*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Just checking we are still on for tonight:

As you are both 33/34 you can help drag my "lowly" 32 (Pigtails) through everything... :p

Bluey is one story mission away from being able to do the PoE (can't remember if you have to do the Shadow thief strike first though? I did the NF before I picked up that quest item).

Yep definitely still on, probably my last chance to get on destiny this week so keen to get through the PoE :)

My Titan is 33, done the 28 and 32 PoE. My Warlock and Hunter are both still 32 and haven't done any PoE yet. Ideally I want to nip through the 28 and 32 PoE on the warlock and then switch back to the titan to have a crack at 34.

Might blitz the stories on my hunter before we start tonight, for the extra key apart from anything :)

Soldato
Thursday 7pm GMT, all new story missions then PoE 28 (then PoE 32).
1. apatia7
2. redrooster303
3. falleneden

happy to get through these again with my final character and get that 3rd treasure key.

I'm lagging behind others but just got 2nd Level 32 this morning - some legendary legs and an exotic shard for warlocks helmet and I'll be 32 with him as well.

I've started just breaking down some exotic weapons. Don't have duplicates but I simply don't like and thus will never use some of them so see no reason to keep them.

I keep getting G'Horn drops too so going to have to start breaking those up. 2 G'Horns yesterday dropped...it's the only thing I ever get!! lol

Soldato
Yep definitely still on, probably my last chance to get on destiny this week so keen to get through the PoE :)

My Titan is 33, done the 28 and 32 PoE. My Warlock and Hunter are both still 32 and haven't done any PoE yet. Ideally I want to nip through the 28 and 32 PoE on the warlock and then switch back to the titan to have a crack at 34.

Might blitz the stories on my hunter before we start tonight, for the extra key apart from anything :)

Cool, I haven't run the POE on anything but 28 on Pigtails. I will just run on her unless we say do 28-32-34 and then a quick 28-32 (at which point I will switch to Bluey).

:)

Associate
I know we have lots of HoW fun to be had, but anyone want to cover a few raids on Sunday?

XB1 - CE HM / VoG HM 20:00 start

CE HM: 20:00-20:45

1. McDan1el
2. Aman

VoG HM: 20:45ish

1. McDan1el
2. Aman
3. KWJay

Having finally dropped my Gjally I think I'm done with Crota HM but I do love a jaunt through the Vault!

Associate
No, I was awkward and decided not to upgrade my titan so I stayed lv33 :p. Moon and Venom decided to upgrade to lv34 on the 4th or 5th round as it did get pretty messy. We were going to try and do it as a lv33 team but it wasn't really worth the hassle. I have upgraded my warlock now so she will be lv34 tomorrow when we run through it again and since Moon and Venom have 2 hunters we will be running it as a team of lv34's from start to finish which will make it easier.

It was pretty hard to decide what to upgrade first with my spare etheric light but I went for the fatebringer, I will probably rank up vision of confluence with the next spare etheric light I get.

It was one of the best experiences I've had on Destiny! Having to work out the strats on the fly, balancing weapon damage type etc! The funny part was when we almost wiped after actually killing Skolas, as we still had mines left to defuse :rolleyes:

Looking forward to getting rid of those ugly hunter arms and trying some of the new exotic bounties etc

365 Fatebringer had to happen first, second will be between vision of confluence or found verdict (we all used this a lot for the high level captains)

Soldato
It was one of the best experiences I've had on Destiny! Having to work out the strats on the fly, balancing weapon damage type etc! The funny part was when we almost wiped after actually killing Skolas, as we still had mines left to defuse :rolleyes:

Looking forward to getting rid of those ugly hunter arms and trying some of the new exotic bounties etc

365 Fatebringer had to happen first, second will be between vision of confluence or found verdict (we all used this a lot for the high level captains)

That is interesting as I saw that on the ~ 40 second kill video as well. I just assumed they were up as they had killed him so fast.

365 Fatebringer though..... *Moody happy.... disturbance in the force...*

Soldato

The 35 PoE was genuinely the best experience I've had on Destiny. So much tension and moments where we had to improvise on the fly.

The 5th round was hilarious at times. Me & Venom both had clutch moments where we had to do full laps around the arena, running away from trash, to get back to Rabbit. Then me & Venom would die and Rabbit had to do the same thing. I think the 5th round took 36 minutes?

New mechanics like the poison buff from Skolas and the burn AoE in the 34 PoE are fantastic.

We'll be completing the 35 PoE on all our alts tonight, hopefully the vendor packages yield some tasty loot! The shader is a bit errr... unique :X

Associate
For the guys who've completed the 34, did you all have a Defender Titan? We tried it yesterday and didn't really get anywhere without one on the final stage. Just wondered if there's other decent strategies that don't rely on the Titan bubble.

Associate
For the guys who've completed the 34, did you all have a Defender Titan? We tried it yesterday and didn't really get anywhere without one on the final stage. Just wondered if there's other decent strategies that don't rely on the Titan bubble.

Yep, the second time we did the final 34 with 2 gunslingers and 1 sunsinger. As long as you time it so that you have a decent amount of shield when he burns the floor and space to jump you should be fine. We went to the top left corner (coming from the entrance) and it works well, more cover from the wizard/ogre etc.

Soldato
Looking forward to it :)

Would like to get at least one 34 done tonight for the Etheric as I didn't have any luck on the NFs.

We should be fine :)

I will have one NF to do so maybe I will get lucky. Would be nice to run my WL VoG chest piece again as I miss running it. Might have to do head over heart though and upgrade my Iron Banner chest piece first though... better roll for my usual load out.

Associate
Just checking we are still on for tonight:

As you are both 33/34 you can help drag my "lowly" 32 (Pigtails) through everything... :p

Bluey is one story mission away from being able to do the PoE (can't remember if you have to do the Shadow thief strike first though? I did the NF before I picked up that quest item).

I'm definitely still up for this. I'll be running my warlock through the story from approx 4:30pm then will switch to my titan for the PoE stuff.

Soldato
Got home really late last night, luckily got 2 NFs done :D. Need to grind a bit on my titan to get it too lv32 now and hopefully get my last NF done. Need to do some PoE stuff too, hopefully won't be out too late tonight.

Soldato
I'm definitely still up for this. I'll be running my warlock through the story from approx 4:30pm then will switch to my titan for the PoE stuff.

Two bubble titans for the 34 should make it pretty straightforward from what I've read. In general I've found defenders to be a godsend in PoE....at last :)

I'll be able to run either hunter or warlock for the 28 and 32....

Last edited:
Associate
I'm heading out for the evening but I'll be back online at about 22:30 if anyone is around to do level 32 PoE. Really want to get it done on my Titan before having another crack at the level 34.

I'll put my name in for the raid runs on Sunday too, Dan. It'll be fun doing Crota now that we're the same level! :)

Back
Top Bottom