Destiny 2

Soldato
Has it been 'confirmed' it's coming out for PC? I've only seen rumours so far, played for hours and hours on the PS4 but would love to see what it would be like on PC.

Again, mostly rumours but where there is smoke...

If it comes to PC I'll buy it on there and maybe a spare copy for PS4. If it doesn't I may treat myself to a PS4 Pro and get it on that.

Associate
Again, mostly rumours but where there is smoke...

If it comes to PC I'll buy it on there and maybe a spare copy for PS4. If it doesn't I may treat myself to a PS4 Pro and get it on that.

I hope so, if it comes out for PC I'll be buying it day one. I don't agree with their business model, but I did enjoy the base game and DLC - the loot caves were great!! ;D

Edit: Example of 'loot cave' fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXH0z10_AeM&index=16&list=PLDf0hJTSKcLaFWbDLQvLRBCz5R5y8Adi4 (Photosensitive warning)

Soldato
Don't know how i feel about this. Played Destiny for a while when it first came out, really enjoyed it then got bored and never bothered played any of the expansions after.

Soldato
Don't know how i feel about this. Played Destiny for a while when it first came out, really enjoyed it then got bored and never bothered played any of the expansions after.
The expansions are great, taken king and rise of iron adding tons and easily worth the price, the original two felt to me like they purposefully cut them from the main game so don't really add allot but still worth playing. I'd go back to it, it's cheap enough to buy all the DLC now anyway

Soldato
Imo it should have been:

- Vanilla + DB & HoW as Launch game
- TTK as first main DLC for between £30 and 40 (i.e. not full game pricing)
- ROI as the next proper DLC for between £20 and 30.
- Supported from the start with cosmetic only micro transactions + balanced so that the gear could also be earned in game (costing time) - basically what we have now with the silver dust kiosk* but existing from the start.

If they had taken this approach I think the game would have been better received, specifically at launch (main criticism was lack of content). They could have still time gated TDB and HoW but made them part of the vanilla package.

*For those who haven't seen it you can now buy everything available from Eververse for silver dust. You get three packages weekly which contain items (RNG) from EV which, if not wanted, can be turned into Silver Dust (IIRC you can earn 15 SD per week this way - items cost between 5 and 35 SD). You can also buy silver outright which can be used to buy the same packages.

Associate
Imo it should have been:

- Vanilla + DB & HoW as Launch game

If they had taken this approach I think the game would have been better received, specifically at launch (main criticism was lack of content). They could have still time gated TDB and HoW but made them part of the vanilla package.

As much as people like to hate on D1, not without reason may I add, I don't think we will ever fully understand how the last minute internal issues affected the launch.

I think what you highlighted is probably what would have happened if there wasn't a storyline cluster**** right before launch. Even though I'll probably buy D2 on launch regardless, I'm hopefully that they will deliver content wise this time.

Associate
I think it was the main writer that left wasn't it? They basically took the story out of this game and reworked it at that last minute to make it so the game could be then steered in the way any new writers wanted. Shame.

Destiny 2 is Luke Smiths baby and he has a clean slate more or less story wise. Taken king was his work and it was great.

I wonder how the new PVP will play. Hope they get a new engine and servers.

Can't wait, roll on tomorrow for the trailer.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Destiny was a fantastic game, it was by no means perfect but the shooting was great, the raids were great and if you can look past the grind and the way they released the DLC it was great. I sunk a lot of hours into it and I had a really good time.

Destiny 2 should be great.

Back
Top Bottom