*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Man of Honour
It's best to try have one of each class. Warlock for the emergency self res run when the mines are out helps and a Titan can bubble the middle one making it much safer. An invisible hunter helps for picking people up in difficult places.

We actually found it easiest with 3 Titans. You can stay camped on the ledge on the right (as you go in) and only have to worry about the occasional Captain or Reaver jumping up. With 3 Defenders we were able to spam bubbles pretty much constantly meaning we had Weapons, Blessing and Armor of Light at all times. As long as you're aware of the timing of the mines and when they're due, you only really have to deal with the mines properly once as you can destroy him as the 2nd set of mines are about to come out, letting you deal with them with no adds. We did this last week and beat him first time with no real issues.

Associate
Just jumped on for a few hours there, realised I hadn't touched ANY of Dark Below or House of Wolves. So was mopping up them quests, and got to the complete strike quest for Dark Below. To kill two birds with one stone I did the heroic weekly strike, which happens to be the strike I needed to do, so complete it and the quests doesn't fill? That's a bit unfair in my opinion!

Apart from that, really loving the 2.0 update, the game feels completely different and it feels a lot better for it!

Caporegime
Can't say I've ever tried it with 3 Titans so can't comment mate.

Yas - yeah I'm not online at the minute. Having to deal with some incredibly special neighbours. The bonuses of living near to Rotherham. :p

I'll sign on in a minute mate.

No worries mate, I'm just logging in now.

Crucible will have to wait after skolas, now have 51 wins yayyy lol. Managed to get on a team for control where we did well until destiny decided to split us up lol.

Associate
Anybody fancy teaming up to get some of the final steps of the sub-class quests done? Tired of struggling to generate 7 orbs x3 when there are randoms in the fireteam. I'm thinking of loading up the Sepiks strike and joust sparrowing to where the Hive Majors spawn. I would do this in matchmaking but feel bad(ish) for the randsoms who I abandon.

I'm on now and will be on tomorrow early afternoon if anybody fancies.

edit. Thanks AStaley for helping with the Striker one, top man!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Big thanks to Gimp and Milkybk for helping me get the poe 35 nailed...not forgetting an honourable mention to kwjay, was good fun. Took us a few attempts get past the cabal, arc burn round then got KWJay in for the fallen round where the target comes out. After that took us about 2 attempts to nail Skolas...almost nailed him first time round but second time we got him down. Not too bad seeing as it was my first time doing Skolas but we had good comms throughout. Makes it much more easier when you have people who know what they are doing lol.

Again huge thanks lads. So that's one more triumph down, just need to do the 100 crucible wins now before ttk falls. I'm on about 51 wins so anyone available to help me?? ie could do with a fireteam and hit control as I quite enjoy that bit in crucible.

I'll be online around 1-ish then got rest of the day to concentrate on getting those damned crucible wins.

Caporegime
Does anyone know what the recommended light levels are for the raids on hard mode? Even though I'm level 34, I don't think I'm nearly powerful enough - no primary burn weapons nor exotics.

Soldato
Probably 240, looking at some of the missions that I've seen.

On the new Raid probably a little lower possible as you can enter before 40.

Does anyone know what the recommended light levels are for the raids on hard mode? Even though I'm level 34, I don't think I'm nearly powerful enough - no primary burn weapons nor exotics.

For the current Raids it'd be a case of working it backwards. 170 light the max for 34, so Crota will be 165 light on Hard, VoG will be 150 (5 light per level)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I might be on later mate, at friends house at the minute. If not I'll be playing tomorrow I imagine.

No worries bud, playing with my nephew who is absolutely destroying everything in mayhem :D. Already racked up 15 wins with him and his little buddy, if u come online I'll invite u to the fireteam. At this rate think I'll nail those 100 wins pretty easily lol.

Caporegime
Phew what a night that was lol. Did about 5 hrs of constant crucible, played mayhem as it seems to be the quickest way of getting those 100 wins.

Managed to get to 80 wins so just 20 left, which I'm hoping to polish off today/tonight. But mayhem is just that, absolute carnage with super galores and heavy rockets being launched left, right and centre.

Quite lucky in that my 11 year old nephew and his buddy are bloody brilliant at crucible. Played 16 games, won 15 and lost just the one...both these kids were getting around 25 kills each with 10-15 kill streaks. Me?? I just sat back and let them loose on the other team lol. Was epically good fun tbh as much as I detest pvp game modes, only reason why I'm doing it is to get that final triumph nailed and get whatever goodies you are meant to get lol.

But suffice to say, I was pretty knackered by it...played till about 2am till I told them call it quits for the night. For him, it was early as he lives in Canada so is 5 hrs behind us so he could still carry on playing.

Hopefully finish off these 20 wins by tonight, just want to get it out of the way really lol.

Back
Top Bottom