Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Turn screenspace reflections and contact hardening shadows down a notch and turn up your AO setting to maximum. You'll get richer visuals plus better performance. Top AO setting is potentially the most impactful 'max' setting in the game, visually.

Thanks for the tip, left all settings the same but upped AO to Very High. Actually gave me a slight boost :p

Average: 70.1 FPS
Minimum: 57.4 FPS
Maximum: 91.3 FPS

edit - Screenspace Reflections dropped from Ultra to On

Average: 71.7 FPS
Minimum: 57.4 FPS
Maximum: 94.5 FPS

So doesn't affect min FPS, only Max. I'll leave it on Ultra.

edit2 - Dropping Contract Hardening Shadowsfrom Ultra to On had 0 difference, exact same results so will keep that on Ultra also.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been reading the steam forums on this game and there quite a few raging on there, saying its a **** poor port, other saying it's a good port, I've only played about 30mins in due to crashing but it's hardly ground breaking graphics, from a FPS view BF1 looks way infront and runs at higher frames.

Soldato
No that sounds messed up. Latest drivers?

I'm on 16.7.3 - the latest is 16.8.3 so not the very latest. Strangely though I put the High preset on and started playing the game and I do seem to getting between 35 -50 FPS. Is the benchmark tool the killer or what?

I'll try the latest drivers tomorrow.

On a side note - I'm trying to hack the first door but I can't get it capture are nodes - I'm pressing C and tried button A on the XBOX controller but the hack won't start. What am I missing?

Edit: Update the drivers - still the same. Benching 24.7 FPS on high settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
CTD panic over, seems this game is very GPU overclock sensitive, must have been the core or memory setting it didn't like, they were stable in everything else. Oh well I can get on with enjoying the game now, albeit with 2/3fps less :) nm.

Caporegime
CTD panic over, seems this game is very GPU overclock sensitive, must have been the core or memory setting it didn't like, they were stable in everything else. Oh well I can get on with enjoying the game now, albeit with 2/3fps less :) nm.

In my experience (not experiencing crashes usually, ever) it's generally to do with overclocks that people are adamant are "stable".

Same thing happened when GTA V came out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just saw the reviews on Steam. LOL!

So predictable. Bunch of noobs that feel entitled to have everything on max... Funny thing is, this is the so called "PC Master Race" :o:p

Loving the game so far, runs smooth, love the graphics at 4K. So far meeting my expectations :D

Still doing first mission,with some breaks (kids home),but i decided to do first playthrough "naturally" - if i need to kill,i do,second playthrough will be totally stealth.
Im just sad we will need to wait another game like this for years :(:(:(:(:( (yes,im already want another DE)

I feel your pain man. Yeah I will play the same. Decided to do the first area not killin anyone, as that seems best from the mission briefing to me. But soon I will do whatever I fancy.

LOL, the devs can't win.

Most of the complaints about HR's graphics were the yellow/gold filter.

Yeah, crazy...

I much prefer they way it is now in MD.

Associate
Worth repeating for anyone getting the train station crash - verifying the integrity of the game cache through steam seems to fix it. Worked for me)

Man of Honour
LOL, the devs can't win.

Most of the complaints about HR's graphics were the yellow/gold filter.

It could have done with some tweaking in HR and infact there was a tweak that made it perfect IIRC most of the complaints were about the heaviness of it and not the visual style itself.

Back
Top Bottom