Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
Exited the game to get a drink.
Couldn't get it to load the main menu after. Verified game cache and it wants 10GB again :/

Not the best pre-load ever, but I understand why they wanted the 3gb separate to avoid torrents before day 1.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So what are the first impressions besides gfx and performance?

I have been messing around with the mobile app scanned in something I found from the game. Fun feature.. Setting my key bindings, getting used to menus.

They address one thing I hated about HR, you now have many interactable objects. I am picking stuff up and looking behind them for hidden stuff. lol

I only just got to the bit where you smash the wall, 5 minutes into the game if you don't mess about and I have been playing in game for a while. lol

Love it! Such bliss if you are a Deus Ex fan! :D:D:D

VTR

VTR

Soldato
[email protected], 980Ti, 8GB RAM, 1080P

Texture Quality: Ultra
Texture Filtering: 16x Anisotropic
Shadow Quality: Very High
Ambient Occlusion: On
Contact Hardening Shadows: Ultra
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: High
Depth of Field: Off
Level of Detail: Very High
Volumetric Lighting: On
Screenspace Reflections: Ultra

TAA: On
Motion Blur: Off
Sharpen: On
Bloom: On
Cloth Phyics: On
Subsurface Scattering: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Tessellation: On

Benchmark Results:

Average: 70.0 FPS
Minimum: 55.3 FPS
Maximum: 91.3FPS

Looks great, runs great :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Turning the MSAA off has helped the FPS, it's games like this that make me glad I folked out for a high end GPU, feel sorry for people trying to run this at 4K Ultra, 3440*1440 is hard enough.

Getting CTD every 10 mins very annoying worst part so far.

Don't feel sorry for me bud, I have got it running very nicely with a few useless settings off. If anything I should feel sorry for those who cannot see the game in it's 4K glory :p;)

Associate
I have been messing around with the mobile app scanned in something I found from the game. Fun feature.. Setting my key bindings, getting used to menus.

They address one thing I hated about HR, you now have many interactable objects. I am picking stuff up and looking behind them for hidden stuff. lol

I only just got to the bit where you smash the wall, 5 minutes into the game if you don't mess about and I have been playing in game for a while. lol

Love it! Such bliss if you are a Deus Ex fan! :D:D:D

Same :D
Just not able to rush at all,even if i want :D
Not a single crash,no problems whatsoever..I really expected some trouble since i had with HR,but this was very smooth for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ultra wide FTW but let's not go into that.

Unplayable for me CTD every 5/10mins, not hitting any limit's just getting crashes :mad:

Haha. Agreed. As mentioned before, it is all down to preference. Look at peeps with ultra-wide already having issues with a 2016 game.

In the mean time I have had zero crashes. Hope I don't jinx myself :p:o:D

Same :D
Just not able to rush at all,even if i want :D
Not a single crash,no problems whatsoever..I really expected some trouble since i had with HR,but this was very smooth for me.

Yeah, I think me and you are similar like that. Just want to get the most out of the experience as it does not come along often..

Soldato
[email protected], 980Ti, 8GB RAM, 1080P

Texture Quality: Ultra
Texture Filtering: 16x Anisotropic
Shadow Quality: Very High
Ambient Occlusion: On
Contact Hardening Shadows: Ultra
Parallax Occlusion Mapping: High
Depth of Field: Off
Level of Detail: Very High
Volumetric Lighting: On
Screenspace Reflections: Ultra

TAA: On
Motion Blur: Off
Sharpen: On
Bloom: On
Cloth Phyics: On
Subsurface Scattering: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Tessellation: On

Benchmark Results:

Average: 70.0 FPS
Minimum: 55.3 FPS
Maximum: 91.3FPS

Looks great, runs great :)
Turn screenspace reflections and contact hardening shadows down a notch and turn up your AO setting to maximum. You'll get richer visuals plus better performance. Top AO setting is potentially the most impactful 'max' setting in the game, visually.

Caporegime
but I'm really starting to miss the yellow/gold filter from the previous game, and just overall the general aesthetic seems to be toned down somewhat.

That is one thing that strikes me - HR had a solid visual aesthetic that really got you into the mood of the game.

LOL, the devs can't win.

Most of the complaints about HR's graphics were the yellow/gold filter.

Soldato
my 1070 doesnt like this game one bit.. a bit dissappointed with the performance at 1440p considering how the game look. Will have to mess with it some more but yeah.. not happy atm.

Man of Honour
Interesting post on Steam, apologies if posted already -

This 'review' is only to tell people to TURN OFF MSAA and either put Volumetric Lighting on On or Off. Do not set it to Ultra. Contact Hardening Shadows should also be set to On instead of Ultra as well. These settings are HUGE performance killers with very little noticeable differences ( Mainly Volumetric Lighting and CHS )

Volumetric Lighting and Contact Hardening Shadows are hard to notice on Ultra unless you compare two screenshots side by side and look for the differences. Save yourself the trouble and leave them to On or Off depending on how much of an fps boost you want.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hey Mario, I just got to the 2nd tutorial, how about you? lol

my 1070 doesnt like this game one bit.. a bit dissappointed with the performance at 1440p considering how the game look. Will have to mess with it some more but yeah.. not happy atm.

Just run my settings dude, at 1440p you should get min 60fps.. I am getting 40fps mostly and I am 4K and have a 1070...

Associate
Hey Mario, I just got to the 2nd tutorial, how about you? lol

Just run my settings dude, at 1440p you should get min 60fps.. I am getting 40fps mostly and I am 4K and have a 1070...

Still doing first mission,with some breaks (kids home),but i decided to do first playthrough "naturally" - if i need to kill,i do,second playthrough will be totally stealth.
Im just sad we will need to wait another game like this for years :(:(:(:(:( (yes,im already want another DE)

Back
Top Bottom