Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
Deus EX:HR was probably the best game I've played in the last few years. Looking forward to this. They seem to be taking the time to do it properly, fingers crossed.

Soldato
I have been studying the latest gameplay videos (I will probably regret it later on) and there are a few things that irk me about Mankind Divided:

• Graphics seem a little bit like they took the old HR engine and over-sharpened it.

• Take-downs are not as varied as they could be, animation wise.

• Voice acting seems worse than HR.

I know the gameplay was only a demo, but I hope by the final game they improve the oversharpening filter because I feel it destroys the depth of field. If it's like that because it's an augmentation then fair enough, but let us have the choice. Takedowns are not really crucial to whether I will not like the game - I just think they could be a bit better. And I'm assuming the voice acting heard might not be final recordings yet.

Associate
I have been studying the latest gameplay videos (I will probably regret it later on) and there are a few things that irk me about Mankind Divided:

• Graphics seem a little bit like they took the old HR engine and over-sharpened it.
Whaat? You mean they won't look as good as the trailer? If this is the case after I have gone through the reviews with a fine tooth comb, I shall refuse to purchase the game on the basis of false advertising.

Muzy said:
4p4Zmmf.gif

In4d7zo.gif

I shall also partially lay the blame at the OPs feet for posting animated GIFs of the trailer, suggesting that it may be in-engine footage.

Edit: You know, that smoke almost looks like The Witcher 3's original E3 in-game presentation before the particle effects, along with most of the rest of the game, was drastically downgraded.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whaat? You mean they won't look as good as the trailer? If this is the case after I have gone through the reviews with a fine tooth comb, I shall refuse to purchase the game on the basis of false advertising.

I shall also partially lay the blame at the OPs feet for posting animated GIFs of the trailer, suggesting that it may be in-engine footage.

Edit: You know, that smoke almost looks like The Witcher 3's original E3 in-game presentation before the particle effects, along with most of the rest of the game, was drastically downgraded.

The trailer footage from those animated gifs is mostly cgi. In some of those trailers they blend in some actual in-game footage occasionally to make it more seamless, but the footage I'm referencing is in-game stuff like this (although the one I watched earlier was the Dubai mission demo):

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Pre-ordered Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe Edition for £50 from GMG the other day. Want to have access to the game and the DLC asap and these devs deserve the support :)

Can't wait for it to come out :D

Associate
Green Man Gaming has 23% off today on everything (as oppose to their near permanent 20% off) so I pre-ordered for £31.

Whilst I'll be buying the novella, I don't see how the rest of the Season pass stated stuff adds up to £19. Can always buy it later if they pull their finger out and make an effort to actually put up a sales pitch for it.

I can't work out if its the same Novella thats supposed be due out before the game at the end of this month.

Bizarrely I'd rather pay more than £31 for a game like this. Game devs really do make it hard on themselves with DLC imo. Sometimes its Bioware style, and mandatory to the main story but way overpriced. Other times when devs price it right, it then tends to not really be worth it as you've already finished the game and won't be coming back.

Associate
That's generally what it means as most games don't get DLC releases going far past 12 months after release.

I'd like to know more about the size of the 'mission' included and the Novella. Missing Link size?

Back
Top Bottom