Destiny 2

Soldato
to be competitive in trials though you need to have competitive weapons and armour.

there is no point you using for instance a strangers rifle in trials, if you want to be competitive.

so saying i'm going pc just for trials wouldn't be true you would need to do mostly everything in order to be competitive. as you need competitive gear and the only way to get competitive gear is by doing non trials stuff regularly to get the god roll weapons and decently rolled armour.

me and my friends don't play win at any cost either. 1 of them refused to use any other special weapon than a sniper during the whole shotgun meta. he put himself at a disadvantage to play the way he wanted to play.

if a team is using cheap tactics (skorri farming) to guarantee wins, we won't resort to them either.

Ok, I see your viewpoint now.

I think in relation to Warbie's original comment.. he was specifically talking about choosing a platform for D2 based upon what you ultimately see yourself playing as end game content.

So if you're playing D2 to ultimately play Trials competitively then PC is the platform.. from a fresh start.

Yes you need the armour etc, but that will come from playing the game from new.

Caporegime
Ok, I see your viewpoint now.

I think in relation to Warbie's original comment.. he was specifically talking about choosing a platform for D2 based upon what you ultimately see yourself playing as end game content.

So if you're playing D2 to ultimately play Trials competitively then PC is the platform.. from a fresh start.

Yes you need the armour etc, but that will come from playing the game from new.

He said he was getting it on 2 platforms I'm sure. PC for Trials and console for everything else. To me that means he would need to put in twice as much time on the game. Which is why I thought it was crazy and he would be better off just picking 1 and sticking with it. I don't see how it would be healthy for someone to keep up to date on 2 platforms unless they were a famous streamer / youtuber and Destiny was their job.

Soldato
He said he was getting it on 2 platforms I'm sure. PC for Trials and console for everything else. To me that means he would need to put in twice as much time on the game. Which is why I thought it was crazy and he would be better off just picking 1 and sticking with it. I don't see how it would be healthy for someone to keep up to date on 2 platforms unless they were a famous streamer / youtuber and Destiny was their job.

Yep, **** that.

Soldato

It'd be awesome if you could cross-platform play. i.e. use PC for competitive multiplayer and console for everything else, with the same account. It's possible if the developers allow it....

What amazes me though is that some peeps havn't learned from the last lot of DLC's for destiny - I'm usually amongst the first to pre-order, but how can we without knowing what content there is?

3 strikes and a raid? - lol probably most likely.

Still too many basic details missing for me just yet.

Caporegime
i don't think they will due to the PS4 having exclusive content. as for content there will be plenty to keep you going. the only thing will be having enough time. you will want 3 characters leveled high enough to do nightfalls ASAP. forget having to do that on 2 platforms. remember you will need to do whatever content there is 3 times over (each character).

you don't want to miss out when they sell the new gjallahorn in week 2 and you don't have whatever you need to buy them, etc.

the reason why they are holding onto it all is because there is going to be something big and they don't want to leak it yet. a new class and/or a new subclass. so you could have 4 characters plus 4 subclasses each potentially. or they may hold onto that for the DLC.

they probably are looking at the vision as a whole and seeing what to introduce and when to keep people coming back for more.

Soldato

Just to clarify - that is what I meant. Well put about the highest level of competition being on the PC, too. That isn't meant as a dig btw - I love console fps.

Caporegime
You mean how to milk us best? ;)

Destiny has stopped me from buying other games. In my teens I could buy between 2-10 games a month. Now I buy possibly 2 a year. Like I said before £80 a year for Destiny IMO is nothing. I spent £90 on a single ticket to Drake concert which was 2-3 hours of entertainment and I thought it was a great night out with friends/family. So £80 a year is literally nothing. I used to spend that on petrol every week.

Soldato
Destiny has stopped me from buying other games. In my teens I could buy between 2-10 games a month. Now I buy possibly 2 a year. Like I said before £80 a year for Destiny IMO is nothing. I spent £90 on a single ticket to Drake concert which was 2-3 hours of entertainment and I thought it was a great night out with friends/family. So £80 a year is literally nothing. I used to spend that on petrol every week.

Agree.

I totaled the amount I've spent on the game from the initial ghost edition through all expansions as £215.00.. and I do not regret it at all.
I've spent 829 hours on it according to time wasted on destiny.. that equates to £0.25p per hour.
And the experiences have been more than worth it :)

Associate
Agree.

I totaled the amount I've spent on the game from the initial ghost edition through all expansions as £215.00.. and I do not regret it at all.
I've spent 829 hours on it according to time wasted on destiny.. that equates to £0.25p per hour.
And the experiences have been more than worth it :)
+1

I definitely got my moneys worth :)

Soldato
Holy balls that was a good reveal. Plenty to digest and talk about whilst waiting for the Beta to launch.

Going by the reveal alone it looks like they have really taken on board the criticisms levelled at D1 and factored that into D2. For example clans being in game and adding in effect matchmaking to all activities (albeit via a game guide hook in to the clan system).

They have overhauled the weapons (now Kinetic / Energy / Power instead of primary / secondary / heavy) and it looks like the sub classes have had a complete overhaul as well (still the same elemental base but major changes).

Can't wait to get the OCUK clan into the game (I assume that who ever is in the clan now will automatically get added into D2 in game clan given it is all through Bungie) and start playing.

Now I need more tea... :D

EDIT: This isn't really a spoiler but did anyone note that the Activision guy stated that Sony have supplied the 4K PS4 Pros. I wonder if that is in a way confirming that D2 will be 4K (or at least checkerboard) on the PS4 pro?!

Associate
I'm sure I saw a brief flash of a new enemy race at one point. It flashed up a few enemies and it was there for half a second. Here at 3.13. Is it a new race or just a different kind of hive?

Missed the game exclusive edition but I think I'm going digital this time. OCUK world first on the raid anyone?? :D

Hunters are now Martel from GoT.

Last edited:
Soldato
Obviously gonna be 4k Ps4 pro version.

Kinda underwhelmed at the reveal personally.

I was hoping for some signs of a more coherent shared world instead of the collection of instances linked up by the director now that last gen consoles have been ditched. Looks like just more of the same which although not terrible is quite disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom