in between.

Should have stuck to 6v6 for casual play and 3v3 for sweaties.

Soldato
I have read this will be locked 30 fps even on the xbox x. Mightily disappointed if it is.

Anyone heard different?

Its confirmed 30 fps limit on consoles, think its uncapped fps on pc. 30 fps 4k on PS4 pro. Last I read Bungee were "evaluating 4k on xbox one x" but as the xbox one x is out after Destiny they're concentrating on the launch for now.

60 fps would be nice but everyone seems obsessed with 4k these days. Basically these consoels arent powerful enough to run DEstiny 2 at 60 fps and "1080 doesn’t help. CPU bound so resolution independent.”

Caporegime
I don't understand this CPU business. From what I can gather, most PC games are written using only one or two threads and you can get any framerate you like depending on GPU. So why are these consoles with six cores not able to manage the same feat? Are devs not utilising all the cores properly or are they really that weak that six threads at once on Jaguar cannot match two threads on a Core i3?

Soldato
I don't understand this CPU business. From what I can gather, most PC games are written using only one or two threads and you can get any framerate you like depending on GPU. So why are these consoles with six cores not able to manage the same feat? Are devs not utilising all the cores properly or are they really that weak that six threads at once on Jaguar cannot match two threads on a Core i3?
This is a good video to watch for your confusion. Ultimately though, you'd have to argue that Bungie's tech just isn't as good as something like Frostbite, nor does it aim to be as they probably want to limit any variation in performance, particularly for PvP.

Back
Top Bottom